[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Mavs have no chance, that was your best game and we just coughed it up again cause of just shooting too many jumpshots. It's hilarious how many haters come in, some of you guys are funny, most of you are not. It'll be fine, being down 1-0 isnt a death sentence, especially to a weak-$!% team like the Mavs. Back-ended sweep on the way.
It's things like this that makes me hate your fanbase, Lakers fans.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Same here...

Mavs have no chance, that was your best game and we just coughed it up again cause of just shooting too many jumpshots. It's hilarious how many haters come in, some of you guys are funny, most of you are not. It'll be fine, being down 1-0 isnt a death sentence, especially to a weak-$!% team like the Mavs. Back-ended sweep on the way.

Im on my iPad so I can't post smilies but lol.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

With you being a Heat fan/suporter, do you have any idea how laughable that post is? The Heat can't spell clutch. Their season worst game deciding title belt can attest to that.

With you being a Heat fan/suporter, do you have any idea how laughable that post is? The Heat can't spell clutch. Their season worst game deciding title belt can attest to that.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

you cant be seriously right? the mavs are not a weak team at most there bench comes off as one of the strongest in the NBA. just sit back and enjoy the series. at the end we'll see whos the better team.

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

you cant be seriously right? the mavs are not a weak team at most there bench comes off as one of the strongest in the NBA. just sit back and enjoy the series. at the end we'll see whos the better team.

Self proclaimed Laker hater checking in.

Mavs have no chance?

Mavs win game 2.

Quote me.

See you Wednesday night.

Self proclaimed Laker hater checking in.

Mavs have no chance?

Mavs win game 2.

Quote me.

See you Wednesday night.

Don't get it twisted at all, JA. I detest the Mavs as well. ..but I detest the Lakers more
laugh.gif

It's just I really think Gasol is the key for LAL, and he's been inconsistent all playoffs. Which is why, I think the Lakers, and their fans, are in for a rude awakening. They just don't know it. ..which brings me glee.

Yeah, ok, maybe the Lakers gave the game away, but at the end of the day, Kobe was the only reason they got out to that big a lead. No way, no how Kobe drains jumpers like how he did last night. Dude was on fire, shooting long jumpers. How many easy shots did Kobe have at the rim? One? Two? Peep his shot chart. Good luck trying to replicate that. Hero Kobe, ball dominant Kobe, can only equate to bad things for LAL.

And Charles is right. Dirk is the best player on the floor. (Not to say Kobe isn't great, he is, but Dirk will post you up, drive, hit 3's and goes to the line. And is a closer...consistently)

Don't get it twisted at all, JA. I detest the Mavs as well. ..but I detest the Lakers more
laugh.gif

It's just I really think Gasol is the key for LAL, and he's been inconsistent all playoffs. Which is why, I think the Lakers, and their fans, are in for a rude awakening. They just don't know it. ..which brings me glee.

Yeah, ok, maybe the Lakers gave the game away, but at the end of the day, Kobe was the only reason they got out to that big a lead. No way, no how Kobe drains jumpers like how he did last night. Dude was on fire, shooting long jumpers. How many easy shots did Kobe have at the rim? One? Two? Peep his shot chart. Good luck trying to replicate that. Hero Kobe, ball dominant Kobe, can only equate to bad things for LAL.

And Charles is right. Dirk is the best player on the floor. (Not to say Kobe isn't great, he is, but Dirk will post you up, drive, hit 3's and goes to the line. And is a closer...consistently)

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Bryant Shooting 28 Percent In Postseason Clutch Situations[/h3]
May 03, 2011 1:11 PM EDT

Bryant_Kobe_lal_091115.jpg

Kobe Bryant has missed his last five game-tying or go-ahead postseason field goal attempts in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime.

For his postseason career, Bryant is 7-for-25 (28.0 percent) on potential go-ahead or game-tying field goal attempts in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime.

The league average on these shots over Bryant’s career (since the 1997 playoffs) is about 28.1 percent.

Via Alok Pattani/ESPN.com

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...In_Postseason_Clutch_Situations#ixzz1LKA4UtWg

Do you know about stastics and the Simpson Paradox. The best surgeons often times have the highest death rate, the best soldiers are most likely to die, the best attornies loss a lot of cases, the best teachers end up with a lot of "F" students. The reason is that the best at what they take on the toughest situations.

Everyone of Kobe's potential game winners or go aheads are always contested, he has to create that shot and those hots are often times long threes. Those pressure shots taken by others are often times spot up jumpers where your feet are set or they are layups that your star teammate created for you. Despite all of that, Kobe makes long range, contested and off balance shots as often as guys who get layups and shot jumpers.

Thank you for proving the assertion that Kobe is the best closer in the game today.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Bryant Shooting 28 Percent In Postseason Clutch Situations[/h3]
May 03, 2011 1:11 PM EDT

Bryant_Kobe_lal_091115.jpg

Kobe Bryant has missed his last five game-tying or go-ahead postseason field goal attempts in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime.

For his postseason career, Bryant is 7-for-25 (28.0 percent) on potential go-ahead or game-tying field goal attempts in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime.

The league average on these shots over Bryant’s career (since the 1997 playoffs) is about 28.1 percent.

Via Alok Pattani/ESPN.com

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...In_Postseason_Clutch_Situations#ixzz1LKA4UtWg

Do you know about stastics and the Simpson Paradox. The best surgeons often times have the highest death rate, the best soldiers are most likely to die, the best attornies loss a lot of cases, the best teachers end up with a lot of "F" students. The reason is that the best at what they take on the toughest situations.

Everyone of Kobe's potential game winners or go aheads are always contested, he has to create that shot and those hots are often times long threes. Those pressure shots taken by others are often times spot up jumpers where your feet are set or they are layups that your star teammate created for you. Despite all of that, Kobe makes long range, contested and off balance shots as often as guys who get layups and shot jumpers.

Thank you for proving the assertion that Kobe is the best closer in the game today.

You can say the technical on Dirk should have swung the other way. Artest pushed Dirk all the way to the middle of the paint, and Dirk retaliated. Should have been a foul on Artest to begin with. It wasn't called.
You won't get any sympathy from us on that one, we lost a game with that type of play.  K-Mart shoved Lamar into the 2nd row in the last week of the season and it wasn't called.  If they'da called Artest I woulda lost it. 
laugh.gif

You can say the technical on Dirk should have swung the other way. Artest pushed Dirk all the way to the middle of the paint, and Dirk retaliated. Should have been a foul on Artest to begin with. It wasn't called.
You won't get any sympathy from us on that one, we lost a game with that type of play.  K-Mart shoved Lamar into the 2nd row in the last week of the season and it wasn't called.  If they'da called Artest I woulda lost it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
I'm not asking for sympathy.
laugh.gif

I'm just saying, there were calls that should have been called, that weren't. You can't do what Artest did (uproot) on a FT attempt. All I was trying to say. I wasn't complaining about it, it's whatever. When it happened, I said Dirk was stupid for swinging.

Was just trying to point out if some Lakers fans (not you), want to get all ticky-tack about calls, so can we.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
I'm not asking for sympathy.
laugh.gif

I'm just saying, there were calls that should have been called, that weren't. You can't do what Artest did (uproot) on a FT attempt. All I was trying to say. I wasn't complaining about it, it's whatever. When it happened, I said Dirk was stupid for swinging.

Was just trying to point out if some Lakers fans (not you), want to get all ticky-tack about calls, so can we.
laugh.gif

There's always gonna be small meaningless no calls/or calls that shouldn't be, or even should be made.  Probably dozens.  But fans should learn to let go of that @#$% 

Last night was yet another example of a team not caring about who had the most free throws, just out and win the damn game.  That's what Dallas did. 

But it will never change, people will always look to the refs to blame for something.......I blame Donaghy. 
laugh.gif

There's always gonna be small meaningless no calls/or calls that shouldn't be, or even should be made.  Probably dozens.  But fans should learn to let go of that @#$% 

Last night was yet another example of a team not caring about who had the most free throws, just out and win the damn game.  That's what Dallas did. 

But it will never change, people will always look to the refs to blame for something.......I blame Donaghy. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
it goes both ways

you mavs fans are acting like you won the series already and sensitive laker fans are gonna catch feelings

Funny thing is, I kinda like the Lakers.
laugh.gif

Just as you said, I like the Mavericks more
I like the mavs too but the fans irritate me sometimes. But I can not come to dislike the mavs other than JJ BAREA. Whenever the lakers do not make it I usually root for the mavs to my disappointment
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
it goes both ways

you mavs fans are acting like you won the series already and sensitive laker fans are gonna catch feelings

Funny thing is, I kinda like the Lakers.
laugh.gif

Just as you said, I like the Mavericks more
I like the mavs too but the fans irritate me sometimes. But I can not come to dislike the mavs other than JJ BAREA. Whenever the lakers do not make it I usually root for the mavs to my disappointment
30t6p3b.gif

Who has acted like we won the series?

Everyone in here still thinking we're gonna lose in 5 or 6 other than Franchise.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom