**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Screenshot_20240115-224620~2.png

Visual proof.

He gets moved "full time" into the starting lineup and they won 9 of first 10 and 10 of 12. This divided the locker room did it?

That first loss was a back to back vs Sac.

With all due respect......this is going to hurt you.....

The LA Lakers won 9 of the first 10 games they played once he moved into the starting lineup.

AFTER the IST they started losing a lot. Ya know, when they completely stopped trying hard to win December games.

Do YOU chalk that up to Cam Reddish starting? :nerd:

(Remember, after they just won 9 of 10 with him starting) And that doesn't include games he missed to injury. Just his starts after being moved into the starting lineup.
So you sayin him starting divided the locker room.......after they won 9 of 10 of his starts? :nerd:
I wrote a longer response but NT messed that up.. I'll type you a summary.

Bro you're stuck on the fact that you think I meant CAM starting alone is the reason for division. I said, to clarify again, the constant LINEUP change, then subsequently sticking with ineffective "defensive" staring lineups the put us in a hole to start games, upsetting key returning players - AR, Rui, Dlo - who all have at some point complained about their roles and minute this season. That's what caused the division in locker room. And I pointed out the biggest issue I had personally which was keep Cam playing throughout his struggles.

Team is night & day on defense when Lebron is actually engaged, that's the issue with having to play a 39 yr old 35+ minutes AND trying to make him run the offense

I am not impressed with last night's win

Ham is still Ham.

This team still gives up way too many second chance points cause they don't have anyone who is a natural rebounder aside from AD.

Moves still need to be made to acquire a Big Man and a defensive guard or two who can make wide open threes.

This Lakers team is far from being a title contender.

Yeah...

Its amazing how last night they were pretty bad on wide open 3's, but the Griz come in a week ago and Smart (who had been terrible) went like 6 for 6 on 3's.

Make or miss but we can't keep leaving these guys wide open.

It happens entirely too much. Same with offensive rebounds.

Yeah...

Its amazing how last night they were pretty bad on wide open 3's, but the Griz come in a week ago and Smart (who had been terrible) went like 6 for 6 on 3's.

Make or miss but we can't keep leaving these guys wide open.

It happens entirely too much. Same with offensive rebounds.
Feels like last night there a lot of offensive rebounds and then kick outs to wide open shooters... because LA had 4 or 5 guys crashing. Gotta secure that initial board

Process =/= results. It's that Bucks strategy of just leaving teams wide *** open from 3, it's not really a good one.
It's not really leaving guys wide open, and it varies by teams or players but in general I think they just prefer sagging off non-shooters ... which a lot of teams do, like when they play against the Lakers.

Just leaving teams wide open from 3 = leaving snipers open too, and that's definitely not what's happening.

Memphis as a collective shot crazy good above their average, Bradley Beal goes for 8 3 pointers on 67% shooting vs Lakers for season high, but when the variance is in our favor the box score watchers ready to paint a different picture

The good defense was in regards to keeping Shai to 24 pts on 47%(averaging 31+ pts on 55% FG), different coverages, good help defense, forced him to bobble several dribbles, several steals in the passing lanes from the team, and AD defending the paint.

Some crazy no-calls on AD/Bron dunks late game

Memphis as a collective shot crazy good above their average, Bradley Beal goes for 8 3 pointers on 67% shooting vs Lakers for season high, but when the variance is in our favor the box score watchers ready to paint a different picture

The good defense was in regards to keeping Shai to 24 pts on 47%(averaging 31+ pts on 55% FG), different coverages, good help defense, forced him to bobble several dribbles, several steals in the passing lanes from the team, and AD defending the paint.

Some crazy no-calls on AD/Bron dunks late game

I would also say Shai did not seem like his normal self....I have been watch his games lately (damn prize picks got me hooked lol) and he wasn't doing what I have seen him do the past 10 games.

We played a part of that but maybe that knee that almost kept him out of the game played a role as well.

If we can come out and beat Dallas...that will show me something.

Luka is questionable but has been out the past 3 games. Per usual folks love to come back vs us and its a prime time game which we never seem to do well in.

I would also say Shai did not seem like his normal self....I have been watch his games lately (damn prize picks got me hooked lol) and he wasn't doing what I have seen him do the past 10 games
Can't remember if it was a foot or ankle but Shai was a game time decision due to some type of injury.

But if you're healthy enough to play no excuses..

I don’t really care who plays or who starts, who plays in what group to be “optimized” at the end of the day it’s basketball. If you’re on the floor, do your damn job… on both ends.

If I was Ham I’d settle on my 9 guys that are going to play every night, regardless of a bad shooting performance or whatever and just roll with that.

AD, Lebron, DLo, Austin and whatever other 5 you believe in the most. Maybe it’s Vando, Rui, Prince, Wood and Max or Cam if/when Gabe returns.

Been thinking about the idea of trading the 2029 or 2030 pick. I wonder if the Lakers can trade the 2029 pick to a team with multiple picks in the upcoming years, then parlay those picks for Player X (hell maybe even save one for themselves). That might be more amendable to other GMs instead of waiting until 2029.

For instance, the Thunder have more picks than roster spots in the coming years. Would they be interested in the 2029 pick for say, three picks in the the upcoming two years? They have so many picks and young guys, that they can afford to kick the can a few years when their stars are going to be super expensive. datznasty datznasty

okc.png

My thing is this...if we are going to sag off the bad shooters...we have to get the boards and that's what we aren't doing.

It’s why I’m not enamored with TP.

The idea is sag off the shooters and help inside and funnel to AD. The weak shooters get the shot. A win some, lose some strategy.

But with rebounding it’s one thing to have guards who don’t rebound. But TP is actually worse than DLo and Cam who don’t rebound well because they’re not playing inside or crashing.

TP’s lack of rebounding has consequences if Bron isn’t engaged in rebounding for a night. Often why there’s games where we match the team in almost every category and end up losing by 10 because we’re not rebounding well. Especially outside of AD

TP is a great player at 17-22 minutes, off the bench. Not as the POA defender and filling in every hole that the other 4 starters have. He’s never been that ever.

Screenshot_20231128_233252_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240116_160727_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_160740_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_160901_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_160946_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_161007_Chrome.jpg

Better get AD some big man help otherwise we already know the deal.

There's a reason West and Buss acquired Mychal Thompson in '86-87 to help Kareem, knowing that Rambis, Green, and Big Game were a bunch of 6'9" forwards who weren't big enough to handle the Walton's, Parish's, Olajuwon's, Sampson's, Ewing's, Eaton's, and Duckworth's of the world.

Folks need to realize that even in today's game, one big in a rotation isn't going to get it done.

What applied in the 80s, still applies today. Big time

Who besides AD does what Thompson did in that clip?

Back
Top Bottom