[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i dunno about you guys havin the best bench in the league though
laugh.gif

Statistically the Mavs have the best bench in the league. http://www.hoopsstats.com...amstats/11/7/diffeff/1-1

Who are you trying to say is better? Mavs can bring Jet, Peja, Haywood, and Barea. Before Butler got hurt sometimes the bench would consist of Marion, Jet, Haywood, and Barea.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
People think that play where Kobe tripped was a foul on Kidd?

Stop. It.

I wouldn't have called one without calling the other. Neither was MUCH of a foul (Dirk's more so than Kobe's, for sure)..but I'm not big on ball games being determined by acting and/or free throws. Dirk should have had to catch and shoot to take the lead -OR- Kobe should have gotten the same weak #+# call that Dirk got. That was a very weak ending to a very good game though..
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Stop. It.

I wouldn't have called one without calling the other. Neither was MUCH of a foul (Dirk's more so than Kobe's, for sure)..but I'm not big on ball games being determined by acting and/or free throws. Dirk should have had to catch and shoot to take the lead -OR- Kobe should have gotten the same weak #+# call that Dirk got. That was a very weak ending to a very good game though..
30t6p3b.gif

Kobe wasn't fouled at all. I'm glad we beat the refs at their own game.

For those saying kobe is the greatest closer, please enlighten me on how? Stats wise Dirk's number for closing is beyond better and I heard this morning on the radio the exact numbers and had me 
eek.gif
at the difference. Dirk's 4th qt numbers far surpass Kobes but then again we know how the story goes.

Fishy should have taken that last shot or they should have settled for a 2. The 3 Bs are just that..Bs not As. Our bench is the reason we win games and keep on moving forward. Its a team effort not a 2 superstars effort. Pau knows that he has it bad against Dirk and can't compete, but no one wants to help him.

We were off on our 3s yesterday but we will take this slip up and continue to move pass 1 and done boys, soft team, can't get it done when it counts, etc. We will take it all bc as of right now, we have shut up every analyst and laker fan and POPPED that playoff cherry in LA!

GO MAVS GO! 1-0

Kobe wasn't fouled at all. I'm glad we beat the refs at their own game.

For those saying kobe is the greatest closer, please enlighten me on how? Stats wise Dirk's number for closing is beyond better and I heard this morning on the radio the exact numbers and had me 
eek.gif
at the difference. Dirk's 4th qt numbers far surpass Kobes but then again we know how the story goes.

Fishy should have taken that last shot or they should have settled for a 2. The 3 Bs are just that..Bs not As. Our bench is the reason we win games and keep on moving forward. Its a team effort not a 2 superstars effort. Pau knows that he has it bad against Dirk and can't compete, but no one wants to help him.

We were off on our 3s yesterday but we will take this slip up and continue to move pass 1 and done boys, soft team, can't get it done when it counts, etc. We will take it all bc as of right now, we have shut up every analyst and laker fan and POPPED that playoff cherry in LA!

GO MAVS GO! 1-0

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Kobe kept the team in the game honestly... dude hit a bunch of big shots in the 2nd half to keep the Lakers ahead. I thought he played great...

Some of you really don't understand the nature of TEAM basketball. 29 shots, 0 assists, 3 turnovers, jacking up an unnecessary hero shot. If you don't blame Kobe, you not a basketball fan, just a Kobe stan. If LeBron played a PERFECT game then bricked an unnecessary hero shot, there would be 30 threads about how LeBron is the most overrated, unclutch player of all time. Add to it that Kobe took 22 shots by the 3rd quarter and didn't have A SINGLE ASSIST. This loss is on 1 man.

it aint no high school games, kobe doesnt need assists to win games or to impress the coach

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Kobe kept the team in the game honestly... dude hit a bunch of big shots in the 2nd half to keep the Lakers ahead. I thought he played great...

Some of you really don't understand the nature of TEAM basketball. 29 shots, 0 assists, 3 turnovers, jacking up an unnecessary hero shot. If you don't blame Kobe, you not a basketball fan, just a Kobe stan. If LeBron played a PERFECT game then bricked an unnecessary hero shot, there would be 30 threads about how LeBron is the most overrated, unclutch player of all time. Add to it that Kobe took 22 shots by the 3rd quarter and didn't have A SINGLE ASSIST. This loss is on 1 man.

it aint no high school games, kobe doesnt need assists to win games or to impress the coach

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

30t6p3b.gif
The two weren't even close... I'll give you the call on Pau was iffy. Coulda gone either way and I'd have been all for them not calling it..

But Kobe tripping and falling wasn't a foul. No way, no how.

30t6p3b.gif
The two weren't even close... I'll give you the call on Pau was iffy. Coulda gone either way and I'd have been all for them not calling it..

Hansumm making his usual after game appeareance in a Laker loss.

Showed up in threads for 2 losses last series, 25 losses during the regular season, but was ghost for all the wins.
laugh.gif

He's prolly the same person as Onion and all those Lebron stans in here, he even admitted he could just make other user names if he needed too.
laugh.gif
alien.gif

Hansumm making his usual after game appeareance in a Laker loss.

Showed up in threads for 2 losses last series, 25 losses during the regular season, but was ghost for all the wins.
laugh.gif

He's prolly the same person as Onion and all those Lebron stans in here, he even admitted he could just make other user names if he needed too.
laugh.gif
alien.gif

laugh.gif

Stop. It.

30t6p3b.gif

Co-sign......all the foul/no foul talk aside, thats just a bad way to end a game

laugh.gif

Stop. It.

30t6p3b.gif

Co-sign......all the foul/no foul talk aside, thats just a bad way to end a game

30t6p3b.gif

Of course a mavs fan would say this... Even though I'm kinda glad the lakers lost. Neither one of them were fouls... But refs need to be consistent.

30t6p3b.gif

Of course a mavs fan would say this... Even though I'm kinda glad the lakers lost. Neither one of them were fouls... But refs need to be consistent.

The refs did a great job last night.  Both ways.  Nothing needs to even be brought up about them in this game, period. 

The refs did a great job last night.  Both ways.  Nothing needs to even be brought up about them in this game, period. 

refs did nothing wrong last night. they were pretty fair for both sides. lakers just simply gave the win to dallas.

Back
Top Bottom