[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by manny1

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Mavs have no chance, that was your best game and we just coughed it up again cause of just shooting too many jumpshots. It's hilarious how many haters come in, some of you guys are funny, most of you are not. It'll be fine, being down 1-0 isnt a death sentence, especially to a weak-$!% team like the Mavs. Back-ended sweep on the way.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

you cant be seriously right? the mavs are not a weak team at most there bench comes off as one of the strongest in the NBA. just sit back and enjoy the series. at the end we'll see whos the better team.

Haha we shall see today, but in all honesty I don't see much fear in anybody for the Mavs, that's just my opinion haha, you guys are getting butthurt a little too easily. And yea, you guys are weak, and its over. I don't see Dirk as a GREAT leader, he's a good one, but not a championship caliber one. After this series, Cuban will have all the time in the world to be on Shark Tank and Entourage.
wink.gif

But in all seriousness, do you guys really believe you'll win? Given your history? And dont give me this Tyson Chandler has changed us BS either.

Originally Posted by manny1

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Mavs have no chance, that was your best game and we just coughed it up again cause of just shooting too many jumpshots. It's hilarious how many haters come in, some of you guys are funny, most of you are not. It'll be fine, being down 1-0 isnt a death sentence, especially to a weak-$!% team like the Mavs. Back-ended sweep on the way.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

you cant be seriously right? the mavs are not a weak team at most there bench comes off as one of the strongest in the NBA. just sit back and enjoy the series. at the end we'll see whos the better team.

Haha we shall see today, but in all honesty I don't see much fear in anybody for the Mavs, that's just my opinion haha, you guys are getting butthurt a little too easily. And yea, you guys are weak, and its over. I don't see Dirk as a GREAT leader, he's a good one, but not a championship caliber one. After this series, Cuban will have all the time in the world to be on Shark Tank and Entourage.
wink.gif

But in all seriousness, do you guys really believe you'll win? Given your history? And dont give me this Tyson Chandler has changed us BS either.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

i understand they are the 2 time defending champs, but this "invincible" stuff you laker fans talk kills me.

no team is Invincible in professional sports.

It's not invincibility, it's just that you guys don't scare us, hence the "it's just one game" phrases, and you guys are just not better. If you beat us in 4 games I will apologize, but I really really don't think I will have to.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

i understand they are the 2 time defending champs, but this "invincible" stuff you laker fans talk kills me.

no team is Invincible in professional sports.

It's not invincibility, it's just that you guys don't scare us, hence the "it's just one game" phrases, and you guys are just not better. If you beat us in 4 games I will apologize, but I really really don't think I will have to.

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

I still got faith in the Lakers... We got this!

I have Faith in the Mavericks!

As long as we both have faith all is well mjrod.

I honestly think we have what it takes to beat LA. And that is a feeling I've never had but then again this is the first time we've seen each otheer in playoffs.

I honestly think we have what it takes to beat LA. And that is a feeling I've never had but then again this is the first time we've seen each otheer in playoffs.

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

You also said Kobe would struggle against Dallas as he has been all season, clearly you were wrong.

Either way, If I'm Dallas I don't mind Kobe going off as long as Gasol and Odom are ghost. Same with Dirk, I don't really care if he goes off if everyone else is no where to be found.

Last game was terrible for both teams, it didn't even feel like a playoff game. Lets not blame the staples center fans, both teams just played
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

You also said Kobe would struggle against Dallas as he has been all season, clearly you were wrong.

Either way, If I'm Dallas I don't mind Kobe going off as long as Gasol and Odom are ghost. Same with Dirk, I don't really care if he goes off if everyone else is no where to be found.

Last game was terrible for both teams, it didn't even feel like a playoff game. Lets not blame the staples center fans, both teams just played
sick.gif

I've got to stop betting on the Lakers, but just looking at that roster and those matchups I can't help myself sometimes.
30t6p3b.gif

Hopefully Kobe realizes the Lakers don't win when he takes 20 more shots then the next guy.
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

I've got to stop betting on the Lakers, but just looking at that roster and those matchups I can't help myself sometimes.
30t6p3b.gif

Hopefully Kobe realizes the Lakers don't win when he takes 20 more shots then the next guy.
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

i see no reason why we cant take the next 4. but to avoid arrogance, the next 2 for sure. lol

truthfully, you guys didnt beat us in game 1. we beat ourselves. we were crushing you. but instead of stepping on your throats, we pull off of the gas and let you back in, then by the time we shouldve got it in gear our rythym was off. dont act like you guys are really that good though.

Personally, I'd much rather have the team that gets up huge and loses over the team that gets down huge and wins. Mainly because its harder to get the lead than to keep it. Getting the lead takes skill and rythym, keeping it take adjustments on the defense end. We can get large leads on you at any time, all we have to do is make minor adjustments on the defensive end to keep it, whether that means putting the starters back in sooner or using the timeouts better to give guys breaks. You waste alot more energy playing catchup. I dont view you guys as a better team by any means, you just got lucky and caught us slipping, its cool, way to capitalize. Dirk is awesome, but who else is really good on your squad? besides caron...?

I'd also appreciate if they call the game evenly, for both of us. Dont let you do %@#% and not get called, and then call us for it, and vice versa. Definitely need continuity on the officiating.

i see no reason why we cant take the next 4. but to avoid arrogance, the next 2 for sure. lol

truthfully, you guys didnt beat us in game 1. we beat ourselves. we were crushing you. but instead of stepping on your throats, we pull off of the gas and let you back in, then by the time we shouldve got it in gear our rythym was off. dont act like you guys are really that good though.

Personally, I'd much rather have the team that gets up huge and loses over the team that gets down huge and wins. Mainly because its harder to get the lead than to keep it. Getting the lead takes skill and rythym, keeping it take adjustments on the defense end. We can get large leads on you at any time, all we have to do is make minor adjustments on the defensive end to keep it, whether that means putting the starters back in sooner or using the timeouts better to give guys breaks. You waste alot more energy playing catchup. I dont view you guys as a better team by any means, you just got lucky and caught us slipping, its cool, way to capitalize. Dirk is awesome, but who else is really good on your squad? besides caron...?

I'd also appreciate if they call the game evenly, for both of us. Dont let you do %@#% and not get called, and then call us for it, and vice versa. Definitely need continuity on the officiating.

hopefully brown doesnt have the ball in his hands trying to force a fast break while in a half court set. i feel blake didnt have assists partly beacause of shannons ball hoggishness in the 3rd qtr and because they didnt feed the bigs enough. too many threes in the 3rd after the 16 point lead. pau needs to act like a damn man out there and not seem so content with 2 rings. i feel phil should go more pick n roll with pau n bynum beacause i could see the pain in dirks eyes when bynum set those picks n screens n besides NOBODY can stop it. i feel they just got cocky when they went up 16 in the 3rd and i feel this loss was a wakeup call. kobes comments are being taken too pessimisticaly (is this a real word) i think he said that to instill a sense of urgency n hunger. but seriously pau needs to wake up n realize the reg season is over its playoff time. lets get this lakers because dallas just punched you in the mouth. are you bout that life?

oh and props to the mavs they played well during the second half. nice to see yall aint charmin anymore.
laugh.gif

hopefully brown doesnt have the ball in his hands trying to force a fast break while in a half court set. i feel blake didnt have assists partly beacause of shannons ball hoggishness in the 3rd qtr and because they didnt feed the bigs enough. too many threes in the 3rd after the 16 point lead. pau needs to act like a damn man out there and not seem so content with 2 rings. i feel phil should go more pick n roll with pau n bynum beacause i could see the pain in dirks eyes when bynum set those picks n screens n besides NOBODY can stop it. i feel they just got cocky when they went up 16 in the 3rd and i feel this loss was a wakeup call. kobes comments are being taken too pessimisticaly (is this a real word) i think he said that to instill a sense of urgency n hunger. but seriously pau needs to wake up n realize the reg season is over its playoff time. lets get this lakers because dallas just punched you in the mouth. are you bout that life?

oh and props to the mavs they played well during the second half. nice to see yall aint charmin anymore.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

laugh.gif
Wait what?? You would rather have the team lose rather than win. That makes no sense, why would you want a team that consistently blows leads??

Originally Posted by Freeze

laugh.gif
Wait what?? You would rather have the team lose rather than win. That makes no sense, why would you want a team that consistently blows leads??

clearly you missed my point. What I was saying was, I'd rather have the team that can get up huge leads, because at that point its a whole lot easier adjustment to make to close out, as opposed to the team that always having to battle back and play catch up as those wins are usually based on luck. If you get up by huge and lose, it probably means you ran out of gas, and the coach should've rotated better. As it seems in this case, we kept the bench in too long over the players that actually got us the lead.

and where do you get consistently from? Clearly all we can base this arguement on is the present situation, and I was referring to the lakers of game 1.

clearly you missed my point. What I was saying was, I'd rather have the team that can get up huge leads, because at that point its a whole lot easier adjustment to make to close out, as opposed to the team that always having to battle back and play catch up as those wins are usually based on luck. If you get up by huge and lose, it probably means you ran out of gas, and the coach should've rotated better. As it seems in this case, we kept the bench in too long over the players that actually got us the lead.

and where do you get consistently from? Clearly all we can base this arguement on is the present situation, and I was referring to the lakers of game 1.

Back
Top Bottom