[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by AG 47

While this may be true, lakers aren't getting any faster by game 3. Their bench, unless something miraculous happens, won't get any better. They won't be able to stop dirk, so if one were to look at it from an unbiased perspective, how are they going to win either of these games?

The issue is not stopping Dirk. Dirk will do what he does. And even in the last game, we were down by 4 in the 3rd quarter around the 6 minute mark.
And that's being 0-14 from 3 (at that point) and 50% from the goddamn free throw line.

The problem was stopping JJ Barea who penetrated for layups, found teammates for open shots, and dismantled the Lakers defense.

For as long as I can remember, the Lakers have had their issues defending pick and rolls with quick guards...this is no different.

And i've said this in my previous post on here recently, this is 100% true, I agree. The lakers, keep going over the top of those high screens with those guards, and when you combine that with the Lakers bigs not showing that far out, that leaves barea, kidd, and terry B-Lining those screens, and have a ton of floor to play with as a result, and that picks apart their defense. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I think there's one really, truly glaring difference with this Mavs team...

Anyone ever seen Dirk like this? Ever? He's playing out of his damn mind.

Always been a 25 and 10 guy in the playoffs... But something is different.
He's versatile with his scoring.

If his shot isn't going down, he'll post up and try to make easy ones around the basket.

He's just extremely efficient.

47% FG, 50% 3 Point, and 90% FT.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I think there's one really, truly glaring difference with this Mavs team...

Anyone ever seen Dirk like this? Ever? He's playing out of his damn mind.

Always been a 25 and 10 guy in the playoffs... But something is different.
He's versatile with his scoring.

If his shot isn't going down, he'll post up and try to make easy ones around the basket.

He's just extremely efficient.

47% FG, 50% 3 Point, and 90% FT.

Yea problem ain't Dirk, homie will get his.

Its stopping other players from helping him.
Also our crap $++ bench who can't keep a lead or make it grow.
Kobe getting 5 minute breaks in the fourth.

I still believe :/

Yea problem ain't Dirk, homie will get his.

Its stopping other players from helping him.
Also our crap $++ bench who can't keep a lead or make it grow.
Kobe getting 5 minute breaks in the fourth.

I still believe :/

Lakers guards been getting exploited since 02, this is nothing new. They been winning with size for so long it really didn't matter.

Lakers guards been getting exploited since 02, this is nothing new. They been winning with size for so long it really didn't matter.

I'm a Heat fan... and from what Im seein...the Celtics and the lakers need to win game 3 to have A chance..

cause mentally... being down 2-1 is nothing like being down 3-0 going to Game 4...

which is why I think Lakers will win Game 3.. why? cause this is a rerun..

every time someone in the Lakers organization disses someone on the team..
they tend to win the next game they play...

So it will be 2-1 going to Game 4 for the Lakers to tie it up...

I'm a Heat fan... and from what Im seein...the Celtics and the lakers need to win game 3 to have A chance..

cause mentally... being down 2-1 is nothing like being down 3-0 going to Game 4...

which is why I think Lakers will win Game 3.. why? cause this is a rerun..

every time someone in the Lakers organization disses someone on the team..
they tend to win the next game they play...

So it will be 2-1 going to Game 4 for the Lakers to tie it up...

I love how the laker fans booed the lakers at the end of yesterdays game.. WHAT NICE FANS THEY HAVE... And Im from LA. Lakers are out.

I love how the laker fans booed the lakers at the end of yesterdays game.. WHAT NICE FANS THEY HAVE... And Im from LA. Lakers are out.

Shock the world Dallas!!!
08b25894e071ae3d68c92403671026fc4064024_r.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

^
--They deserved to get booed.
Im a Laker Hater so Im with you on that one. But I hate it how people say THATS MY TEAM but yet they're booing them on their way out. To me thats not a true fan, thats more like a I like the lakers because they're winning fan. Again I want the lakers 
to lose this series, I just thought it was wrong for "Fans" to do that. 

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

^
--They deserved to get booed.
Im a Laker Hater so Im with you on that one. But I hate it how people say THATS MY TEAM but yet they're booing them on their way out. To me thats not a true fan, thats more like a I like the lakers because they're winning fan. Again I want the lakers 
to lose this series, I just thought it was wrong for "Fans" to do that. 

[h1]Pau’s Playoff Struggles Result of Girlfriend Breakup

The Los Angeles Lakers are struggling big time…They are down 2-0 to the Mavericks and on the verge of having their threepeat dreams go down in flames…Now I know why… One of their star players has been playing extremely sub-par…We often don’t think athletes personal lives spill over into their work, but it happens just as often as regular folk…Case in point, Lakers Forward Pau Gasol…He’s been playing average at best the last few weeks, and my Lakers source is telling me Pau is in the middle of a bad break up with his girlfriend Silvia Lopez Castro…The Lakers fans have noticed Pau’s lack of energy and hustle…He was booed by the Staples Center crowd for most of the second half last night…My source goes on to say Pau is feeling seriously bad over Silvia dumping him…He’s not acting like himself and his teammates can see it on the court…It’s gotta sting  getting dumped Pau, but getting swept will hurt a lot more. 

Give the guy a break!
frown.gif

[/h1]

[h1]Pau’s Playoff Struggles Result of Girlfriend Breakup

The Los Angeles Lakers are struggling big time…They are down 2-0 to the Mavericks and on the verge of having their threepeat dreams go down in flames…Now I know why… One of their star players has been playing extremely sub-par…We often don’t think athletes personal lives spill over into their work, but it happens just as often as regular folk…Case in point, Lakers Forward Pau Gasol…He’s been playing average at best the last few weeks, and my Lakers source is telling me Pau is in the middle of a bad break up with his girlfriend Silvia Lopez Castro…The Lakers fans have noticed Pau’s lack of energy and hustle…He was booed by the Staples Center crowd for most of the second half last night…My source goes on to say Pau is feeling seriously bad over Silvia dumping him…He’s not acting like himself and his teammates can see it on the court…It’s gotta sting  getting dumped Pau, but getting swept will hurt a lot more. 

Give the guy a break!
frown.gif

[/h1]

Lnmfao @ Pau, dude can get any #$% he wants.

Last series it was a respitory infection, now this.

MAN UP THIS IS BASKETBALL! Worry about your off court problems any other time except game time.

Lnmfao @ Pau, dude can get any #$% he wants.

Last series it was a respitory infection, now this.

MAN UP THIS IS BASKETBALL! Worry about your off court problems any other time except game time.

Barkley pointed it out quick... he said "Pau is going through something.. idk what it is.. but hes going thru something"...

and he was right...

Barkley pointed it out quick... he said "Pau is going through something.. idk what it is.. but hes going thru something"...

and he was right...

Back
Top Bottom