Lakers at Rockets Game 6 Thread 5/14 6:30 pm Vol No Heart

so judging from these post game interviews, the lakers are headed into game 7 really confident. i guess they have a reason to be, because when they'remotivated, no one can stop them, but if we can come out really intense and shock them, i'd be really interested to see the post game interviews after thatgame. they definitely wouldn't be so cocky then.

Originally Posted by NEXTEL CUP

Why don't the Lakers ever play Mbenga?
Because Phil Jackson is afraid of "change"
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

I am a huge Laker fan, sorry to say this guys but we aren't winning it all this year.

Not playing like that.

Kobe looked too much for his own shot, got away from the post and Pau. It's not a coincidence that we came back when Kobe was on the bench! Seems to be how it has been going this season.

Kobe has been off and on, PLAY THE DAMN TRIANGLE FOR GOD SAKE! KOBE SHUT UP, PLAY THE DAMN GAME, GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR %!@ AND PLAY LIKE YOU ARE CAPABLE OF PLAYING. STOP THE STUPID TURNOVERS, AND THEN ACT LIKE IT'S PAU'S FAULT, IT'S NOT IT'S YOURS YOU IDIOT! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF DEFENDING KOBE, PLAY WORTH A DAMN AND MAYBE I WILL.
laugh.gif
typical "Laker" fan that blames Kobe for every loss.

what game were you watching? Kobe is the only guy that played tough the whole game. he could have won it for the Lakers if Phil Jackson didn't wait until the 4th was half over to put him back in.

i swear half of the Lakers fans on NT don't know anything about basketball...

Don't talk to me about not knowing basketball, I have been playing all my life. I am a student of the game and know it real well. If you know anything about me, I NEVER blame Kobe for our teams losses, however, the leader of the team takes this loss. HE is the one that is in charge of making sure HIS guys are READY for the game! Of course I know it's not all Kobe's fault but I saw him do a lot of things out there, many of the same things he did in game 4 that hurt the team. Why don't you watch the game again and check and see how many times he ran the TRIANGLE, that is our offense you know... You have me wondering if you watched the game, or if you know the Lakers offense? You can't just look at stats and say oh Kobe scored over 30 so he did real well. His points and stats don't tell how he got nobody involved in this game. Credit the Rockets as they have played consistent defense throughout the series, but as a team you have to adjust to the defensive schemes that they throw at you, but Phil seems to not be any good at in game adjustment. Bottom line is ask anyone who has seen my posts, I have defended Kobe like no other. To be great means to make your teammates great with you!
You do realize that guys were not making shots at all to start the game right, you do realize that the Lakers have RARELY run the triangle with the starting lineup out there, you do realize that Kobe can't post up cause Houston is zoning up the paint ala Boston and those double teams aren't coming leaving shooters wide open. If you know basketball so well, you have to see these things and that EFFORT is the reason this series is going to 7 games, the Rockets come with it every game and the Lakers don't, it's really that simple. Be honest with yourself, who out there on the floor this series really looks like they want it on LA? This team mentally and physically outside of Kobe is soft.

I watched the Lakers all season and when they are good they are running the offense. They may run it loose but they run it. YOU have to admit that you wouldlike to have seen the ball go in the post more. The lead at the start was from too many jumpers going up in the air, yes, like always against the Rockets theywere contested. Kobe smarted up and realized he needed to drive to the bucket, mind you he doesn't get the call he should. That's a whole 'nothertopic. How about playing better defense from the outset, they wait till it's too late to play defense. I know they are doubling Kobe, but what does Pau dowhen he gets doubled, he passes. Kobe must pass and the player he passes to must make them pay for doubling.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

I am a huge Laker fan, sorry to say this guys but we aren't winning it all this year.

Not playing like that.

Kobe looked too much for his own shot, got away from the post and Pau. It's not a coincidence that we came back when Kobe was on the bench! Seems to be how it has been going this season.

Kobe has been off and on, PLAY THE DAMN TRIANGLE FOR GOD SAKE! KOBE SHUT UP, PLAY THE DAMN GAME, GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR %!@ AND PLAY LIKE YOU ARE CAPABLE OF PLAYING. STOP THE STUPID TURNOVERS, AND THEN ACT LIKE IT'S PAU'S FAULT, IT'S NOT IT'S YOURS YOU IDIOT! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF DEFENDING KOBE, PLAY WORTH A DAMN AND MAYBE I WILL.
laugh.gif
typical "Laker" fan that blames Kobe for every loss.

what game were you watching? Kobe is the only guy that played tough the whole game. he could have won it for the Lakers if Phil Jackson didn't wait until the 4th was half over to put him back in.

i swear half of the Lakers fans on NT don't know anything about basketball...

Don't talk to me about not knowing basketball, I have been playing all my life. I am a student of the game and know it real well. If you know anything about me, I NEVER blame Kobe for our teams losses, however, the leader of the team takes this loss. HE is the one that is in charge of making sure HIS guys are READY for the game! Of course I know it's not all Kobe's fault but I saw him do a lot of things out there, many of the same things he did in game 4 that hurt the team. Why don't you watch the game again and check and see how many times he ran the TRIANGLE, that is our offense you know... You have me wondering if you watched the game, or if you know the Lakers offense? You can't just look at stats and say oh Kobe scored over 30 so he did real well. His points and stats don't tell how he got nobody involved in this game. Credit the Rockets as they have played consistent defense throughout the series, but as a team you have to adjust to the defensive schemes that they throw at you, but Phil seems to not be any good at in game adjustment. Bottom line is ask anyone who has seen my posts, I have defended Kobe like no other. To be great means to make your teammates great with you!
Kobe "got nobody involved in the game"?

the difference between Game 4 and today was that Kobe was actually trying to penetrate today instead of sitting back shooting jumpshots. how many times did wesee him penetrate and find open shooters? and there were many times were i saw him make an effort to get Gasol the ball, or set him up with the pick and roll.his bum !+* teammates actually making the open shots is another story, but if you watched the game you can't tell me Kobe didn't try to get histeammates involved.

and this:
If you know anything about me, I NEVER blame Kobe for our teams losses, however, the leader of the team takes this loss. HE is the one that is in charge of making sure HIS guys are READY for the game!

is just BS. Kobe led by example tonight by playing it tough and giving full effort when he was on the floor. it's not his fault that the players on histeam are mentally weak and could not follow his lead. he wasn't the one who assembled the team.

it's not like the team is normally tough-minded, and today Kobe slipped while also allowing them to slip. Gasol is a soft, weak-minded player. he was softbefore he came to the Lakers, and he will be soft whenever he leaves the Lakers. that's just who he is, and you can't expect Kobe to change that. Bynumis also soft, and still has not developed the correct mentality for the game. Fisher can't hit a shot or play defense to save his life, how is thatKobe's fault? you're just reaching by blaming Kobe for this loss.

i agree with you that Phil is getting weaker and weaker at in-game adjustment. i know he is supposed to be the Zen master and all, but his lackluster attitudeis just not going to cut it with the current Lakers team.

If some how we can contain arron brook , we will have a good chance to blow them out. Arron brook > farmar >fisher

Any lakers fans worried that the whole team will defer to kobe on game 7? i think the lakers will win (i hope i'm wrong) but i wouldnt be surprised ifeveryone is timid and expects kobe to bail them out.

I can see kobe going for 40 and the lakers winning, or i can see him taking 30 shots because pau, odom, ariza and bynum are too scared to shoot/ makemistakes...

i give props to houston fans out there. yal gave us a good series and now it's going down to 1 game. i know yal are going to be proud of your team win orlose sunday because they gave it their all. that's all you can ask for out of your team. hopefully lakers can show some heart not just game 7(i expect themto play with heart in a game 7) but in the next series should they advance.

...and I dont see anyone criticizing ODOM here. The guy made some terrible fouls in the end tonight. He makes bad decisions when the game's on the line.

Him and Radmanovich played straight up doo-doo in the Finals last year.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

...and I dont see anyone criticizing ODOM here. The guy made some terrible fouls in the end tonight. He makes bad decisions when the game's on the line.

Him and Radmanovich played straight up doo-doo in the Finals last year.
i actually thought he was one of LAs only solid players. imagine how badly they would have been killed if not for his rebounding...
sick.gif

he made the dumb fouls, but they didn't really cost LA the game. he wasn't really scoring, but the Lakers shouldn't be relying on Odom to scoremore than 8-10 points anyways.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by epox12

I am not a Lakers fan and I think the Lakers will win game 7 only because they are at home but I am not confident in my prediction at all.

Question for the Laker fans in here (NOT THE HATERS) Do you think Kobe has lost a step? I live in LA and I have been watching him since he came into the league and I think he has lost a step. It seems like he can't bring the explosiveness every night anymore. I am not saying he is declining rapidly or anything like that but it seems like he is no longer completely unguardable.
of course he lost a step. he's 30. he's a glorified jumpshooter now. however, he's still has such a great midrange game that he's still a top 3-4 player in the game. sucks his teammates are soft and can't man up with the opposing team plays some real defense.

but ur right, the lakers basically played shane straight up on kobe for most of the series. but shane's an all-world defender.

not only is he 30, but his 13th season

not to mention, 5 finals and a couple conference finals.........thats a lot of mileage
i understand that. but like i said, his midrange game is still the best that he's able to dominate on a consistent basis still. however, hecan't dominate an entire game like a lebron can right now.

he needs gasol and other guys to step up. but kobe can at least "try" to drive though v. shane. it's like he just jacks it up all the damn time.mix it up and it'll open up the game for his teammates.

also, whoever wins the first quarter, they should stop playing the game
roll.gif
. that's the trend with EVERY game involving the rockets in the playoffs.

We worked hard all year to win the west.

And now we have the home floor for a game 7. Its all we could ask for.

Yes L's like this are frustrating, but if you have been a fan of this team for any amount of years you know we always play down to our competition. Notsaying the Rockets are a bad team but without Yao we should have taken care of business.

We didn't do it.

Now we have to take care of this in game 7.

Right now a lot of us are frustrated. We have every right to be. But you can't be a fan of your team and say we won't win a championship. Were bostonfans scared when they went to 2 games 7's last year? We went 7 with Sac and won a chip. We played plenty of game 7's in the 80's. Game 7'shappen. That's why you play the games. I haven't seen one paper champ yet.

I do agree things have to change. We must play with more fire on a consistent basis.

Let's go Lakers.

i expect the lakers to win, but i said that before gm4,5,6
these rockets just wont die

i know bynum is injured, but he's 7ft, grab some rebs, alter shots, put backs, etc. (imagine what nene, birman, kmart gonna do with this interior)
ron ron still shooting this poorly and they pulling the W
has fisher lost it mentally now?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

God...

We would love to have Ronny Turiaf right now.
smh.gif
We would love to have Andew Bynum pre- 2009 injury.

And Rockets would love to have Yao, T-Mac, Deke pre 2009 injury too.

Turiaf has heart and would match Landry for hustle plays....He'd make more of an impact than Bynum right now.

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

man i really hope we don't get rid of tmac this offseason and keep artest. if we can just frickin stay healthy it would be damn near impossible to stop us.

If T-Mac was healthy, Houston woulda been gone in the 1st round. E! True Hollywood Story.

Originally Posted by tupac003

We worked hard all year to win the west.

And now we have the home floor for a game 7. Its all we could ask for.

Yes L's like this are frustrating, but if you have been a fan of this team for any amount of years you know we always play down to our competition. Not saying the Rockets are a bad team but without Yao we should have taken care of business.

We didn't do it.

Now we have to take care of this in game 7.

Right now a lot of us are frustrated. We have every right to be. But you can't be a fan of your team and say we won't win a championship. Were boston fans scared when they went to 2 games 7's last year? We went 7 with Sac and won a chip. We played plenty of game 7's in the 80's. Game 7's happen. That's why you play the games. I haven't seen one paper champ yet.

I do agree things have to change. We must play with more fire on a consistent basis.

Let's go Lakers.

Amen.

Sad really...

Here's a suggestion, how about fronting Scola and Landry? Trapping Brooks up top? Asking Marc Gasol to play for us?

Back
Top Bottom