[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Lnmfao @ Pau, dude can get any #$% he wants.

Last series it was a respitory infection, now this.

MAN UP THIS IS BASKETBALL! Worry about your off court problems any other time except game time.

i guess the same can be said about lebron when west +#@!$@ his mom right ?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Lnmfao @ Pau, dude can get any #$% he wants.

Last series it was a respitory infection, now this.

MAN UP THIS IS BASKETBALL! Worry about your off court problems any other time except game time.

i guess the same can be said about lebron when west +#@!$@ his mom right ?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

^
--They deserved to get booed.

I would never boo any team that I root for or love.  Just not in my nature.  It's almost hypocritical to me.... 

^

I would never boo any team that I root for or love.  Just not in my nature.  It's almost hypocritical to me.... 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

^

well you got to bear in mind. Laker tickets and especially playoff tickets are not cheap whatsoever. we're spoiled and we expect for us to win day in and day out.  nothing less than a championship is a failure for us. you spend money to see quality type of basketball and you dont get it. its similar to investing on a lamborghini but it performs like a ford.

i've never booed the lakers but i could see why people would.

^

well you got to bear in mind. Laker tickets and especially playoff tickets are not cheap whatsoever. we're spoiled and we expect for us to win day in and day out.  nothing less than a championship is a failure for us. you spend money to see quality type of basketball and you dont get it. its similar to investing on a lamborghini but it performs like a ford.

i've never booed the lakers but i could see why people would.

^

Yeah, it's been shown that psychologically, booing your team is one of the worst (and, in fact, most counter-productive) ways to get your team to play better.
At work, if I'm struggling, I'd sure as hell respond better to encouragement than to someone coming up to me and yelling "you suck!" (or whatever the equivalent of boo-ing in the workplace is).

I'm not saying that fans don't deserve to see quality play, or that fans shouldn't be disappointed (they, in fact, have a right to and should be disappointed if their team is underperforming). But if the ultimate goal is to get your team to play BETTER, then booing is not the road to achieving that. Booing helps THE FAN vent their frustration, but hardly helps the TEAM win the game. What's the point of home court advantage if you're just going to get booed by the people you thought were on your side?

^

Yeah, it's been shown that psychologically, booing your team is one of the worst (and, in fact, most counter-productive) ways to get your team to play better.
At work, if I'm struggling, I'd sure as hell respond better to encouragement than to someone coming up to me and yelling "you suck!" (or whatever the equivalent of boo-ing in the workplace is).

I'm not saying that fans don't deserve to see quality play, or that fans shouldn't be disappointed (they, in fact, have a right to and should be disappointed if their team is underperforming). But if the ultimate goal is to get your team to play BETTER, then booing is not the road to achieving that. Booing helps THE FAN vent their frustration, but hardly helps the TEAM win the game. What's the point of home court advantage if you're just going to get booed by the people you thought were on your side?

Originally Posted by djaward

I love how the laker fans booed the lakers at the end of yesterdays game.. WHAT NICE FANS THEY HAVE... And Im from LA. Lakers are out.

trust me, i live in LA and Los Angeles fans in general are for the most part pathetic. The atmosphere at Staples was just quiet throughout the 4th quarter last night, it felt like a preseason game. I'm not buying the rich fans part either, I've been to playoff games at Madison Square Garden before and that arena was going crazy from start to finish and the prices for lower level seats were around the same as Staples Center prices.  I'm not saying crowd noise woulda won the game for the Lakers because it wouldn't but when you have an arena going crazy, the crowd noise causes problems for the road team.  Aside from that, this possibly could have been the Lakers last home game this season and for them winning back to back titles, I woulda appluaded them post game strictly off the strength of that.

regarding Pau and his girlfriend situation, all i'll say is this, he's human just like us and has emotions and feelings, some dudes can have that F a Batch mentality and keep it moving relationship wise but for some that stuff dwells on em.  i just hope he can come out friday on the road and deliver a strong performance and whatever happens happens.

to sum it up nicely,  the Lakers need to do what they did after game 1 of the Hornets series the rest of the way,  go 2-1 on the road and go undefeated at home the rest of the series.

Originally Posted by djaward

I love how the laker fans booed the lakers at the end of yesterdays game.. WHAT NICE FANS THEY HAVE... And Im from LA. Lakers are out.

trust me, i live in LA and Los Angeles fans in general are for the most part pathetic. The atmosphere at Staples was just quiet throughout the 4th quarter last night, it felt like a preseason game. I'm not buying the rich fans part either, I've been to playoff games at Madison Square Garden before and that arena was going crazy from start to finish and the prices for lower level seats were around the same as Staples Center prices.  I'm not saying crowd noise woulda won the game for the Lakers because it wouldn't but when you have an arena going crazy, the crowd noise causes problems for the road team.  Aside from that, this possibly could have been the Lakers last home game this season and for them winning back to back titles, I woulda appluaded them post game strictly off the strength of that.

regarding Pau and his girlfriend situation, all i'll say is this, he's human just like us and has emotions and feelings, some dudes can have that F a Batch mentality and keep it moving relationship wise but for some that stuff dwells on em.  i just hope he can come out friday on the road and deliver a strong performance and whatever happens happens.

to sum it up nicely,  the Lakers need to do what they did after game 1 of the Hornets series the rest of the way,  go 2-1 on the road and go undefeated at home the rest of the series.

I know they aren't the same people, but damn when KB8 was going thru that whole _ape case deal and still ended up playing games after going to court the same day, excuse me if I don't feel bad for Pau. He literally can have any woman he wants, he's smart, and living in one of the best cities in the world, playing for the best franchise in basketball. Really fam? Man the %$*% up! He's the key to us getting back in this series, we know he can't stop or even slow Dirk down, but at least make him work on the defensive end by putting pressure on him. Maybe he'll actually expend some energy and won't torch us as badly as he has so far.

Bottom line, Kobe and everyone else can come to play and do all they can, but if "All-Star Pau Gasol" doesn't finally show up, it's all for naught, we CAN'T win.

The 1st qtr will tell me how the rest of this series is going to go, if the Lakers come out focused and sharp on D, I have confidence they'll win Game 3 and be back in this series. But if they can't withstand the early energy in AAA and get blitzed early, it's going to be all she wrote.

I know they aren't the same people, but damn when KB8 was going thru that whole _ape case deal and still ended up playing games after going to court the same day, excuse me if I don't feel bad for Pau. He literally can have any woman he wants, he's smart, and living in one of the best cities in the world, playing for the best franchise in basketball. Really fam? Man the %$*% up! He's the key to us getting back in this series, we know he can't stop or even slow Dirk down, but at least make him work on the defensive end by putting pressure on him. Maybe he'll actually expend some energy and won't torch us as badly as he has so far.

Bottom line, Kobe and everyone else can come to play and do all they can, but if "All-Star Pau Gasol" doesn't finally show up, it's all for naught, we CAN'T win.

The 1st qtr will tell me how the rest of this series is going to go, if the Lakers come out focused and sharp on D, I have confidence they'll win Game 3 and be back in this series. But if they can't withstand the early energy in AAA and get blitzed early, it's going to be all she wrote.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

+1000

I just rewatched game 2 and Steve Blake is one of the best players on the Mavericks.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom