Lakers at Rockets Game 6 Thread 5/14 6:30 pm Vol No Heart

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Ah well, goodnight.

I expect the Haters to drop all their words tonight, simply because the Lakers lost.
Lakers fan should be ABSOLUTELY embarrassed by this performance from your team. Think about it. Y'all should be ripping your OWN team with this type of performance. This team is playing without their two BEST players. I give Houston a lot of credit for playing hard, but there is no excuse that this Rockets team should be taking this Laker team to a game 7.
I wouldn't worry about a team that needs 7 games to take a series. Pretty sure Celtics pulled it off last season when they had to play all 7games in each of their eastern conference series.

pimp.gif

sick.gif

just what i didn't wanna see, the lakers in a game 7. it will be unpredictable.

i can't be the only one nervous about it. i just hope everyone, including the crowd, come into the game with intensity.

one of our star players has been out all season. we need guys with heart like you on the squad.

ronny-turiaf.jpg

let's get though G7 @ Staples
pimp.gif
prays for Joey crawford too.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

pimp.gif
Let's get it!

I still don't understand how the Lakers let a team win who doesn't have their 2 star players. If I'm a Laker fan, I'm shocked/disappointed.

you realize that if they had their 2 star players they wouldnt have made it past the 1st round?

funny how when the rockets dont have mcgrady, they finally get past the 1st round

then they lose yao and all of a sudden they have a chance at beating the lakers

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Wake up call number 3?
Rockets take game seven. Bout that.

No studying for Finals tonight?
Im actually done kid. Hello summer.

Nice, so see you Sunday
pimp.gif
Touche! I want a great game. Good luck to your lakers. I hope your team has that fire.

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

its getting quite comical how phil stubbornly throws fisher out there with him being such an obvious liability
Phil doesn't want to mess with Fisher's head by taking him out early or not starting him.

Fish should pull Phil aside next practice and suggest he start Farmar.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by vcshoxj6

Kobe needs people who are consistent. His cast feels like showing up when they want to.
word.

Kobe and Odom were the only ones that played tough from start to finish. (and since Odom just had a solid game, he will probably suck next game.)

outside of those guys, what other consistent, tough players do the Lakers have?

Gasol - backs down whenever his opponent goes at him aggressively.
Ariza - solid defender, has really become a solid spot up shooter. however, he is not an aggressive offensive player.
Fisher - pathetic defender, can't make a shot to save his life. Fisher has been holding LA back throughout the entire playoffs.. they are far worse when he is on the floor.
Farmar - inconsistent
Brown - inconsistent
Walton -
indifferent.gif
he adds nothing positive whatsoever to the Lakers. you wonder why a team aspiring to win a championship has a player like Luke Walton on the roster. that's a roster spot that could be taken up by a tough hustle player like a Carl Landry. instead, it goes to a bum.
Sasha - again, why is a guy like this getting minutes on a "championship-level" squad?

LA won't win the championship this year, and if they ever want to get back they need to retool their roster with consistent, tough, hustle players.
oh, and i forgot to even mention that soft !$$ bum Bynum, because he has basically been invisible since the playoffs started.

hey Bynum, way to score a point today... oh wait
alien.gif

What a great performance by my team. What else can be said about them? They have so much heart and they refuse to lay down. I'm glad they beat the Lakerstonight because I sure as hell
was tired of hearing how the Lakers need to put this away and get ready for the Nuggets. Ignorant national media
smh.gif
. Now it's anyone's series. Some will say there's no way the Lakers willlose in game 7 but how much confidence do the Lakers fans really have in their team at this point? There has to be some doubt.When this series first startedeveryone but Rockets fans were calling for a sweep or quick series. But as this series has gone on it is very evident that the Lakers have some seriousproblems. Their pick and roll d is horrible. They can't contain AB or Lowry at all. They're soooo soft, when you have AB bodying you, that's aproblem. Carl Mandry taking rebounds from you! Their arrogance is another problem, just because you supposedly have all the talent in the world( Talent whichis extremly overrated) doesn't mean you're entitled to anything, the Rockets aren't going to lay down just because you think you're better thanthem. I had full confidence that the Rockets would win tonight and game 7 is anyone's game.
Scola, Landry, and AB were just
pimp.gif

Wake up call number 3?

Nice, so see you Sunday
pimp.gif
Touche! I want a great game. Good luck to your lakers. I hope your team has that fire.
Thanks, same here.

Fire and Lakers don't mix
laugh.gif

Offense and Offense, with no Defense, now that fits.

Wake up call number 3?

Nice, so see you Sunday
pimp.gif
can we borrow some

Lakers usually respond very well when they have their backs against the wall, they're at home, but now both teams have 2 days off, as opposed to the one,where it's been a game every other day. This bodes well for the Rockets as they have a shorter rotation, and everybody playing big minutes (Brooks + Shaneall of the 4th)

Best of one series now. Nothing that's happened before matters anymore.

Anything can happen. Could be a blowout like game 6, a blowout like what happened in Dallas years ago where they got rocked for 40 or who knows, they mightjust will their way to victory..

I can only pray.

Originally Posted by travman24

Aaron Brooks has been lookin like a top 5 PG vs Lakers
This holds true no matter who we play......always been this way (with fisher as the starting point)

Back
Top Bottom