Hart
Kuzma
Nance
Zu

Nwaba
Thomas

Looooooove it

Last edited:
The best thing about having George Hill is not only that he's a decent 3 point shooter, but he's also a solid defender. We really need a good perimeter defensive guy on the Lakers.

That's a decent team right now. If the West wasn't so stacked we could push for the 8th seed.

Magic pulls this off and we've upgraded at 3 positions while not compromising our team going forward. 24k :pimp:

Magic pulls this off and we've upgraded at 3 positions while not compromising our team going forward. 24k :pimp:

As long as BI's shot improves/improved
I won't be as worried about our shooting
Brook gonna represent us at the ASG
in the 3pt contest [emoji]127996[/emoji]

Back the brinks truck for the man. I'm thinking reddick money

That would still give us a couple mil for another 1 year deal

Perfect. Take pressure off ball

These 1 yr deals can be crucial. Come trade deadline teams are gonna want to start stacking up so if we land Hill for a 1+1 deal or just a 1 yr deal we can trade it for a pick since we don't have one in 2018.

The Lakers have 17 mil in cap space right?

Getting Ball, Hill & Lopez in one offseason would have me projecting this team at 35-40 wins.

Last edited:
Interesting things going on regarding our big men.
So we traded #28 for #30 and #42. Then we draft Hart at #30, who we could have just drafted at #28 and not done the trade. But in getting the #42, we take Thomas Bryant. So the whole reason we did that trade was solely to draft Thomas Bryant.

Then we waive Tarik Black. This tells me that the organization sees Zubac and T. Bryant as the future centers for this team after one year of Brook's mentorship. That's good news. They're obviously really high on young Zubac and both of our future centers can shoot.

@wojespn: Free agent George Hill and reps are meeting with the Lakers today in Los Angeles, discussing a one-year deal, league sources tell ESPN.

I know most of you dudes will probably be ":rofl:" because everything we do is apparently idiotic but I personally like this signing a lot if we can close it.
Hill can shoot.
This thread been in shambles since the trade

That's a decent team right now. If the West wasn't so stacked we could push for the 8th seed.

Nah Magic is an idiot and knows nothing about what it takes to construct a winning team. Not an athletic bone in his body.

The Lakers have 17 mil in cap space right?

Getting Ball, Hill & Lopez in one offseason would have me projecting this team at 35-40 wins.

:lol:

Ain't it possible that we drafted Thomas Bryant at 42 because he was at highest on our draft board at that time. Whose to say we didn't trade 27th for 30 and 42 because we were targeting players X Y and Z and it so happened that these players were taken 31 to 41...leaving us with player W at 42

You make it seem like we really really targeted Bryant

Last edited:
:rofl:
The best part was I woke up this morning thinking about Thomas freakin Bryant and that pick swap on draft day, then I had to post my thoughts :lol:

Thanks CP

Ain't it possible that we drafted Thomas Bryant at 42 because he was at highest on our draft board at that time. Whose to say we didn't trade 27th for 30 and 42 because we were targeting players X Y and Z and it so happened that these players were taken 31 to 41...leaving us with player W at 42

Could very well be true, but the other moves like waiving Tarik and acquiring a veteran center for one year to mentor Zu and TB appear to signal that Zu and TB are the future

But I digress, WHAT ARE WE REALLY TALKING ABOUT HERE?! :rofl:

Could very well be true, but the other moves like waiving Tarik and acquiring a veteran center for one year to mentor Zu and TB appear to signal that Zu and TB are the future

Do you really believe this? Or you ******* with me? Just tell me straight up so I can set my schedule for the day.

Do you really believe this? Or you ******* with me? Just tell me straight up so I can set my schedule for the day.

Well the way they talk about having stretch 5's
And we know we won't bring Lopez back
Soooo, depending on how well TB actually looks as an NBA big, if they like him they'll keep him. And Zu , I believe, is our future starting center

Well the way they talk about having stretch 5's
And we know we won't bring Lopez back
Soooo, depending on how well TB actually looks as an NBA big, if they like him they'll keep him. And Zu , I believe, is our future starting center

So, if they like a draft pick they drafted, they'll keep him? Novel idea. Really smart approach.....

They got Lopez to rid Mozgov. The bonus to that for Brook is DLo. The Lakers want the 1 year contract. They did not trade for Brooke Lopez to "mentor" a rookie they didn't even have yet, or Zubac who we all already like. And I agree with you, he could be nice someday.

They did not make the trade at 28 to get 30-42 with the intent of taking Bryant, he was merely there at 42. Their target could have went at 31, or 40, or 38, etc. They took the highest player they liked on their board at 42, after taking their highest name at 30. (whom they could have taken at 27 if they were so inclined.

Stop reading into details assuming they are "plans" for how a roster is built. You honestly think a GM has a plan to build around a 2nd round Center he got at pick #42?

You draft BPA, you try to coach them up as best you can, get them trainers, teach them, mold them, get them on diets, workout routines, hone their skills, and pray they work out. 98 times out of a hundred they fail. No harm, no foul. The Draymonds, the Gilbert Areanas', the Marc Gasol's, very very very few and far between. You don't build around pick #42. You build around pick #2. You HOPE 42 fits with #2 in some way. (and he just might, or, he might fit in better with the bench squad, etc.)

They did not go into this offseason hoping to add Brooke Lopez to help them mentor Pick #42 that they didn't even have yet. Please, don't read into it more than that.

Back
Top Bottom