Lakers at Rockets Game 6 Thread 5/14 6:30 pm Vol No Heart

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

david stern= palpatine
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Unbelievable that the Rockets pushed this to a game 7. Without T-Mac (but with Yao), I thought that the Lakers would take this thing in 6. WITHOUT T-Mac and Yao, yet the Rockets still manage a game 7? No one could've predicted that. I wonder if the Rockets would've been able to beat the Lakers in 5 or 6 games if they had T-Mac and Yao 100% healthy.

Anyways, Lakers will easily win game 7 at home.

I thought that the Lakers would easily cruise to the finals since the start of the season however it now looks like the well-rested Nuggets will be the favorites to come out of the West.
Tmac healthy, as in, just playing solid ball. Or tmac healthy like orlando days?
Cause tmac healthy back in orlando days and yao ming balling at his best is a championship caliber team.
Call me crazy. But if those two were balling healthy, the west woulda been a whole different.
Not to add to the fact you still got
Brooks,Tmac,Battier/Artest,Scola,Yao
all heatlhy..
God...I can only wish.
Not only that
you got Lowry, Battier/Artest,Landry,Wafer,Mutombo coming off the bench.

But one can only dream.....
if tmac was playing just like last yr when he put up 27, 8, 7 on the jazz and yao playing like he has been, the rockets might have gotten thisseries in 5 or 6. and they would have swept the blazers.

ur basically seeing a group of hard-working but skilled role players who want to play D playing toe to toe with the best west team in the reg. season. and thisis no fluke. the lakers did come back in the 3rd but just never got the lead.

the rockets have a problem with their stars. since they're never healthy, you need to do something with them while you have a great group of role players.trade them for other stars who will stay healthy or manage their time so they can stay healthy for the playoffs.

the rockets ARE a championship caliber team when healthy. too bad they never are.
mad.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I am a huge Laker fan, sorry to say this guys but we aren't winning it all this year.

Not playing like that.

Kobe looked too much for his own shot, got away from the post and Pau. It's not a coincidence that we came back when Kobe was on the bench! Seems to be how it has been going this season.

Kobe has been off and on, PLAY THE DAMN TRIANGLE FOR GOD SAKE! KOBE SHUT UP, PLAY THE DAMN GAME, GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR %!@ AND PLAY LIKE YOU ARE CAPABLE OF PLAYING. STOP THE STUPID TURNOVERS, AND THEN ACT LIKE IT'S PAU'S FAULT, IT'S NOT IT'S YOURS YOU IDIOT! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF DEFENDING KOBE, PLAY WORTH A DAMN AND MAYBE I WILL.
laugh.gif
typical "Laker" fan that blames Kobe for every loss.

what game were you watching? Kobe is the only guy that played tough the whole game. he could have won it for the Lakers if Phil Jackson didn't wait until the 4th was half over to put him back in.

i swear half of the Lakers fans on NT don't know anything about basketball...
QFT. He's just talking out of frustration. Clearly he wasn't watching this game or the other ones. Kobe didn't play a perfect game byany stretch of the imagination, but to blame him for the entire team coming out like crap, for keeping Fisher in when he shouldn't be in the arena, and forsitting himself out to start the 4th when the game was still within reach is laughable.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I am a huge Laker fan, sorry to say this guys but we aren't winning it all this year.

Not playing like that.

Kobe looked too much for his own shot, got away from the post and Pau. It's not a coincidence that we came back when Kobe was on the bench! Seems to be how it has been going this season.

Kobe has been off and on, PLAY THE DAMN TRIANGLE FOR GOD SAKE! KOBE SHUT UP, PLAY THE DAMN GAME, GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR %!@ AND PLAY LIKE YOU ARE CAPABLE OF PLAYING. STOP THE STUPID TURNOVERS, AND THEN ACT LIKE IT'S PAU'S FAULT, IT'S NOT IT'S YOURS YOU IDIOT! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF DEFENDING KOBE, PLAY WORTH A DAMN AND MAYBE I WILL.
laugh.gif

what game were you watching? Kobe is the only guy that played tough the whole game. he could have won it for the Lakers if Phil Jackson didn't wait until the 4th was half over to put him back in.

QFT. He's just talking out of frustration. Clearly he wasn't watching this game or the other ones. Kobe didn't play a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination, but to blame him for the entire team coming out like crap, for keeping Fisher in when he shouldn't be in the arena, and for sitting himself out to start the 4th when the game was still within reach is laughable.

Kobe did not play well today but he was our best player out there again. Gasol set the indifferent and soft tone from the outset. I blame it on him and philplaying fisher.

I am not a Lakers fan and I think the Lakers will win game 7 only because they are at home but I am not confident in my prediction at all.

Question for the Laker fans in here (NOT THE HATERS) Do you think Kobe has lost a step? I live in LA and I have been watching him since he came into the leagueand I think he has lost a step. It seems like he can't bring the explosiveness every night anymore. I am not saying he is declining rapidly or anythinglike that but it seems like he is no longer completely unguardable.

Not playing like that.

laugh.gif

Don't talk to me about not knowing basketball, I have been playing all my life. I am a student of the game and know it real well. If you know anythingabout me, I NEVER blame Kobe for our teams losses, however, the leader of the team takes this loss. HE is the one that is in charge of making sure HIS guys areREADY for the game! Of course I know it's not all Kobe's fault but I saw him do a lot of things out there, many of the same things he did in game 4that hurt the team. Why don't you watch the game again and check and see how many times he ran the TRIANGLE, that is our offense you know... You have mewondering if you watched the game, or if you know the Lakers offense? You can't just look at stats and say oh Kobe scored over 30 so he did real well. Hispoints and stats don't tell how he got nobody involved in this game. Credit the Rockets as they have played consistent defense throughout the series, butas a team you have to adjust to the defensive schemes that they throw at you, but Phil seems to not be any good at in game adjustment. Bottom line is askanyone who has seen my posts, I have defended Kobe like no other. To be great means to make your teammates great with you!

Originally Posted by NEXTEL CUP

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Reporter: Are you worried about Sunday's game?

Phil: ......No. What is there to be worried about? It's just a game.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
No wonder your squad goes out and plays like a bunch of scrubs
Son shut up.
U MAD DOGGIE???
Typical.

I am not a Lakers fan and I think the Lakers will win game 7 only because they are at home but I am not confident in my prediction at all.
Not a Laker fan either, but I am confident that they will win. Although they've played like *%%% away from home I don't see them losing adeciding game on their home floor. I just don't see Kobe letting that happen.

Originally Posted by epox12

Question for the Laker fans in here (NOT THE HATERS) Do you think Kobe has lost a step? I live in LA and I have been watching him since he came into the league and I think he has lost a step. It seems like he can't bring the explosiveness every night anymore. I am not saying he is declining rapidly or anything like that but it seems like he is no longer completely unguardable.
of course he lost a step. he's 30. he's a glorified jumpshooter now. however, he's still has such a great midrange game that he'sstill a top 3-4 player in the game. sucks his teammates are soft and can't man up with the opposing team plays some real defense.

but ur right, the lakers basically played shane straight up on kobe for most of the series. but shane's an all-world defender.

Question for the Laker fans in here (NOT THE HATERS) Do you think Kobe has lost a step? I live in LA and I have been watching him since he came into the league and I think he has lost a step. It seems like he can't bring the explosiveness every night anymore. I am not saying he is declining rapidly or anything like that but it seems like he is no longer completely unguardable.
obviously, he has lost a step athletically. he is 30 years old. he is not going to be out there dunking on people every night.

but you're wrong on your second point.. he is still unguardable. the reason for that is that Kobe doesn't rely on his athleticism to score. even as hisathletic abilities have been fading ever so slightly, he still has an excellent midrange game and is savvy enough to get any shot that he wants.

the lessened athleticism has mainly hurt his defense, not his offense.

I'm talking about a healthy T-Mac putting him the #'s he's put up in the past 2 seasons. Somewhere around 20 ppg, along with a healthy Yao givingthe Rockets 20 and 10 combined with the solid play of Brooks, Scola, Battier, Artest, etc. It appears that a fully loaded Rockets team would've been anightmare match-up for the Lakers.

Although Laker fans have a right to be pissed off, it's important to put things into perspective and realize that Houston - or any team for that matter -are at a huge disadvantage when playing at Staples.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

of course he lost a step. he's 30. he's a glorified jumpshooter now. however, he's still has such a great midrange game that he's still a top 3-4 player in the game. sucks his teammates are soft and can't man up with the opposing team plays some real defense.

but ur right, the lakers basically played shane straight up on kobe for most of the series. but shane's an all-world defender.

not only is he 30, but his 13th season

not to mention, 5 finals and a couple conference finals.........thats a lot of mileage

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Not playing like that.

laugh.gif

QFT. He's just talking out of frustration. Clearly he wasn't watching this game or the other ones. Kobe didn't play a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination, but to blame him for the entire team coming out like crap, for keeping Fisher in when he shouldn't be in the arena, and for sitting himself out to start the 4th when the game was still within reach is laughable.

You are right, I am pissed and kobe did help on that comeback. The whole team didn't play like they needed to to win. I didn't like Kobe's atitudein the 3rd when they were within 4 and Landry made a reverse layup and got fouled. He seemed to contribute to the teams unraveling with the bad attitude. Idon't like the pouting and the slamming the ball just play the game, they were only down 7 after the made freethrow. With that said Lakers will win game 7!

i truthfully think that he is tired from all the basketball he has been playing. you can tell, he brings it every other night. I am HOPING he isjust "pacing himself," but I know that is not the case. Plus, he just doesn't drive the ball anymore. He can clearly do it, but its like hewants to prove that he can shoot.

Not playing like that.

laugh.gif

Don't talk to me about not knowing basketball, I have been playing all my life. I am a student of the game and know it real well. If you know anything about me, I NEVER blame Kobe for our teams losses, however, the leader of the team takes this loss. HE is the one that is in charge of making sure HIS guys are READY for the game! Of course I know it's not all Kobe's fault but I saw him do a lot of things out there, many of the same things he did in game 4 that hurt the team. Why don't you watch the game again and check and see how many times he ran the TRIANGLE, that is our offense you know... You have me wondering if you watched the game, or if you know the Lakers offense? You can't just look at stats and say oh Kobe scored over 30 so he did real well. His points and stats don't tell how he got nobody involved in this game. Credit the Rockets as they have played consistent defense throughout the series, but as a team you have to adjust to the defensive schemes that they throw at you, but Phil seems to not be any good at in game adjustment. Bottom line is ask anyone who has seen my posts, I have defended Kobe like no other. To be great means to make your teammates great with you!
You do realize that guys were not making shots at all to start the game right, you do realize that the Lakers have RARELY run the triangle withthe starting lineup out there, you do realize that Kobe can't post up cause Houston is zoning up the paint ala Boston and those double teams aren'tcoming leaving shooters wide open. If you know basketball so well, you have to see these things and that EFFORT is the reason this series is going to 7 games,the Rockets come with it every game and the Lakers don't, it's really that simple. Be honest with yourself, who out there on the floor this seriesreally looks like they want it on LA? This team mentally and physically outside of Kobe is soft.

Even though Kobe looked like trash out there, he still came out with 32 (albeit 11-27 shooting.)
Kobe supporting cast is mentally and physically (Pau) frail. They got too 7 footers and they let
Luis Scola run all over them? Kobe still goes out and does his thing, despite his teammates showing up when they want too.

phils coaching methods worry me.

only thing i noticed was bynum not playing at all, he was a big part of the run, grabbing rebounds being a presence.
then he just disappeared.
and we can't guard the pick and roll to save our life.

game 7 who knows.

Reporter: Are you worried about Sunday's game?

Phil: ......No. What is there to be worried about? It's just a game.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
No wonder your squad goes out and plays like a bunch of scrubs
Son shut up.
U MAD DOGGIE???
Typical.
Why are you on my phallus though, lil guy??

Gotta give it up to Adelman and the big heart of the Rockets.

I gave up on them when they lost Yao but I don't know on how are they surviving.

I really thought the Lakers will breeze through them, but right now they're getting exposed. Denver will give em a hard time as well.

man i really hope we don't get rid of tmac this offseason and keep artest. if we can just frickin stay healthy it would be damn near impossible to stop us.

Back
Top Bottom