**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

They should be able to get away with playing Wenyen vs the Grizz backups. Tillman, Aldama aren't eating at the rim like that.

They should be able to get away with playing Wenyen vs the Grizz backups. Tillman, Aldama aren't eating at the rim like that.

True.

Mo is the better player though, and Mo being a big body will force them from playing inside out with JJJ if AD isn’t on the floor.

Grizzlies remind me of the T’Wolves to be honest.
Reid & Gobert out = Clarke & Adams out.

We didn’t take advantage enough of AD tonight. We need to do a better job going forward.

*sidenote: KAT had Dennis or Reaves on him on multiple possessions for the final 17 and his teammates couldn’t get him the ball. Great defensive effort by us but I would’ve been hella angry if I was a wolves fan

I’m not a bamba fan at all, rather roll with wenyen or Bron small 5 lineups.

Minny is a pain to play against. Even without McDaniels and Gobert they’re rangy and get a ton of deflections, just really hard to get good interior looks.

Don’t think we’ll struggle as much against Memphis.

Ham switched up the defense in the 2nd half, switching a lot more. Wanna see way more of that maybe even to start games cuz our base defense of giving teams open 3s drives me crazy.

Wonder if they think about going with Dennis and Rui as starters this series. No real wing to worry about so Vando isn’t really needed with the starters.

Player with the most fouls per game…. Jaren Jackson Jr.

Same rules apply. Attack attack attack.

Played 12 games in the playoffs last year and had 53 fouls.

Grizzlies remind me of the T’Wolves to be honest.
Reid & Gobert out = Clarke & Adams out.

We didn’t take advantage enough of AD tonight. We need to do a better job going forward.

*sidenote: KAT had Dennis or Reaves on him on multiple possessions for the final 17 and his teammates couldn’t get him the ball. Great defensive effort by us but I would’ve been hella angry if I was a wolves fan
I feel like Minny is way more annoying to play against, Slo mo gets his hands on everything. Besides JJJ and brooks I feel like everyone else is food , especially if they start kennard.

I don’t think scoring will be an issue, I’m worried about we defend the 3 and if we stay in a drop against Ja and let him kill us with floaters.

zo2moegmwfta1.jpg

THE GOOD from Grizz perspective

- Grizz at home are another level. I’ll be in the house GM 2 :nerd:

- Our offense has drastically improved since 3/1 after missing Adams A LOT prior to that— Luke/Bane with Trip’s progression have changed the path for this season (makes me feel like a deeper run is there)

- Jaren is the X factor. Fouls aren’t really an issue for him anymore and he’s just a lot more assertive in games. He will be the difference in the Grizz dominating this series or lose

- Tillman has been underrated post Kennard acquisitions. Knowing Jenkins, he’s starting Tillman with Jaren instead of The Ja/Bane/Luke/DB/Trip lineup. Tyus has been great with Tillman + Trip.

- Downhill Des is a real thing and he’s transformed his game into being a 3 level scorer. I really just don’t think LAL has enough defensively for these guys

THE BAD
- It’s Bron and AD — at the end of the day, DB will have to watch himself. Bron will bait and I think Bron may get the best of him more times than not (Refs + DB’s reputation will enhance it :lol:) . Tillman most likely starts on AD and Grizz will play Trip as the helper + defend him in key moments. Jaren appears to have grown up, but big games either bring the best or the worst out of him.

- Grizz were something like 31-0 when having a double digit lead in games. Since then, they’ve lost around 8 or so games like that. This series should have plenty of blown leads (probably both sides)

- Lakers shooting — Grizz have a tendency of leaving guys open on purpose and they’ve had a lot of bad luck when it comes to shooting splits (especially on the road). Guys like Reaves, DLo, Dennis, Malik, etc will probably have 1-2 big *** games that get LAL the W.

Mane, I just want my team to finally get to the promise land. F LAL, but good luck at the same time :lol:

Grizz in six

Last edited:
I can't stand the fact we don't have any other bigs on the court except for AD.

Lakers aint winning jack this way. I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt it. AD as the ONLY center on the team is NOT gonna get us #18. Guaranteed.

I can't stand the fact we don't have any other bigs on the court except for AD.

Lakers aint winning jack this way. I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt it. AD as the ONLY center on the team is NOT gonna get us #18. Guaranteed.

It’s ok we have Rui to guard KAT and other bigs LOL. Ham smh

That game last night was the epitome of the Lakers season... start off sluggish, can't hit wide open shots to save our life, a bunch of careless turnovers & go down big. Come back furiously and get back in the game, only to allow the team to go on a quick 8-12 point run (with No timeouts). AD/Bron become dominant while our defense completely locks up & gets us back in the game.

From there they are either gonna find a ridiculous way to blow the game (See AD 3 pt foul play) or you sitting there after they win proud of how tough the team is :lol:

This is easily the most panic inducing team i remember watching In my lifetime, but i like em & interested to see what they can do. Get this rest, stay healthy & i like the chances against Memphis.

Player with the most fouls per game…. Jaren Jackson Jr.

Same rules apply. Attack attack attack.

Played 12 games in the playoffs last year and had 53 fouls.

Can't wait until memphis fans start bringing up that Lakers FT discrepancy chart & acting as if that's the reason JJJ is in foul trouble :lol:. They get him out of the game & L.A should be able to dominate. Only thing with the Grizzlies is that they can get hot from three & this team consistently gives up wide open threes :smh:

Benefit tho is that as athletic & quick as Ja is, he's small and isn't an excellent Shooter, so a combo of Vando/Dennis/Reaves compacted with AD/Bron at the rim should hold him in check

Back
Top Bottom