[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

The real problem is, the Lakers have won using their size. Bynum, Gasol and Odom, over the course of the game wear out the opposing front line/gets them into foul trouble. I was watching Sportscenter earlier. Gasol last year averaged 20 and 11 in the playoffs. This year, 14 and 8. Last night, most of Bynum's shots came off of offensive rebounds. Kobe isn't attacking the rim, working in the post. He's settling for long jumpers.

Sure, Lakers fans can hang their hat on the belief the Lakers can win in Dallas.

...but we've SEEN Dallas win in LA. Twice now. So even if LA manages to win 3 and 4 in Dallas, what's stopping Dallas in winning in LA, again, in game 5, sending the series back to Dallas for game 6 to close it out?

Too big a hill a climb for LA because they dropped both games at home. Phil is a legend, but LA fans are questioning his tactics, sitting Kobe long stretches, trying to put Artest on Dirk when Dirk will just drop buckets on his head, the whole substitution gaffe at the end of game 1, etc.

Good luck to Phil making adjustments on the fly, with travel, with a game every other day.

The real problem is, the Lakers have won using their size. Bynum, Gasol and Odom, over the course of the game wear out the opposing front line/gets them into foul trouble. I was watching Sportscenter earlier. Gasol last year averaged 20 and 11 in the playoffs. This year, 14 and 8. Last night, most of Bynum's shots came off of offensive rebounds. Kobe isn't attacking the rim, working in the post. He's settling for long jumpers.

Sure, Lakers fans can hang their hat on the belief the Lakers can win in Dallas.

...but we've SEEN Dallas win in LA. Twice now. So even if LA manages to win 3 and 4 in Dallas, what's stopping Dallas in winning in LA, again, in game 5, sending the series back to Dallas for game 6 to close it out?

Too big a hill a climb for LA because they dropped both games at home. Phil is a legend, but LA fans are questioning his tactics, sitting Kobe long stretches, trying to put Artest on Dirk when Dirk will just drop buckets on his head, the whole substitution gaffe at the end of game 1, etc.

Good luck to Phil making adjustments on the fly, with travel, with a game every other day.

franchise3 wrote:
You look at this thread, the progression, and the consensus from most of LAL fans is, this would be a cake walk. Can't blame anybody there, as a lot of people thought the same. See: the ESPN writers who all picked LAL.

Dallas wins game 1, and it's how LAL gave the game away. One way of looking at it. Either way, flood gates are opened, and a lot of LAL fans go into defense mode.

Here come the Lakers haters. We lost game 1 vs NO and look what happened (nobody in their right mind would have thought NO was gonna advance. I'm surprised they even won two games) LAL still in 5 games. LA won't lose another game. Dallas has no chance.

Game 2 rolls around, LAL loses.

Half of this same group is sticking a fork in the Lakers as a franchise and the other half still think LAL has a shot at winning this series.

This series is over. Only 3 teams in NBA history have lost the first two at home and managed to come back in a 7 game series. NBA h-i-s-t-o-r-y. Those are some long odds.

LAL goes as far as Pau takes them, period. And he is buns, for whatever reason. Inconsistent going back to the last series. Couple that with being down 0-2, you guys really think Pau's mental make up will let him all of a sudden flip a switch back to beast mode? Good luck with that.

And Ron might get suspended? A lot of LAL fans hope so, but, what's Matt Barnes gonna do? They're both basically spot up 3 pt shooters.

I will say, LAL will win game 3. Then all the fans will unite, 'We believe' We're the Lakers. We're the champs. We have Kobe. We're a good road team, we can win in Dallas to make it a series again!

Then LAL will lose game 4, dashing the hopes of Southern California, and the bandwagon fans across the country alike.

LAL must win 3 straight, when they couldn't even 2 straight when they had a chance. Not happening. (They win game 5 and end up losing game 6 to end the series)

Barkley ends up being right.

This is how this story ends.

Much to the delight of a lot of people here on NT

And with that said, unless you're a Mavs fan/Dirk fan, those people who were pulling for the Mavs this series, will now pull for OKC/Mem. Yeah, a lot of us are getting off this bus soon
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Is Dallas playing Houston in the WCF?

franchise3 wrote:
You look at this thread, the progression, and the consensus from most of LAL fans is, this would be a cake walk. Can't blame anybody there, as a lot of people thought the same. See: the ESPN writers who all picked LAL.

Dallas wins game 1, and it's how LAL gave the game away. One way of looking at it. Either way, flood gates are opened, and a lot of LAL fans go into defense mode.

Here come the Lakers haters. We lost game 1 vs NO and look what happened (nobody in their right mind would have thought NO was gonna advance. I'm surprised they even won two games) LAL still in 5 games. LA won't lose another game. Dallas has no chance.

Game 2 rolls around, LAL loses.

Half of this same group is sticking a fork in the Lakers as a franchise and the other half still think LAL has a shot at winning this series.

This series is over. Only 3 teams in NBA history have lost the first two at home and managed to come back in a 7 game series. NBA h-i-s-t-o-r-y. Those are some long odds.

LAL goes as far as Pau takes them, period. And he is buns, for whatever reason. Inconsistent going back to the last series. Couple that with being down 0-2, you guys really think Pau's mental make up will let him all of a sudden flip a switch back to beast mode? Good luck with that.

And Ron might get suspended? A lot of LAL fans hope so, but, what's Matt Barnes gonna do? They're both basically spot up 3 pt shooters.

I will say, LAL will win game 3. Then all the fans will unite, 'We believe' We're the Lakers. We're the champs. We have Kobe. We're a good road team, we can win in Dallas to make it a series again!

Then LAL will lose game 4, dashing the hopes of Southern California, and the bandwagon fans across the country alike.

LAL must win 3 straight, when they couldn't even 2 straight when they had a chance. Not happening. (They win game 5 and end up losing game 6 to end the series)

Barkley ends up being right.

This is how this story ends.

Much to the delight of a lot of people here on NT

And with that said, unless you're a Mavs fan/Dirk fan, those people who were pulling for the Mavs this series, will now pull for OKC/Mem. Yeah, a lot of us are getting off this bus soon
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Is Dallas playing Houston in the WCF?

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

laugh.gif
you guys are crazy, anyone who counts out the lakers is out of their mind. down 0-2 is really not that big of a deal. You guys are the same people who were celebrating last year when the celtics won game 5 and took a 3-2 lead. Lakers can easily win both games at Dallas and tie this up.

Dallas needs game 3 more than the lakers do if they really want to crush their spirits.

Im rooting for Dallas just because i hate LA but im not celebrating until the clock reads double zeros and the lakers are officially eliminated
While this may be true, lakers aren't getting any faster by game 3. Their bench, unless something miraculous happens, won't get any better. They won't be able to stop dirk, so if one were to look at it from an unbiased perspective, how are they going to win either of these games?
I'm not saying that the lakers can't win game 3, or 4, or game 3 & 4, but just analyzing the game, and if one were to pick a winner, how could one pick the lakers for either of these games coming up? What is one basing the lakers winning either of these games off of?

ohwell.gif

I'm basing it off of not believing in Dallas and Lakers' known history of miracles.  I can see something crazy happening.  This could be Dallas/Heat all over again, or in a reverse scenario, Houston Vs Dallas, where Houston was up 2-0 going back home and ended up losing.

laugh.gif
you guys are crazy, anyone who counts out the lakers is out of their mind. down 0-2 is really not that big of a deal. You guys are the same people who were celebrating last year when the celtics won game 5 and took a 3-2 lead. Lakers can easily win both games at Dallas and tie this up.

Dallas needs game 3 more than the lakers do if they really want to crush their spirits.

Im rooting for Dallas just because i hate LA but im not celebrating until the clock reads double zeros and the lakers are officially eliminated
While this may be true, lakers aren't getting any faster by game 3. Their bench, unless something miraculous happens, won't get any better. They won't be able to stop dirk, so if one were to look at it from an unbiased perspective, how are they going to win either of these games?
I'm not saying that the lakers can't win game 3, or 4, or game 3 & 4, but just analyzing the game, and if one were to pick a winner, how could one pick the lakers for either of these games coming up? What is one basing the lakers winning either of these games off of?

ohwell.gif

I'm basing it off of not believing in Dallas and Lakers' known history of miracles.  I can see something crazy happening.  This could be Dallas/Heat all over again, or in a reverse scenario, Houston Vs Dallas, where Houston was up 2-0 going back home and ended up losing.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

roll.gif

--Why is this even still a discussion?
--Lakers will drop both in Dallas and hopefully use that to come back stronger next year.
--Watching a championship parade in South Beach will me more than enough motivation for Kobe and Co. But he just too old.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

roll.gif

--Why is this even still a discussion?
--Lakers will drop both in Dallas and hopefully use that to come back stronger next year.
--Watching a championship parade in South Beach will me more than enough motivation for Kobe and Co. But he just too old.

Ain't that the truth.
30t6p3b.gif

I think there's one really, truly glaring difference with this Mavs team...

Anyone ever seen Dirk like this? Ever? He's playing out of his damn mind.

Always been a 25 and 10 guy in the playoffs... But something is different.

Ain't that the truth.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Naw Dirk has been going off man the difference is the last 5 years Erick Dampier was our starting center, he isn't even good enough to dress for Miami.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Naw Dirk has been going off man the difference is the last 5 years Erick Dampier was our starting center, he isn't even good enough to dress for Miami.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

While all of that is true and may happen, you are basing it off of some miracle, or something crazy happening. That, I think we can both agree on, is not sound at all.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

While all of that is true and may happen, you are basing it off of some miracle, or something crazy happening. That, I think we can both agree on, is not sound at all.

Originally Posted by AG 47

The issue is not stopping Dirk. Dirk will do what he does. And even in the last game, we were down by 4 in the 3rd quarter around the 6 minute mark.
And that's being 0-14 from 3 (at that point) and 50% from the goddamn free throw line.

The problem was stopping JJ Barea who penetrated for layups, found teammates for open shots, and dismantled the Lakers defense.

For as long as I can remember, the Lakers have had their issues defending pick and rolls with quick guards...this is no different.

And i've said this in my previous post on here recently, this is 100% true, I agree. The lakers, keep going over the top of those high screens with those guards, and when you combine that with the Lakers bigs not showing that far out, that leaves barea, kidd, and terry B-Lining those screens, and have a ton of floor to play with as a result, and that picks apart their defense. 

Back
Top Bottom