**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Dion Waiters, Nick Young, JR Smith, these ain't the dudes to have around a young roster. If you got a older team with some leadership you can keep them in check. I don't care how good they are off the bench. All stats ain't good stats.

What's so bad about Dion? Fill me in

I know he's a get buckets kinda dude, but teams need scoring off the bench i.e. Lou, Swaggy, prime Terry, Crawford etc
He is the ultimate ball stopper. He has no conscious with shooting.  He literally use to airball shots with Russ and Durant both on the court and would come down and the it again and again and he didn't even see what the problem was.

His usual statline was like 14 points on 4/17 shooting and he probably would look at those stats and think he was balling.  He doesn't make the extra pass and will easily lead the lakers in attempts per game next year.  Admittedly I didn't watch him much the last 30 games with the Heat last year, when he played much better I hear
He played well with Dragic when he was healthy.

Dion played great for us down the stretch. Was probably the main catalyst for the 30-11 run to close out the season. We probably would've clinched the 8-seed if he hadn't gotten injured near the very end of the reg season. Spo really got him into shape, which he talks about in his Player's Tribune article. At times, he really did look like DWade-lite. He won the fanbase over and a lot of fans around here want to throw him the bag (I'm not convinced). At the end of the day, he's only 25 and may have turned the corner as a player. If you sign him to a 1 year deal, that's not bad at all IMO.

I would much rather prefer a Waiters 1 year over signing over any other contract to be real.

Dion played great for us down the stretch. Was probably the main catalyst for the 30-11 run to close out the season. We probably would've clinched the 8-seed if he hadn't gotten injured near the very end of the reg season. Spo really got him into shape, which he talks about in his Player's Tribune article. At times, he really did look like DWade-lite. He won the fanbase over and a lot of fans around here want to throw him the bag (I'm not convinced). At the end of the day, he's only 25 and may have turned the corner as a player. If you sign him to a 1 year deal, that's not bad at all IMO.

Sound like y'all should keep him then.

Sound like y'all should keep him then.

If GH chooses Utah or Boston, then we might.

Dion shouldn't want to leave if he had that big of an impact and said that he'd never been in that good of shape before.

I mean, thats just common sense.

Dragic, Waiters, Hayward, Whiteside is like a 2-3 seed in the East :lol:

damn waiters is only 25?

if im waiters i dont think a 1 year big money contract with the lakers will hurt that much

Dion shouldn't want to leave if he had that big of an impact and said that he'd never been in that good of shape before.

I mean, thats just common sense.

Dragic, Waiters, Hayward, Whiteside is like a 2-3 seed in the East :lol:

He doesn't want to leave. We don't have the cap space to sign both though.

Not at all. Sign a 1 year deal over here and will get a big contract next year just like everyone else who as ever came here short term.

Eh I dunno about all this. But since they are letting the dice roll on the whole season anyway. It's like playing with house money. As long as they are all 1 year deals like the last guys plan does it even matter anyway lol. Eff it :lol:

eh I dont see Rondo as the mentor type... If we happened to get him, I wouldn't be surprised if he got all Diva over playing time VS Lonzo...
not really a fan of waiters, he could help but he's no game changer...
these are weird personalities to go after... IMO give the keys to Lonzo and let him develop quickly.

eh I dont see Rondo as the mentor type
I don't see it, either... but it says something that he was so popular among the Bulls newbs.

"He was just on his best behavior because he knows he can't shoot, can't keep up, and better provide SOMETHING to stay relevant, so he chose 'Veteran leader to the newbs' as his ticket to staying in the NBA."

And... that would be exactly the case for us if it were to happen.
IMO give the keys to Lonzo and let him develop quickly.
A great way for talent to be misdirected is for that talent to have very little to draw from, to closely evaluate. EVEN IF A GUY LIKE RONDO only serves as a bad example and how not to be, that's better than Lonzo just winging it with no vets on the team. None of the vets on our squad have ever been anywhere close to running an offense, let alone a franchise. Rondo has.

eh I dont see Rondo as the mentor type
I don't see it, either... but it says something that he was so popular among the Bulls newbs.

"He was just on his best behavior because he knows he can't shoot, can't keep up, and better provide SOMETHING to stay relevant, so he chose 'Veteran leader to the newbs' as his ticket to staying in the NBA."

And... that would be exactly the case for us if it were to happen.
IMO give the keys to Lonzo and let him develop quickly.
A great way for talent to be misdirected is for that talent to have very little to draw from, to closely evaluate. EVEN IF A GUY LIKE RONDO only serves as a bad example and how not to be, that's better than Lonzo just winging it with no vets on the team. None of the vets on our squad have ever been anywhere close to running an offense, let alone a franchise. Rondo has.

I agree with all of this 100%, well said.

Rondo is notoriously difficult to coach. Boston, Sacramento and Dallas weren't too long ago.

This is the mentor we want for Ball?

I don't have any interest in Rondo or Waiters, but for 1 year, meh. Least it wouldn't be 4 years like Swaggy.

Y'all dudes behaving?

I'll take Rondo to back up Lonzo, good tough vet to have on this young roster
As for his rep, like those who posted...he took his benching in stride and was praised by younger guys in Chi. My only issue is this doesn't help address our shooting issues.

And no thanks to Dion Waiters, would rather see Josh Hart get those minutes.

Last edited:
I just remember all the HYPE Jordan Clarkson got the 2 years he played in the summer league :lol:

Dudes on this thread saying he's the next T-Mac :rofl:

Then the HYPE grew even more when he did that dunk on Dante Exum during his rookie season at a game in Utah.

Still don't think he's gotten a fair shot IMO, dude was passing and balling out there rookie year. Then the kobe farewell tour happened, and since then we've just been so dysfunctional.

Interesting things going on regarding our big men.
So we traded #28 for #30 and #42. Then we draft Hart at #30, who we could have just drafted at #28 and not done the trade. But in getting the #42, we take Thomas Bryant. So the whole reason we did that trade was solely to draft Thomas Bryant.

Then we waive Tarik Black. This tells me that the organization sees Zubac and T. Bryant as the future centers for this team after one year of Brook's mentorship. That's good news. They're obviously really high on young Zubac and both of our future centers can shoot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom