[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Although I was very frustrated about tonight's loss, and trashed my dorm after the loss, I still believe
happy.gif

+1

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

laugh.gif
you guys are crazy, anyone who counts out the lakers is out of their mind. down 0-2 is really not that big of a deal. You guys are the same people who were celebrating last year when the celtics won game 5 and took a 3-2 lead. Lakers can easily win both games at Dallas and tie this up.

Dallas needs game 3 more than the lakers do if they really want to crush their spirits.

Im rooting for Dallas just because i hate LA but im not celebrating until the clock reads double zeros and the lakers are officially eliminated
QFT
On the future of Kobe and the Lakers, imo regardless of what happens in this series, I still think Kobe has another title run in him. If they were to get bounced this round (I can only dream for now til it's official 
pimp.gif
) I just think the sting of failure and talk of him being past his prime would drive him to go on beast mode again next season (if there is one 
indifferent.gif
)

laugh.gif
you guys are crazy, anyone who counts out the lakers is out of their mind. down 0-2 is really not that big of a deal. You guys are the same people who were celebrating last year when the celtics won game 5 and took a 3-2 lead. Lakers can easily win both games at Dallas and tie this up.

Dallas needs game 3 more than the lakers do if they really want to crush their spirits.

Im rooting for Dallas just because i hate LA but im not celebrating until the clock reads double zeros and the lakers are officially eliminated
QFT
On the future of Kobe and the Lakers, imo regardless of what happens in this series, I still think Kobe has another title run in him. If they were to get bounced this round (I can only dream for now til it's official 
pimp.gif
) I just think the sting of failure and talk of him being past his prime would drive him to go on beast mode again next season (if there is one 
indifferent.gif
)

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
....still not finished folks.....(Go Heat)

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
....still not finished folks.....(Go Heat)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PO2345

I can't believe people are shocked by his performances...He's been doing this for years.

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ LA though. If they lose, I won't know what to say. LA wanted to play Dallas, well there you go...

If Dallas wins, I hope OKC/MEM wins.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This.

Originally Posted by PO2345

I can't believe people are shocked by his performances...He's been doing this for years.

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ LA though. If they lose, I won't know what to say. LA wanted to play Dallas, well there you go...

If Dallas wins, I hope OKC/MEM wins.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This.

i'll never count out a championship defender (except the 99 Bulls) until they are officially out, with that said, to be knocked out by the Mavs??? Everyone talks about the new taking over the old..... but the Mavs are OLD!!!

i'll never count out a championship defender (except the 99 Bulls) until they are officially out, with that said, to be knocked out by the Mavs??? Everyone talks about the new taking over the old..... but the Mavs are OLD!!!

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Mavs vs heat in the finals for payback without stern winning it for them looks good to me

you know that aint gonna be the case though.
laugh.gif
because lebron still needs his title
laugh.gif

would be a nice send off for dirk though...

thought of stern handing mark cuban the trophy...not gonna happen. lol
Stern hates Cuban more then anything in life and he will not see the Mavs win a chip while he is still the boss. Thats the only thing holding me back from seeing us win it all. None the less I think we still have what it takes.

JJ finally showed up to playoffs yesterday. He has been off the charts all season and I've been waiting for him to shine like he did last night. Hope all goes well for my Mavs as up 2-0 is amazing but its the LAKERS

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Mavs vs heat in the finals for payback without stern winning it for them looks good to me

you know that aint gonna be the case though.
laugh.gif
because lebron still needs his title
laugh.gif

would be a nice send off for dirk though...

thought of stern handing mark cuban the trophy...not gonna happen. lol
Stern hates Cuban more then anything in life and he will not see the Mavs win a chip while he is still the boss. Thats the only thing holding me back from seeing us win it all. None the less I think we still have what it takes.

JJ finally showed up to playoffs yesterday. He has been off the charts all season and I've been waiting for him to shine like he did last night. Hope all goes well for my Mavs as up 2-0 is amazing but its the LAKERS

You look at this thread, the progression, and the consensus from most of LAL fans is, this would be a cake walk. Can't blame anybody there, as a lot of people thought the same. See: the ESPN writers who all picked LAL.

Dallas wins game 1, and it's how LAL gave the game away. One way of looking at it. Either way, flood gates are opened, and a lot of LAL fans go into defense mode.

Here come the Lakers haters. We lost game 1 vs NO and look what happened (nobody in their right mind would have thought NO was gonna advance. I'm surprised they even won two games) LAL still in 5 games. LA won't lose another game. Dallas has no chance.

Game 2 rolls around, LAL loses.

Half of this same group is sticking a fork in the Lakers as a franchise and the other half still think LAL has a shot at winning this series.

This series is over. Only 3 teams in NBA history have lost the first two at home and managed to come back in a 7 game series. NBA h-i-s-t-o-r-y. Those are some long odds.

LAL goes as far as Pau takes them, period. And he is buns, for whatever reason. Inconsistent going back to the last series. Couple that with being down 0-2, you guys really think Pau's mental make up will let him all of a sudden flip a switch back to beast mode? Good luck with that.

And Ron might get suspended? A lot of LAL fans hope so, but, what's Matt Barnes gonna do? They're both basically spot up 3 pt shooters.

I will say, LAL will win game 3. Then all the fans will unite, 'We believe' We're the Lakers. We're the champs. We have Kobe. We're a good road team, we can win in Dallas to make it a series again!

Then LAL will lose game 4, dashing the hopes of Southern California, and the bandwagon fans across the country alike.

LAL must win 3 straight, when they couldn't even 2 straight when they had a chance. Not happening. (They win game 5 and end up losing game 6 to end the series)

Barkley ends up being right.

This is how this story ends.

Much to the delight of a lot of people here on NT

And with that said, unless you're a Mavs fan/Dirk fan, those people who were pulling for the Mavs this series, will now pull for OKC/Mem. Yeah, a lot of us are getting off this bus soon
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You look at this thread, the progression, and the consensus from most of LAL fans is, this would be a cake walk. Can't blame anybody there, as a lot of people thought the same. See: the ESPN writers who all picked LAL.

Dallas wins game 1, and it's how LAL gave the game away. One way of looking at it. Either way, flood gates are opened, and a lot of LAL fans go into defense mode.

Here come the Lakers haters. We lost game 1 vs NO and look what happened (nobody in their right mind would have thought NO was gonna advance. I'm surprised they even won two games) LAL still in 5 games. LA won't lose another game. Dallas has no chance.

Game 2 rolls around, LAL loses.

Half of this same group is sticking a fork in the Lakers as a franchise and the other half still think LAL has a shot at winning this series.

This series is over. Only 3 teams in NBA history have lost the first two at home and managed to come back in a 7 game series. NBA h-i-s-t-o-r-y. Those are some long odds.

LAL goes as far as Pau takes them, period. And he is buns, for whatever reason. Inconsistent going back to the last series. Couple that with being down 0-2, you guys really think Pau's mental make up will let him all of a sudden flip a switch back to beast mode? Good luck with that.

And Ron might get suspended? A lot of LAL fans hope so, but, what's Matt Barnes gonna do? They're both basically spot up 3 pt shooters.

I will say, LAL will win game 3. Then all the fans will unite, 'We believe' We're the Lakers. We're the champs. We have Kobe. We're a good road team, we can win in Dallas to make it a series again!

Then LAL will lose game 4, dashing the hopes of Southern California, and the bandwagon fans across the country alike.

LAL must win 3 straight, when they couldn't even 2 straight when they had a chance. Not happening. (They win game 5 and end up losing game 6 to end the series)

Barkley ends up being right.

This is how this story ends.

Much to the delight of a lot of people here on NT

And with that said, unless you're a Mavs fan/Dirk fan, those people who were pulling for the Mavs this series, will now pull for OKC/Mem. Yeah, a lot of us are getting off this bus soon
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

when the score was in the 60s and we were down six...i know we weren't gonna win. I was confident that we were gonna win game two cuz game 1 we did mostly everything right but ease up off our play and not crush em....but game 2, the ball wouldn't go in the basket on top of all the horrible play.

if we weren't playing the Mavs i would be super worried...im kinda worried now, but it is what it is...the signs showed all season long that we may not have been able to get it done.

squad minus Kobe lookin like they want an early vacation

when the score was in the 60s and we were down six...i know we weren't gonna win. I was confident that we were gonna win game two cuz game 1 we did mostly everything right but ease up off our play and not crush em....but game 2, the ball wouldn't go in the basket on top of all the horrible play.

if we weren't playing the Mavs i would be super worried...im kinda worried now, but it is what it is...the signs showed all season long that we may not have been able to get it done.

squad minus Kobe lookin like they want an early vacation

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

None of us Mavericks fans are saying it's over by the way. We aren't that naive, especially after 2006.

It's just people trying to start up drama and gibberish.
laugh.gif

Ain't that the truth. These are the Lakers and they play best with their backs against the wall. Its still a series as there are still games to be played.

I still am smiling but I won't jump fo joy till I see 4 games won and the final whistle blows.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

None of us Mavericks fans are saying it's over by the way. We aren't that naive, especially after 2006.

It's just people trying to start up drama and gibberish.
laugh.gif

Ain't that the truth. These are the Lakers and they play best with their backs against the wall. Its still a series as there are still games to be played.

I still am smiling but I won't jump fo joy till I see 4 games won and the final whistle blows.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

In other shocking news, Lakers down 0-1 and not even Bennett Salvatore could do anything about Game 2 on their home floor...I'm sure he'll appear in '06 Finals mode at some point in this series.

Don't say that. Its hard enough to play teams like the Lakers and having to also take on the refs. The Mavs have been playing both teams and refs all season and the past 6 years. Tough times

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

In other shocking news, Lakers down 0-1 and not even Bennett Salvatore could do anything about Game 2 on their home floor...I'm sure he'll appear in '06 Finals mode at some point in this series.

Don't say that. Its hard enough to play teams like the Lakers and having to also take on the refs. The Mavs have been playing both teams and refs all season and the past 6 years. Tough times

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

If the Lakers win game 1 tomorrow then odds are the series is already over and the Lakers have won the Western Conference semi - finals. THe reason is simple.

Anytime the Lakers have one Game 1 of "ANY" playoffs series with Phil Jackson as head coach including in the NBA Finals they have NEVER went on to lose that series even if it went to seven games. As a matter of fact they have won the first game of a playoffs series with Phil jackson as  coach 48 times and all 48 times they were succesful at winning each of those 48 series so yes they are an incredible 48 - 0 in winning playoffs series after winning game 1.

I am a Lakers fan and i'll be going for the lakers to win the Championship this season. Based on history it's DEFINITELY not going to bode well for the Dallas Mavericks if Lakers win game 1 tomorrow. For the Mavs tomorrow is basically a must win game for them lol. The 48 - 0 stat after winning game 1 makes the Lakers one of the most feared and dominant teams in the History of the NBA. It shows that once they win that first game theyre serious about taking care of business and closing out whatever team they're face and finishing off what they started. THey lost game one to the Hornets and Still took care of buisness so if they win game 1 vs Dallas tomorrow then THey will definitely dominate and possibly sweep the Mavs.

I think it's important for LA to win game one tomorrow so they can have the advantage. Of course any team that wins game 1 has the advantage right away but for the Lakers it's different. Some teams win game 1 and end up losing the series. Lakers win game 1 and NEVER loses the series after doing so. I must admit the Mavs are going to be tough I seen how they played in game 6 VS the Traiblazers this guy Terry was on fire knocking down jumpers from all over the place and so was Dirk. All they have to do is play good Defese on Dirk and fisher has to guard Terry well possibly double team him or double team Dirk and it should be an easy win for them. Kobe has to be at his best and Lakers will Easily dominate the Mavs. Derek Fisher has to have a good game in  order to compete with Jason Terry because Terry gets it done offensively. Points in the paint can make a difference too and I think Bynum will be at his best just as he was VS the Hornets in game 6. The lakers overall are just a extremely dominant team thats destined to three - peat as NBA FInals Champions and I dont think the Mavs stand a chance against them. If kobe is at the top of his game scoring 35 - 40 points a game in this series than the Mavs can forget about it because with the rest of the lakers doing well including Kobe, Dallas will easily be swept. I predict lakers in 4 or 5 games. So as I said if LA wins tomorrow than the Mavs can kiss the series goodbye because it'll be over before it even ends.

Lets go Lakers Win tomorrow to close out the series! Let go Lakers your Future 2011 NBA Finals Champions! Lets go Kobe!!!  MVP MVP!!!! ( And Yes I also Predict Kobe will win the NBA Finals MVP award for the third straight year in a row!)

?????
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

If the Lakers win game 1 tomorrow then odds are the series is already over and the Lakers have won the Western Conference semi - finals. THe reason is simple.

Anytime the Lakers have one Game 1 of "ANY" playoffs series with Phil Jackson as head coach including in the NBA Finals they have NEVER went on to lose that series even if it went to seven games. As a matter of fact they have won the first game of a playoffs series with Phil jackson as  coach 48 times and all 48 times they were succesful at winning each of those 48 series so yes they are an incredible 48 - 0 in winning playoffs series after winning game 1.

I am a Lakers fan and i'll be going for the lakers to win the Championship this season. Based on history it's DEFINITELY not going to bode well for the Dallas Mavericks if Lakers win game 1 tomorrow. For the Mavs tomorrow is basically a must win game for them lol. The 48 - 0 stat after winning game 1 makes the Lakers one of the most feared and dominant teams in the History of the NBA. It shows that once they win that first game theyre serious about taking care of business and closing out whatever team they're face and finishing off what they started. THey lost game one to the Hornets and Still took care of buisness so if they win game 1 vs Dallas tomorrow then THey will definitely dominate and possibly sweep the Mavs.

I think it's important for LA to win game one tomorrow so they can have the advantage. Of course any team that wins game 1 has the advantage right away but for the Lakers it's different. Some teams win game 1 and end up losing the series. Lakers win game 1 and NEVER loses the series after doing so. I must admit the Mavs are going to be tough I seen how they played in game 6 VS the Traiblazers this guy Terry was on fire knocking down jumpers from all over the place and so was Dirk. All they have to do is play good Defese on Dirk and fisher has to guard Terry well possibly double team him or double team Dirk and it should be an easy win for them. Kobe has to be at his best and Lakers will Easily dominate the Mavs. Derek Fisher has to have a good game in  order to compete with Jason Terry because Terry gets it done offensively. Points in the paint can make a difference too and I think Bynum will be at his best just as he was VS the Hornets in game 6. The lakers overall are just a extremely dominant team thats destined to three - peat as NBA FInals Champions and I dont think the Mavs stand a chance against them. If kobe is at the top of his game scoring 35 - 40 points a game in this series than the Mavs can forget about it because with the rest of the lakers doing well including Kobe, Dallas will easily be swept. I predict lakers in 4 or 5 games. So as I said if LA wins tomorrow than the Mavs can kiss the series goodbye because it'll be over before it even ends.

Lets go Lakers Win tomorrow to close out the series! Let go Lakers your Future 2011 NBA Finals Champions! Lets go Kobe!!!  MVP MVP!!!! ( And Yes I also Predict Kobe will win the NBA Finals MVP award for the third straight year in a row!)

?????
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom