[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Phil is hard headed and stubborn though.

We all know this.

As a result, Bynum will once again get the start, and that means LO coming off the bench, when it should be LO starting.

Dallas wins game 2.

Exits for real this time.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

We all know this.

As a result, Bynum will once again get the start, and that means LO coming off the bench, when it should be LO starting.

Dallas wins game 2.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

doyung9 wrote:
As a Celtics fan who isn't a clown like most of the people on this board who have no clue about basketball except that it's orange... here's what I see as the major issue with the Lakers, and I'm sure most of you guys will agree.

Phil has too big of playoff rotation. Anytime Shannon Brown hits a jump shot or two, it's fool's gold. He'll shoot 3-4 more and brick them. In this particular series, Odom needs to play more. He's the best matchup you guys have for Dirk.

The only Lakers seeing the floor for more than 6 minutes are Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Fisher, Artest, Odom, Barnes, Blake. Everyone else is a liability. Even Blake has been less than impressive, I was pretty scared at year's beginning when I heard of the signing, but he hasn't really done much.

The Lakers have the benefit of being able to match-up with any team, as well as always having the BEST player on the floor. But sometimes, whether it be poor coaching by Phil out of boredom or bad execution due to having guys out there who shouldn't be out there, it costs the Lakers.

I actually like Shannon Brown when he plays under control, he is the only really athletic perimeter player that we have and he can create an offensive spark off the bench. You are right that he often times takes way too many threes though.

I totally agree that Phil Jackson is either bored or arrogant or something and he makes decisions that simply make no sense from a operational point of view. He is the best at getting his guys mentally and physically conditioned to win, his calm demeanor on the side lines has won us games and series we would not win but he will make baffling decisions about the rotation and about late game play calls, especially on defense. He also lets his players have little to much leeway on offense, I get it that he does not want to micromanage them and wants them to "play through" rough patches. However, when you are coughing up a big lead because you are taking ill advised threes, while you have the best frontline and the best midrange player in the NBA, I would call a timeout and tell them to stop settling for threes.

You are playing with fire by giving up home court after the first game but I am confident that if we can force feed the ball into the bigs and/or get Kobe involved in pick and role, we'll win four games, albeit in a very ugly manner.

doyung9 wrote:
As a Celtics fan who isn't a clown like most of the people on this board who have no clue about basketball except that it's orange... here's what I see as the major issue with the Lakers, and I'm sure most of you guys will agree.

Phil has too big of playoff rotation. Anytime Shannon Brown hits a jump shot or two, it's fool's gold. He'll shoot 3-4 more and brick them. In this particular series, Odom needs to play more. He's the best matchup you guys have for Dirk.

The only Lakers seeing the floor for more than 6 minutes are Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Fisher, Artest, Odom, Barnes, Blake. Everyone else is a liability. Even Blake has been less than impressive, I was pretty scared at year's beginning when I heard of the signing, but he hasn't really done much.

The Lakers have the benefit of being able to match-up with any team, as well as always having the BEST player on the floor. But sometimes, whether it be poor coaching by Phil out of boredom or bad execution due to having guys out there who shouldn't be out there, it costs the Lakers.

I actually like Shannon Brown when he plays under control, he is the only really athletic perimeter player that we have and he can create an offensive spark off the bench. You are right that he often times takes way too many threes though.

I totally agree that Phil Jackson is either bored or arrogant or something and he makes decisions that simply make no sense from a operational point of view. He is the best at getting his guys mentally and physically conditioned to win, his calm demeanor on the side lines has won us games and series we would not win but he will make baffling decisions about the rotation and about late game play calls, especially on defense. He also lets his players have little to much leeway on offense, I get it that he does not want to micromanage them and wants them to "play through" rough patches. However, when you are coughing up a big lead because you are taking ill advised threes, while you have the best frontline and the best midrange player in the NBA, I would call a timeout and tell them to stop settling for threes.

You are playing with fire by giving up home court after the first game but I am confident that if we can force feed the ball into the bigs and/or get Kobe involved in pick and role, we'll win four games, albeit in a very ugly manner.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Here here to my man Charles nailing it on the head. Dallas in 6.

Save this post for reference. Whether to roast me later on, or to look back on when the Lakers get knocked out.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You wanna place a wager on this?

Here here to my man Charles nailing it on the head. Dallas in 6.

Save this post for reference. Whether to roast me later on, or to look back on when the Lakers get knocked out.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You wanna place a wager on this?

If Jackson makes one adjustment in game two, it'll be playing Odom a hell of a lot more, and I think he will. He's stubborn, but not stupid. I still don't think he starts him though. 

We all know this.

Dallas wins game 2.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I think Dallas has no chance in hell of winning game 2. That play where Kobe went down was really a 50/50 call. If J.Kidd get a foul, the Mavs would have lost that game. Let's not act like the Mavs outright outplayed the Lakers. Even with Kobe jacking up shots left and right it was still VERY close. On top of that, they were on the lucky end of that 50/50 call. 
Even still, the Lakers were STILL not out of the game. They were still in a good position 2 grab the 2 and tie it up. You know the Mavs aren't going to foul on the shot risking the and1 for the loss, or risking 2 FTs for the tie. That 3 was just a bad play.

We all know this.

Dallas wins game 2.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I think Dallas has no chance in hell of winning game 2. That play where Kobe went down was really a 50/50 call. If J.Kidd get a foul, the Mavs would have lost that game. Let's not act like the Mavs outright outplayed the Lakers. Even with Kobe jacking up shots left and right it was still VERY close. On top of that, they were on the lucky end of that 50/50 call. 
Even still, the Lakers were STILL not out of the game. They were still in a good position 2 grab the 2 and tie it up. You know the Mavs aren't going to foul on the shot risking the and1 for the loss, or risking 2 FTs for the tie. That 3 was just a bad play.

If Jackson makes one adjustment in game two, it'll be playing Odom a hell of a lot more, and I think he will. He's stubborn, but not stupid. I still don't think he starts him though. 

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

mad trolls in here... this is just ONE GAME...

as a laker fan, i didn't expect us to sweep them anyways.... but if we go DOWN 0-2, then that'll be a problem.

Big Problem.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

mad trolls in here... this is just ONE GAME...

as a laker fan, i didn't expect us to sweep them anyways.... but if we go DOWN 0-2, then that'll be a problem.

Big Problem.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Stop replying to this dude, he's in here for that very reason just to piss everyone off.

I'm actually not trying to piss anyone off. I just can't believe people are trying to blame anyone but Kobe for this loss. The truth is the truth. I don't understand why people are trying so hard to deny it. Like, why? Am I supposed to come in here like "This is Ron Artest's fault. He's clearly the reason we lost"? That's not the truth.

images

Dude does this same stuff in the zkvi thread...

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

I think Odem does need more minutes, but what I would like to see is getting Bynum more involved earlier. When that dude gets fired up your gonna have a monster on your hands.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Stop replying to this dude, he's in here for that very reason just to piss everyone off.

I'm actually not trying to piss anyone off. I just can't believe people are trying to blame anyone but Kobe for this loss. The truth is the truth. I don't understand why people are trying so hard to deny it. Like, why? Am I supposed to come in here like "This is Ron Artest's fault. He's clearly the reason we lost"? That's not the truth.

images

Dude does this same stuff in the zkvi thread...

Back
Top Bottom