**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tonight is another example of why the Lakers need to trade some assets in order to obtain an established and proven impact player.

The more I watch Mozgov play, the more I realize why the Cavs weren't trippin on losing him.

Or maybe it's an example of a young team playing without 2 starters on a road trip that was routed stupidly

This

Last edited:
Deng, Lou Williams, Thomas Robinson, Tarik Black we could all afford them to be traded.

Hell there's even a trade in those 4 names that could get you Noel if you really want him.

Last edited:
Or maybe it's an example of a young team playing without 2 starters on a road trip that was routed stupidly

Technically, it's the Memphis game that will show the effects of the poorly routed trip (if any). New Orleans to Chicago to Toronto to Memphis (4th game in 5 nights )

Having Nick and Russell wouldn't have made a difference against the 2nd best team in the East
Then why are we having this discussion at all.

Trading for Cousins, wouldn't have had us win this game either...
Completely disagree. Cousins is a mismatch for basically 90% of the teams in the league. Nobody in Toronto would have been able to stop him let alone contain him. Cousins commands constant double teams. Would Toronto double team Nick or Russell? There's your answer.

Last edited:
Lakers number one problem is defense or lack thereof. We don't have the wings to put any pressure on even average dudes offensively and compounding that not being able to stay in front of anyone leading to an ole at the rim every game. Won't be able to be addressed this season I don't believe considering those terrible deals for Deng and Mosgov. So basically we need to outscore everybody to win, which is tougher when you don't have all the bullets in the gun as we do now. 

Having Nick and Russell wouldn't have made a difference against the 2nd best team in the East

Completely disagree. Cousins is a mismatch for basically 90% of the teams in the league. Nobody in Toronto would have been able to stop him let alone contain him. Cousins commands constant double teams. Would Toronto double team Nick or Russell? There's your answer.

Because DeMarcus Cousins has plenty of experience on teams with winning records.

Deng, Lou Williams, Thomas Robinson, Tarik Black we could all afford them to be traded.

Hell there's even a trade in those 4 names that could get you Noel if you really want him.

You and your million of crazy pipe dream trades that never happen :lol:

The days of Mitch fleecing other teams for a star are long gone.

Last edited:
BI played decent today
Can't say the same for the rest of the team

Really need DLo to come back

Because DeMarcus Cousins has plenty of experience on teams with winning records.

And what does that have to do with the fact that Cousins commands double teams and Russell does not? Lol

To comment on statistics

Statistics are good descriptive indicators of past/current performance. They do a great job in telling us what has happened. So we can objectively say DLo has performed as an above average NBA player this year.

What your expectations are for him however are separate and shouldn't be used to evaluate him as a player.

second we shouldn't judge dlo based on where he was drafted. I don't care where he was drafted. Evaluating based on draft position will give you flawed opinions every time.

Truth is Dlo has performed well at a very young age and that is incredibly valuable to any team. Btw Y'all do realize he basically has the 2nd highest PER this year of any qualified point guard of the same age or younger in the history of the NBA right? (Second to cp3)

Y'all can debate his potential all you want. But to argue that DLo isn't a valuable asset to this team now and going forward is laughable.

Any time you have a chance to trade multiple young, cheap, developing assets for an expensive, head case, playoff virgin, you have to discuss it daily.

To look at it another way, he has as many playoff wins as Pau did before we traded for him and he's a top 15 player. The lakers management would definitely try to get him if he becomes available, but the price will be too steep and I don't think we should give up more than 2 of our young core players for him

Momo was on the Lowe Post and said the franchise is giving this group time to develop. They didn't even bother picking up the phone to call OKC when Westbrook was debating to sign the extension or not.

Hope we can get this W tonight. If we can continue to hover at .500 until Swaggy and D'Lo get back I'll be satisfied.

i believe we can steal the game tonight
even though it's the second game of the b2b

we just took that L, but tonight we'll bounce back
Baby Lakers gotta wake up in beast mode

Last edited:
Even with the back to back, the Grizzlies are so banged up this game should be for the taking.

Before and after D'Lo's injury:

View media item 2249651
As much as I want Ingram to develop, it may be a better play to swap him for Clarkson in the starting lineup to juice up the offense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom