[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

alex2182:
AG 47:
Jordan's team was never down 0-3.
Jordan's team always had Scottie Pippen
Jordan knew to play with Scottie, not run him out. And same with Scottie; they recognized that they were dynamic together, and they ran with that knowledge.

alex2182:
AG 47:
Jordan's team always had Scottie Pippen
Jordan knew to play with Scottie, not run him out. And same with Scottie; they recognized that they were dynamic together, and they ran with that knowledge.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Let me be the first to say this, if Lakers get sweeped tomorrow, Kobe can kiss his sixth ring goodbye, probably forever.

Kobe has 3 years left after this season under his contract, right? Lakers are stuck with Blake, Barnes for at least another year, both are trash. Ron Artest and Shannon are wack too and are liabilities. No other team wants any of these 4 buffoons. Phil is retiring. Kobe each year shows his age. Lamar is my @@*@@ but has 2 years left, and his last year is a team option. Bynum really playing his #*$ off, but has 2 years left with the last a team option. Gasoft will go into hiding, never will be seen again. Fisher, 2 years left, will retire to hades, where he belongs.

Unless a big acquisition comes in the off season, Staples Center about to go belly up.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Let me be the first to say this, if Lakers get sweeped tomorrow, Kobe can kiss his sixth ring goodbye, probably forever.

Kobe has 3 years left after this season under his contract, right? Lakers are stuck with Blake, Barnes for at least another year, both are trash. Ron Artest and Shannon are wack too and are liabilities. No other team wants any of these 4 buffoons. Phil is retiring. Kobe each year shows his age. Lamar is my @@*@@ but has 2 years left, and his last year is a team option. Bynum really playing his #*$ off, but has 2 years left with the last a team option. Gasoft will go into hiding, never will be seen again. Fisher, 2 years left, will retire to hades, where he belongs.

Unless a big acquisition comes in the off season, Staples Center about to go belly up.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Trelvis Tha Thrilla:
Shannon Brown is a f'ing moron. You really answer yes to that question?
Didn't see/hear it. What are you talking about? Please. I need more reasons to hate this dude.
laugh.gif

Trelvis Tha Thrilla:
Shannon Brown is a f'ing moron. You really answer yes to that question?
Didn't see/hear it. What are you talking about? Please. I need more reasons to hate this dude.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Kobe Bryant just doesn't seem to have it in him anymore, I know he's old but he's not that old. Jordan came back at 32 years old and won 3 straight. I'll tell you one thing, if Kobe leads his team back to win the series averaging 32+ ppg he will become a living legend. If  
laugh.gif

2 different DNAs

32 is old though when you've been in the league since you were 17-18.  Couple that with deep playoffs runs, Team USA games, my dude has a lot of mileage on him. Kobe obviously isn't the same anymore, I think people have a hard time accepting that. Still my fav player though so I wish he finds a way to make history.

you act like mj was just resting when he was 18. both players had same mileage to start with... kobe didn't really play heavy minutes when he was young... he got a starting job at his 3rd year or so...same age when jordan was a rookie.

Kobe Bryant just doesn't seem to have it in him anymore, I know he's old but he's not that old. Jordan came back at 32 years old and won 3 straight. I'll tell you one thing, if Kobe leads his team back to win the series averaging 32+ ppg he will become a living legend. If  
laugh.gif

2 different DNAs

32 is old though when you've been in the league since you were 17-18.  Couple that with deep playoffs runs, Team USA games, my dude has a lot of mileage on him. Kobe obviously isn't the same anymore, I think people have a hard time accepting that. Still my fav player though so I wish he finds a way to make history.

you act like mj was just resting when he was 18. both players had same mileage to start with... kobe didn't really play heavy minutes when he was young... he got a starting job at his 3rd year or so...same age when jordan was a rookie.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Kobe Bryant just doesn't seem to have the "takeover" in him anymore, I know he's old but he's not that old. Jordan came back at 32 years old and won 3 straight. I'll tell you one thing, if Kobe leads his team back to win the series, backing up his words, averaging 32+ ppg he will become a living legend. If  
laugh.gif

Jordan went also on vacation for 2 years!

But this is NOT over!
Lakers will win this series! 
insulting to every baseball player? baseball is not vacation

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Kobe Bryant just doesn't seem to have the "takeover" in him anymore, I know he's old but he's not that old. Jordan came back at 32 years old and won 3 straight. I'll tell you one thing, if Kobe leads his team back to win the series, backing up his words, averaging 32+ ppg he will become a living legend. If  
laugh.gif

Jordan went also on vacation for 2 years!

But this is NOT over!
Lakers will win this series! 
insulting to every baseball player? baseball is not vacation

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by AG 47

--EXACTLY
I can never tell when you're serious or not, but...

Jordan also never had to worry about his #2 aka Scottie Pippen being a complete no show 2 series in a row.

So stop with that BS
all i know is that kobe has more help than mj ever had. how can you not see that? THINK.

Originally Posted by AG 47

--EXACTLY

Jordan also never had to worry about his #2 aka Scottie Pippen being a complete no show 2 series in a row.

So stop with that BS
all i know is that kobe has more help than mj ever had. how can you not see that? THINK.

2 different DNAs

if you look at nba regular season minutes and playoff minutes kobe and mj are near identical and hes 32. mj was what 39 when he retired? mj playing 900 more regular season minutes than kobe while kobe has played 700 more playoff minutes than mj... you can add mj's college minutes in there aswell but the college game isnt as tough on your body as the nba game is.

also mj had 1 and a half years off in his first retirement and 3 years in his 2nd retirement

2 different DNAs

if you look at nba regular season minutes and playoff minutes kobe and mj are near identical and hes 32. mj was what 39 when he retired? mj playing 900 more regular season minutes than kobe while kobe has played 700 more playoff minutes than mj... you can add mj's college minutes in there aswell but the college game isnt as tough on your body as the nba game is.

also mj had 1 and a half years off in his first retirement and 3 years in his 2nd retirement

--EXACTLY

So stop with that BS
So you are saying without Kobe the lakers would get the semi finals and take the 1994 Knicks to 7 games? Get the +*$$ out. Without Kobe this Laker team would be trash and you can tell by this series, Lamar Kobe and Bynum are the only contributors

--EXACTLY

So stop with that BS
So you are saying without Kobe the lakers would get the semi finals and take the 1994 Knicks to 7 games? Get the +*$$ out. Without Kobe this Laker team would be trash and you can tell by this series, Lamar Kobe and Bynum are the only contributors

If you look at kobe's total minutes (career plus playoffs), he's basically where MJ was in his final season with the Wizards.

So in other words, this Kobe we are seeing in his 15th season, mileage-wise, is like MJ in his final season.

Kobe still put up 25 points per game this year and played at a very high level considering all the mileage and 15 seasons plus long playoff runs in his career.

If you look at kobe's total minutes (career plus playoffs), he's basically where MJ was in his final season with the Wizards.

So in other words, this Kobe we are seeing in his 15th season, mileage-wise, is like MJ in his final season.

Kobe still put up 25 points per game this year and played at a very high level considering all the mileage and 15 seasons plus long playoff runs in his career.

When we gave up games 3/4 against Portland, they were saying same thing about us that they did before. No one gave us a chance at winning that series.

What happened? Closed out games 5/6.

Past choke-jobs have nothing to do with right now.

Back
Top Bottom