**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If the idea is to trade on of Rui or DLO in the middle of the season, here's all the guys from $13mil - $24 or so mil

Tyus Jones - $14mil
Kevin Porter Jr. - $15.86mil
Markelle Fultz - $17mil
Collin Sexton - $17.325mil
Dejounte Murray - $18.214mil
Derrick White - $18.357mil
Marcus Smart - $18.833mil
Spencer Dinwiddie - $20.357mil
Lonzo Ball - $20.465mil
Malcolm Brogdon -$22.5mil
Terry Rozier - $23.205mil

Gary Harris - $13mil
Anthony Edwards - $13.534mil
Jordan Clarkson - $14.260mil
Max Stress - $14.651mil
KCP - $14.704mil
Luke Kennard - $14.763mil
Luguentz Dort - $15.277mil
Caris LeVert - $15.384mil
Kevin Huerter - $15.669mil
Tim Hardaway Jr. - $17.897mil
Norman Powell - $18mil
Gary Trent Jr. - $18.560mil
Bogdan Bogdanovic - $18.7mil
Evan Fournier - $18.857mil
Buddy Hield - $19.279mil
Joe Harris - $19.928mil
Bruce Brown - $21.951mil
RJ Barrett - $23.883mil
Anfernee Simons - $24.107

Doug McDermott - $13.750mil
Marcus Morris - $17.116mil
Duncan Robinson - $18.154mil
OG Anunoby - $18.642mil
Keldon Johnson - $20mil
Bojan Bogdanovic - $20mil
De'Andre Hunter - $20.089mil
Mikal Bridges - $21.70mil
Cam Johnson - $24.107mil

DFS - $13.930mil
Harrison Barnes - $17mil
Davis Bertans - $17mil
Lauri Markkanen - $17.259mil
Jonathan Isaac - $17.40mil
Domantas Sabonis - $22mil
Aaron Gordon - $22.266mil
Draymond & Kuz are around $23-24mil if their deals are not flat rate.

Wendell Carter Jr. - $13mil
Jonas Valanciunas - $15.435mil
Mitchell Robinson - $15.681mil
Jusuf Nurkic - $16.875mil
Jakob Poeltel - $17-19mil?
Nikola Vucevic - $18.518mil
Jarrett Allen - $20mil
Clint Capela - $20.616mil
Myles Turner - $20.975mil

I'd say of the 55 or so guys in that salary range, 45 either aren't available/are worse fits/ worse players/do nothing in comparison to DLo and Rui.

Wait, where are we getting the idea that their idea is to trade off Rui? He's a keeper.

Rui, DLo and Reaves :

68F9AB2B-121E-4FC6-B44E-B775146414A0.gif

Wait, where aee we getting the idea that their idea is to trade off Rui? He's a keeper.

Different salary bracket now than he was before.

Always leads to upping the possibility.

It's harder to trade someone of Rui's ability at $6mil than it is $17mil because you are limited to either end of the bench guys or disappointing high draft picks.
$17mil gets you to a different talent bracket
(For example, Rui for Dejounte Murray straight up works. Would you trade Rui for Cameron Payne)?

I thought it was a good sign that Reaves wasn't in the news yesterday
I think the lillar trade request lead SAS to basically say “hey we will accept your salaries with draft capital” so no room for Reeves

Also - paying Reaves 39 mill in 2 years isn’t to be taken lightly lol.

Roster makes sense.

That’s all we’ve asked for last two summers.

Last two summers we had 19 guards. 19 guards that play 0 defense.

I can say I love this lineup

I would guess some team ended up talking to him about a higher offer (Max Stress equivalent deal), but not in the number that made a difference. (The $90mil total that was kicked around since April)
Because if nobody offered more than 4/$56mil, that's just dumb even if he's a RFA

Reactions: DLF
I would guess some team ended up talking to him about a higher offer (Max Stress equivalent deal), but not in the number that made a difference. (The $90mil total that was kicked around since April)
Because if nobody offered more than 4/$56mil, that's just dumb even if he's a RFA
I think it would be more dumber to tie up a big chunk of cap space wasting your time when the lakers are just going to match anyway… RFA in a nutshell basically. The Spurs will probably just use their money to take on some bad contract and pick up draft assets in the process.

And hey, it’s still a great deal for an undrafted player…happy for Austin. He gets a raise, 4 years guaranteed and the opportunity to reup in 3 years if he continues to play well. We were both wrong on the contract btw 😂

Of the teams that would call themselves a contender in the West:

Nuggets
Grizzles
Kings
Suns
Clippers
Warriors
Lakers
Wolves
Pelicans
Mavs

Suns, Lakers, Mavs only teams that improved up to this point?
Mavs improvement was having a great draft night. Seth Curry does very little for them.
Suns are super top heavy, but will get a great seed if healthy just by scoring by committee.
Lakers added a ton of depth

Grizzles about the same

Everybody else, kind of worse

I think it would be more dumber to tie up a big chunk of cap space wasting your time when the lakers are just going to match anyway… RFA in a nutshell basically. The Spurs will probably just use their money to take on some bad contract and pick up draft assets in the process.

And hey, it’s still a great deal for an undrafted player…happy for Austin. He gets a raise, 4 years guaranteed and the opportunity to reup in 3 years if he continues to play well. We were both wrong on the contract btw 😂

Both of us big wrong.

I’m just curious if someone like Houston or San Antonio or elsewhere said “ we’ll offer you 4 year $65mil” and he just declined it. because the dollar amount ends up insignificant over 4years.
(Wish there was a tv show of every team going through FA because I’d love to hear those convos)

Back
Top Bottom