**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

giphy.gif

I have a request Laker Fam. I'm on deployment right now and we can't get twitter on the ship.

If possible instead of posting links to tweets, can you guys screenshot them and post them as photos?

This is really the only way I get access to Laker news besides BSPN which makes their own stories.

Thanks guys.

9842e64e-06e0-4a1c-b5f5-c1b98c6d10fd.nba_1_1280x720.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently, Kyrie has narrowed it down to the Lakers or Nets. Reunion happening? :nerd:

Bill Plaschke: I'm hearing that if they whiff on free agency, and if they whiff on a trade, which I don't know how likely that is, but if that happens, they've got big trouble with LeBron. I mean the LeBron era could be over before it starts here.

Dave McMenamin: Everyone I speak to associated with LeBron, they are holding the rope for now, and all they can do is be positive because this is going to be a crucial five-week stretch. But on the other side of that, if it's July 10th in Los Angeles and it's Nic Vucevic [that the Lakers have had to settle for], or whomever does not meet the criterion of bringing in a star who can make them an immediate contender, you could only imagine where things could go.

Plaschke: I heard this for the first time yesterday, somebody very connected said 'You know what, if they whiff, LeBron's going to say either I'm out of here or get me out of here, or the Lakers just might as well just get him out of here.' So this is huge.

In other clown news, Lakers made Kidd the highest paid assistant coach in the league. They aren't even trying to hide the head coach in waiting.

And suddenly I'm ok with striking out on free agency and getting AD. Don't do it Pelinka!

We can't sign Anthony Davis next summer if we have Brandon Ingram at on a roster. That's also assuming he would want to come to a franchise with nothing but young players.

let's not pretend like AD isn't interested in other NBA teams as well, none of which have Lebron.
Obviously having Lebron helps our chances of landing a fellow Klutch player like AD, who admires Lebron. but there are also a bunch of "stars" who don't want to play in the shadow of an aging superstar on his last legs.

It will be an interesting offseason if we strike out. Let's hope for the best. Trade for AD and sign Jimmy or Kyrie

Reactions: MVP

MVP wants us to whiff in free agency, trade LeBron and just roll with the young core? Enjoy being a treadmill loterry team for the next 5 years. Why would any free agent want to sign with this franchise given our horrendous ownership and management situation? The only reason we even have a chance of getting any top guys is because of LeBron.

Guys, if you think it's bad now, if we strike out, you forget about anything else, the media, social media, etc will REIGN DOWN on us. It will be cataclysmic. I mean, bad.

Even if we sign a Jimmy Butler, with #4, hey, we have a chance to do "something" in the West. We're viable at least. If we whiff completely, they will go all in on our carcass. :lol:

There better be a miracle, or it's going to get real ugly. ESPN live shows from outside Staples, Magic sitting with them laughing, it'll be chaos.

MVP wants us to whiff in free agency, trade LeBron and just roll with the young core? Enjoy being a treadmill loterry team for the next 5 years. Why would any free agent want to sign with this franchise given our horrendous ownership and management situation? The only reason we even have a chance of getting any top guys is because of LeBron.

For the 100th time before all of this stuff about management came out and Magic quit and went on his press tour, we weren't in play for any of the top free agents WITH Lebron. He's just as much of a turnoff/deterrent for the top guys as the dysfunction is. That's the reality whether you choose to accept it or not.

Back
Top Bottom