**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Listening to the media and re watching the game...they actually didn't zone us...they just showed a strong double then backed out of it.

Cut the turnovers, better defense and have AD just give us his normal performance.

Hell Bron and AD combined for 40...normally they give us 55 to 60 plus.

Had they given us 55 yesterday we win...

Bam coming back is good for us. Means we won’t worry about Olynyk spacing the floor.

They need to make LeBron the screener. Force Butler to be the hedger and the split second LeBron is guarded by Robinson or Herro, take off and force one of those two to follow him.

At the end of the day screw offense. We scored 106 playing HORRIBLE

Just defend your *** off. Don’t allow butler to pick who he wants to punk. Hold them to 90 points. Don’t matter what you do on offense then

Haven’t been playing good defense last two games tbh
Only really seen that suffocating lakers defense in the first game

Haven’t been playing good defense last two games tbh
Only really seen that suffocating lakers defense in the first game
Coincidentally the game changed for us when Olynk was playing. His 3 point thread hurts us big time

I thought the game 3 loss vs denver was much worse given that the lakers won game 2 off a buzzer beater. Kinda felt like denver figured something out but it didnt matter.

Butler just got it going and sometimes those kind of momentum cant be stopped.

Just clean up the TOs and they good

Story goes Bron told Butler in the 1st qtr your in trouble...

As the game closed we know what Jimmy said...smh

It’s fine
Sometimes in the game you talk **** and it don’t work out for you :lol:
All those guys engage in banter here and there. We all know Bean and MJ sure did lol. Bron did it and this time he just got the short end of the stick and got his *** some humble pie. Next time if he does it he better execute lol

tyler Herro the bulletin board material tho not Jimmy :lol:

Bron just going to have to man up and take Jimmy for spurts like he did Murray can't let him get off again scoring AND playmaking like he's been so far. They don't really call fouls on him anyway so he can be more physical with him and get away with stuff that the other guys wouldn't.

I’ve seen this novela before.....

F9B85621-8AD2-407D-B423-96305B074026.jpeg

Down the stretch and throughout the game though he was switching off way too easily on him.
Yeah last few times dont wasn’t sure what his thought process was
I mean they were using switches with Robinson and Herro but he could have told the team he got it like Murray
Or was he worried about foul trouble?? Cuz Jimmy was getting some D Whistle calls :lol:

He had 2 fouls. At least down the stretch there was no excuse for him just willingly passing Buckets off to other guys.

Random thoughts:

It was an odd game for sure, but the Lakers have been consistent enough this playoff run (especially after a loss) where I feel confident they will handle their business in game 4. Butler did a great Lebron impersonation...switch hunting and attacking the mismatch. Pretty weird that LA made no adjustments to their coverage and allowed him to do this over and over down the stretch.

People have been saying AD might be the best player in the league...not here to agree or disagree with that right now...but the great ones always respond, so I'm looking forward to seeing if he's up for the challenge. Don't expect for Lebron to turn the ball over as much as he did, or to not accept the challenge of guarding Jimmy.

All I know is we better win tomorrow. With the 2 days off between games 3 and 4 I’m not sure I can handle the down time after a loss

Back
Top Bottom