Laker Haters & Kobe Haters Call To Arms! (The Haters Unification Thread)

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I dont hate the Lakers...I just hate their bandwagon celebrity fans, homer a.ss Kobe *$*# riders and Kobe's personality.

That being said, Lakers are the 08/09 NBA champs.
You of all people hating any type of bandwagon fans.....are you kidding?

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Spurs are still the best
pimp.gif
Since when? two years ago?

Couldn't even get past the Mavs..
laugh.gif

eec35f9cbdf4adb81b635da99d32bab40996c94_t.png
roll.gif

This dude really believes the Spurs > Lakers?
alien.gif
... Bring that to theteam of the decade thread...

This thread is strictly for the haters
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
... Championships feel that much better when the world is praying, hoping, andwishing your team doesn't win.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Be23ForLife

the magic choked twice...series could easily been magic 3-1
frown.gif

even if LA wins, kobe is still not touching MJ...
--It can also be 2-2. It can also be 4-0 L.A. Yup I said it. But enough of that, its 3-1.
--No one touchin MJ. So what? I will say this..in terms of career, greatness, impact on the game MJ > Kobe. But in terms of raw skill with abasketball...Kobe > MJ.
--We need this hate. Yin and Yang homies. Hate threads must exist. Good thread.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I dont hate the Lakers...I just hate their bandwagon celebrity fans, homer a.ss Kobe *$*# riders and Kobe's personality.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Spurs are still the best
pimp.gif
Since when? two years ago?

Couldn't even get past the Mavs..
laugh.gif

eec35f9cbdf4adb81b635da99d32bab40996c94_t.png
roll.gif

This dude really believes the Spurs > Lakers?
alien.gif
... Bring that to the team of the decade thread...

This thread is strictly for the haters
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
... Championships feel that much better when the world is praying, hoping, and wishing your team doesn't win.

pimp.gif
its true spurs>>>lakers...
pimp.gif

look in that thread people saying they are better even if the lakers win it all....
pimp.gif

How Ironic
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NY KNICKS 2010?? LEBRON AND BOSH???
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But why bring up the one person who everyone compares him too?...
just let kobe do kobe..
Spurs are still the best
pimp.gif
roll.gif
I'm done reading this thread. I'll check it afterthe W...

d853554de761ba4874719690baffd197d782498.gif

ae3157efb67890b93eb82f8133d70f4e4a1f17c.pjpg

[size=+1]T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
[/size] [size=+1]BANWAGON TRIAL MEMBERSHIP[/size]
[size=+1]LeBron and Bosh in 2010

[/size]

Ok....

As a coach, yes, Phil does have more championships. But does that mean he's a better coach? No. Red has 9 rings as a coach but ALSO as general manager and team president of the Celtics he won 7 additional NBA titles which brings him to 16. Sure, Phil has one more championship than Red as a coach (two more soon) but in my opinion Red Auerbach is a far better teacher of the game AND he contributed to the Celtics long after he left the head coaching post.

Phil Jackson has received the blessing of coaching a player that is considered the consensus "Best NBA Player of All-Time" and also a player (Kobe) that has been compared and contrasted to Michael ever since he's won three rings and on his way to four. ALSO...Phil was able to coach a player that many people consider the "Most Dominant Basketball Player of All-Time" (Shaquille O'Neal).

Phil Jackson inherited the Chicago Bulls team he won six championships with, and again the Lakers team where he has won three championships thus far. He had no part in assembling the rosters, that job was handled by the GMs. A large part of Red Auerbach's genius was the way he assembled the Celtics roster in order to win as many championships as they did. He put together many trades or drafted every notable player the Celtics had during their championship years through 1984. His trades include obtaining the draft rights to Bill Russell in exchange for Ed Macauley and Cliff Hagan and acquiring Robert Parish and the draft rights to Kevin McHale for the draft rights to Joe Barry Carroll and Rickey Brown.

Overall...I think Red Auerbach is a better COACH than Phil Jackson and also he's contributed so much to the Celtics even after he left his HC position.

I'd like to hear Laker fans (Mamba MVP in particular) thoughts...

http://angrycelticsfans.com/Auerbach.jpg src="http://angrycelticsfans.com/Auerbach.jpg">

THE GOAT
84d367a318ed881d5682eede4be2b6d8c45e6304.gif

TOOOOOOO much is made of Red Auerbach's 9 rings as a coach. When he started coaching in the NBA, there were only eight teams. When he retired as a coach,there were 9 teams. Out of those 9 championships, he beat the Lakers in the championship six times. The competition level in the league was nowhere close towhere it is today(players on teams had other jobs), thats why the same teams met in the championship every year. So basically all he had to do was beat theLakers every year, and the title was his. The Celtics clearly had the better team filled with a Hall of Fame roster. Hence the 9 titles.

Now people always attempt to discredit Phil Jackson's titles because he inherited good teams. There were a lot of "good" teams in the early90's when Phil took over the Bulls. It was Phil that made that made that Bulls team great. Everyone is quick to say "Oh he had Mike." While Mikedefinitely deserves credit, he was in the league for 7 years... and was 29 years old when phil took over. Shouldn't he have figured it out and won achampionship by then? Phil deserves credit for going in and helping mold Mike and that team into what they became. He also took the Bulls through the Bad BoyPiston's teams, good Knick teams, tough Blazers and Sun's teams, as well as good Jazz teams. He didn't just have the task of beating one good teamlike Red did. Now if you don't want to give any credit to Phil for the Bull's success, he came back and did it again with the Lakers. Again he hadstar's like Shaq and Kobe, but they had there chances before Phil. It was Phil's coaching and "zen" that pulled everything together and madeeverything work. Also, they were beating GREAT Spurs teams, as well good Kings and Blazers teams. Then there was the argument, "well Phil can't builda team from the bottom." So after the Lakers dynasty was over, he came back and accepted the challenge of taking the Lakers back to the top. And thatbrings us to today, where he took a team from a rebuilding process to one win away from the title. Now the new arguement will be... "he has Kobe."Well if Kobe is being considered the only reason Phil obtains this title, wouldn't that put Kobe on Mike's level??? I know Kobe haters wouldhaaaaaaaate to hear that.

So with all that being said...
rje9gg.jpg

Phil Jackson>Red Auerbach

This is my new favorite thread on NT. Love this joint.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
At Doo doo still sayin the Spurs are the best of the decade eventhough they ain't touchin ANYTHING that the Lakers did this decade.
roll.gif

Phil is better then Red because Red simply beat up on the same 6 teams every year, Phil runs thru 30 every year. BIG difference. (and for the all the talk ofPhil with best players, didn't them Celtic teams put like every player on the roster in the hall of fame? How many Phil gonna have, 4? Maybe 5 withRodman if he gets in. Come on.

Iron still mad about heart for no reason. So it wasn't heart for the Lakers to lose game 1 vs Houston on their home floor, but come right back and win thenext 2, including getting game 3 in Houston? Thas not heart? Sure, they had a mental let down after the Yao injury and let game 4 get away from them. Howdid they respond? A heart felt 40 point win no? And then Houston played with just as much heart in getting their final home game of the year. Other teamshave heart too man, don't let your hate blind you, I don't.
Point blank, we been called soft all damn year. Ever since the finals last year. SOFT. But yet, Utah is "tougher" then us, we sent them packing. Houston is "tougher" then us, we beat them too. Denver is much "tougher" then us, how is their summer goin right now? And now Orlando hasthe most physical big man in the game goin against us, we doin alright aren't we?
nerd.gif

So again, this SOFT team is about dispatch it's 4th straight "tougher" team, and that's not "heart"?
grin.gif
What the hell is heart then, I'd like to see it.

Can we get a temporary ban lift for Zo? Maybe dust off one of his 13 SN's? I'd love to see him committ E suicide here on NT when he sees Kobe lift acouple trophies sometime this week. Ya'll know that would be comedy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

TOOOOOOO much is made of Red Auerbach's 9 rings as a coach. When he started coaching in the NBA, there were only eight teams. When he retired as a coach, there were 9 teams. Out of those 9 championships, he beat the Lakers in the championship six times. The competition level in the league was nowhere close to where it is today(players on teams had other jobs), thats why the same teams met in the championship every year. So basically all he had to do was beat the Lakers every year, and the title was his. The Celtics clearly had the better team filled with a Hall of Fame roster. Hence the 9 titles.

Thank goodness someone brought this up.

Originally Posted by CP1708

This is my new favorite thread on NT. Love this joint.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
At Doo doo still sayin the Spurs are the best of the decade even though they ain't touchin ANYTHING that the Lakers did this decade.
roll.gif
I love this thread to
pimp.gif

I never knew there were so many "Laker fans" on NT
nerd.gif

Kobe is a great talent but wat is with his attitude lately that everytime he gos to the basket and misses or is block or misses a jumpshot it must be a foul.

I cant believe how many times during a game this guy barks at the refs for absolutely no reason other than good defence or he was off.

Yes Michael got superstar whistles we all know that but I dont remember him scowling at officials and barking every single time somthing went wrong.

He also gets away with all the contact he wants to give on defence because hes Kobe Bryant in game 4 he must of fouled Rashard Lewis 6 or 7 times on 1defensive posesion in conjunction with how the refs were calling fouls that night and yet he wasnt whistled at all.

Kobes a great player along with Lebron but both let themselves down at times when things go wrong yes there human I know but respect is earned and should begiven back equally and lately that just isnt the case.

Kobe your the best player in the League ya in the Finals almost with ya 4th ring and another MVP award cut the crap out n just play quit acting like your harddone by when it couldn't be further from the truth.

Peace
Scottie

Its tough to say which team has been better.

Lakers have 3 titles close to fourth in 6 tries.
Spurs have 4 titles in 4 tries.

To me this means that the Spurs have been more consistent as the Lakers were irrelevant for a couple years BUT theLakers have been better that the Spurs 6/10 times with hopefully a tie in ships. Also the Lakers have beaten the Spurs in the playoffs in 4/5 meetings. IMOthis makes Lakers > Spurs but im a Laker fan so I know this wont be taken seriously.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jtwo8ight

Its tough to say which team has been better.

Lakers have 3 titles close to fourth in 6 tries.
Spurs have 4 3titles in 4 3 tries

To me this means that the Spurs have been more consistent as the Lakers were irrelevant for a couple years BUT the Lakers have been better that the Spurs 6/10 times with hopefully a tie in ships. Also the Lakers have beaten the Spurs in the playoffs in 4/5 meetings. IMO this makes Lakers > Spurs but im a Laker fan so I know this wont be taken seriously.
roll.gif
The Spurs other one was in 99.
wink.gif

4 > 3 THIS decade
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom