**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Puke really let Clarkson slowly walk the ball up the court when the game was tied with less than a minute left, called time out with 12 on the shot clock then drew up a play for Clarkson to make a read. Wut.
I hate making excuses but Luke went with the hottest hand and failed
Oh well

Luke is also a rookie, learning the ropes, same as the kids. He'll learn from it.

Phil couldn't beat the Bobcats either. Remember that.

Glad to see Russell out of the game. GREAT CALL Luke

10-2 run since DLo came out genius. Real bright you are.
You gonna QUESTION Luke's call? Who's the coach and who gets the big bucks, you or Luke LOL
While you spent the game jerkin off over any "perceived" lack of "leadership" from DLo, the team collapsed the moment he came out with 3 minutes left.

NOW you want to switch gears to me and Luke?
roll.gif

Clown shoes b. You in em.
Who was more instrumental in the Lakers CAPTURING that big lead, DLo or Nick/Jordan/Lou? 

That "collapse" you speak of happened as soon as the 3rd quarter started, with Randle and Russell on the floor b. Go listen to Big Game so you can wake up and smell that DLo while you rock the Ronald McDonald

Puke really let Clarkson slowly walk the ball up the court when the game was tied with less than a minute left, called time out with 12 on the shot clock then drew up a play for Clarkson to make a read. Wut.
Oh well
Only positive play I remember Clarkson had with the ball in his hands was when he beat Kaminsky baseline for a layup. Otherwise, everything was catch and shoot. Unless it's in the open court, I don't trust Clarkson with the ball in his hands to make a read.

111-105 when DLo came out.

And dude hyped about him comin out "helpin" the Lakers.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

And sticking with a player who is 19 (Ingram) winning the game for us...because he has that experience.

LMAO.
Yeah, the 19-year old whom Coach Luke obviously trusts and was on the court at the crucial moments of the 4th quarter while Hollywood Russell sat and watched. LMAO
And they lost.... Soooooooooooooooooooo not sure what point you are trying to prove here
Bottom line: DLo makes NO difference and is why Luke sat his Hollywood ***

You gonna QUESTION Luke's call? Who's the coach and who gets the big bucks, you or Luke LOL

While you spent the game jerkin off over any "perceived" lack of "leadership" from DLo, the team collapsed the moment he came out with 3 minutes left.

NOW you want to switch gears to me and Luke? :rofl:

Who was more instrumental in the Lakers CAPTURING that big lead, DLo or Nick/Jordan/Lou? 

That "collapse" you speak of happened as soon as the 3rd quarter started, with Randle and Russell on the floor b. Go listen to Big Game so you can wake up and smell that DLo while you rock the Ronald McDonald

You're up 6, with 3 minutes left, why are you worried about the 3rd quarter?

Russell had the team in position to win, he came out, 10-2 run, L.

Why you strugglin with graspin that?

Yeah, the 19-year old whom Coach Luke obviously trusts and was on the court at the crucial moments of the 4th quarter while Hollywood Russell sat and watched. LMAO

Yeah and we still lost...

Stop bro. You really look ridiculous.

L...just like all the other games DLo played in. 

You act like DLo makes a big difference LMFAO
Yeah those 2 and half weeks without him sure showed that we were winning without him

Last edited:
Oh well
Only positive play I remember Clarkson had with the ball in his hands was when he beat Kaminsky baseline for a layup. Otherwise, everything was catch and shoot. Unless it's in the open court, I don't trust Clarkson with the ball in his hands to make a read.
I agree
Should have been Lou or DLo instead

When Russell came out in the 3rd they were up 2.

The 15-0 run in the 3rd wasn't even on Russell
Switch on Kemba, Mozgov gets a good contest, forces Kemba to arc it higher.. He still makes it 2-0
Randle bad pass, leads to fast break 2 by Kemba (took 4 seconds)... 4-0
Nick misses a wide open shot from Russell.. Leads to Marv rebound, Batum 2.. 6-0
Russell give Randle a nice pocket pass, leading him to the basket... He blows the layup.. MKG rebound.. Kemba assist on Marv 3... 9-0
Lakers call timeout
Russell makes a ridiculous pass to Deng in the corner, he misses. Batum layup... 11-0
Nick now misses a 3 off a good Russell pass, Moz gets the Rebound... Nick misses again. MKG rebound, 8 seconds Kemba layup 13-0
Randle misses layup... Force Kemba to miss a 3, they get the rebound, and get 2nd chance points... 15-0

The Lakers were up 77-75 when Russell came out...
They were down 85-88 when Russell comes in.
The Lakers then go on a 9-0 run with Russell in like 1 minute 40 seconds since Russell comes in.
Randle kind of blows it over the last minute, quarter ends 96-94.

The next time Russell comes out... We were up 111-105

But from the point Russell came out in the 3rd, through the end of the game...

The Lakers outscored the Hornets 26-17 with Russell on the court.
When Russell wasn't on the court, the Hornets outscored the Lakers 25-10 with Russell not on the court

Last edited:
Like I understand leaving Ingram in on defense because he's 6'9, but there's no reason you leave him on the court and D'Lo on the bench on offense for that possession where Swaggy shot that three.

NOW you want to switch gears to me and Luke?
roll.gif

Why don't you go ask Luke that question. The fact that Luke just said Larry Nance "is probably our most intelligent player as far as making reads on the floor" lets you know why he took Russell out of the game.

Did you rewind the tape and watch the film? lol

NOW you want to switch gears to me and Luke? :rofl:

Why don't you go ask Luke that question. The fact that Luke just said Larry Nance "is probably our most intelligent player as far as making reads on the floor" lets you know why he took Russell out of the game.

Did you rewind the tape and watch the film? lol
I have faith in D'Lo, Larry and Lou to make the correct reads and passes. The rest of the team, not so much.

Switch on Kemba, Mozgov gets a good contest, forces Kemba to arc it higher.. He still makes it 2-0
Nick misses a wide open shot from Russell.. Leads to Marv rebound, Batum 2.. 6-0
Russell give Randle a nice pocket pass, leading him to the basket... He blows the layup.. MKG rebound.. Kemba assist on Marv 3... 9-0
Lakers call timeout
Russell makes a ridiculous pass to Deng in the corner, he misses. Batum layup... 11-0
Nick now misses a 3 off a good Russell pass, Moz gets the Rebound... Nick misses again. MKG rebound, 8 seconds Kemba layup 13-0
Randle misses layup... Force Kemba to miss a 3, they get the rebound, and get 2nd chance points... 15-0

The Lakers then go on a 9-0 run with Russell in like 1 minute 40 seconds since Russell comes in.

When Russell wasn't on the court, the Hornets outscored the Lakers 25-10 with Russell not on the court
Don't you come in here with your facts! Blame DLo for everything bruh!

/s

@SerenaWinters 2m2 minutes ago
(1/2): Luke said at the end of the game, guys were trying to make big plays themselves, rather than stick w/ team concept (on @SpectrumSN)

‏@SerenaWinters 30s30 seconds ago
2/2: Luke called loss a "learning experience,” of counting on teammates & trusting the system, especially when things get tough (on SPSN)

Hmmmmm.... I wonder why

Last edited:

Lakers call timeout

And do you remember what Russell did right around 4:25 left in the 4th quarter with the Lakers up by 6 that basically led to the Hornets getting jumpstarted on their run to finish the game? Or better yet, what Russell didn't do at around 4:25 left in the 4th quarter! And then followed by what Lou didn't do on the next possession that caused Luke to insert Nick and Jordan to replace the two guards.

Whiplash is a successful blog writer and knows what he's talking about. Y'all need to put some respek on his name

So, because Nance is the smartest player, that's why we take out DLo.....But everyone else stays in just fine? What the **** kinna logic is that? :lol:

I'm starting to feel bad for dude, think he really has whiplash. :lol:

@SerenaWinters 2m2 minutes ago
(1/2): Luke said at the end of the game, guys were trying to make big plays themselves, rather than stick w/ team concept (on @SpectrumSN)

‏@SerenaWinters 30s30 seconds ago
2/2: Luke called loss a "learning experience,” of counting on teammates & trusting the system, especially when things get tough (on SPSN)

Hmmmmm.... I wonder why
Yeah, go check out the film:

Russell at 4:25 in the 4th, Lakers up by 6 and Hollywood decides to play hero instead of milking the clock and get his offense in a rhythm.

Lou and Nick follow it up by doing their own brand of hero ball.

There's Russell the "leader" for you, setting the tone for the rest of his teammates who were probably thinking, "Well hell, if DLo wanna go 1-on-5 with 4 min left and we up by 6, I might as well do it too."

You can't take the two best decision makers off the floor. That's asking to lose a game. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom