Latinos that DONT KNOW SPANISH (so annoying)

I think through a couple of more generations, people will end up losing their second language.
Unless, you try your hardest to keep it, by speaking it constantly around your children, friends, and family.
My nieces and nephews are mixed, and they have lost the language, and they are only second generation. I know I will speak to my kids in Vietnamese firstbecause I want them to have what I had growing up. I'm so glad my parents taught me because I can communicate with my relatives when I go back to visit.

I understand where OP is coming from though because your native language is important in that you get a different point of view by what you learn in anotherlanguage. Speaking Vietnamese, there are words or quotes that have deep deep meanings that can never be translated into English and catch the essence of whatit truly means. I'm pretty sure it goes the same for Spanish or any other second language.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by sn00pee

My Father's father is peurto rican, my father doesnt speak any spanish, i dont speak any spanish.
We didnt live in a spanish speaking environment. nothing wrong with it in that case.
I can see if we lived in southern texas, or cali or something....
Thats understandable tho but when you got heads looking like this

not speaking a lick of spanish then

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
Word to that fool chicles down the street.
laugh.gif

All of a sudden he's americanized cuando era un pinche nopalero jaaja
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That N aint Americanized tho;member those rides in the van back in the days, now...
N_ think hes doing it with that Pyramid scheme tho; ol let me rip u off when i haven't talked to you in years #!+
smh.gif

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

You dudes are something else with all this "off yourself" and "preserve your culture" talk.
laugh.gif

Mexico is my parents' culture, not mine. I grew up in the states, and less than 0.1% of my daily interactions over the past 20 years have required me to speak Spanish.

But nah, I gotta off myself.
laugh.gif
Nah you good as long as you know that F it im speak english
If anyone comes up to you and talks spanish youl respond in spanish right? (i hope
laugh.gif
)
Dont try to front like "excuse me, what did you just say?"
You feel what im trying to say?

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

4.your parents are americanized (weak)
laugh.gif

A lot of time this happens is because immigrant parents (not limited to Hispanics) who already speak English (usually came as students) will speak only Englishto their young children so they won't have problems in school.

That's how it happened to my 2nd cousins.
ohwell.gif

You dudes are something else with all this "off yourself" and "preserve your culture" talk.
laugh.gif

Mexico is my parents' culture, not mine. I grew up in the states, and less than 0.1% of my daily interactions over the past 20 years have required me to speak Spanish.

laugh.gif
If anyone comes up to you and talks spanish youl respond in spanish right? (i hope
laugh.gif
)
Of course. If someone addresses me in Spanish, I'll respond in Spanish (to the best of my ability).

If I don't know how to say something, I'll ask for help or say it in English (most of my family is bilingual/fluent in English).

I'm not gonna front like I don't speak Spanish at all. That would be stupid.
laugh.gif

I'm just keeping it real by admitting that I suck at speaking Spanish, and questioning these dudes that say I'm less of a Latino than they are becauseof that.
smh.gif

Hell naw theres too many people speakin spanish.

I hate it when people come here to live and cant speak English. Its the language of America, speak it.

Yes im mad. One of my biggest pet peeves, people not speaking English.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)
Of course. If someone addresses me in Spanish, I'll respond in Spanish (to the best of my ability).

If I don't know how to say something, I'll ask for help or say it in English (most of my family is bilingual/fluent in English).

I'm not gonna front like I don't speak Spanish at all. That would be stupid.
laugh.gif

I'm just keeping it real by admitting that I suck at speaking Spanish, and questioning these dudes that say I'm less of a Latino than they are because of that.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Cheto, el "Schwarzenegger de Michoacan"
For sure i feel what your saying, but you have them Mexicans looking straight out Inditos not "understanding" what one says in spanish
indifferent.gif
come on now

I wish I was fluent in Spanish. One set of Grandparents on my Dads side came here from Mexico and so my Dad speaks spanish but I wasntaround any of them often enough growing up to pick up the language. When I was around them they spoke english. My other set of Great-Grandparents from my Momsside came here from Spain but my Grandpa on my Moms side refused to speak spanish. He said were in America, We speak english. Cus of that my Mom never learnedSpanish. In College I took a year of Spanish and from that I know a decent amount but not as much as id like. I think everyone should be bilingual whethertheir second language be Chinese, Spanish, French, etc...

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I hate it when people come here to live and cant speak English. Its the language of America, speak it.

There is no official language in the US, sorry.

If you're mad why don't you write a letter to the government and tell them to stop having Spanish driver license applications, Spanish customer serviceon the phone, and other such things.

If you're mad why don't you write a letter to the government and tell them to stop having Spanish driver license applications, Spanish customer service on the phone, and other such things.
i should, i cant stand going to a fast food resturaunt but cant order because the lady dosent know what im saying.

Hispanics that don't try to improve they're spanish if they were born in da states is doin themselves

A diservice...and whoever said they was 100% mexican but its their parents culture and not urz... :stoneface

Straight selling out ur whole race talking like that...ur parents sacrified to have you born here...da LEAST you can

do is learn about your background and appreciate your culture..you share a unique perspective that americans born

here don't have...so don't take it for granted.

If you're mad why don't you write a letter to the government and tell them to stop having Spanish driver license applications, Spanish customer service on the phone, and other such things.
i should, i cant stand going to a fast food resturaunt but cant order because the lady dosent know what im saying.
and how do you think a mexican immigrant with limited english skills feels when he goes to any number of places and they don't understand hisspanish?

i'm not saying we should make everyone learn spanish or anything, but seriously that's quite a minor inconvenience, and nobody is legally required tospeak english.

Im not saying your required to know English.

Im just saying the Majority by alot speaks English, and its been like that since forever.
If someones gonna live here i thought it would be reasonable to try and learn English.

Vacations and visiting n what not is reasonable, but living here and working here i think you should learn English.

If i moved to Japan and started working at McDonalds. Tons of people come to order but we cant comprehend eachother. You dont think theyd get frustrated?

Some people here are missing the point. The OP is referring to 1st-3rd generation US Latinos who probably speak fluent English but not a lick a Spanish. A lotof you sound real foolish and ignorant ranting about people who don't speak English when that's not the OP's intention.

I myself see where the OP is coming from. I was raised by my mother and she speaks very little English so I was raised speaking Spanish at home. I stillmanaged to learn English and I am very fluent with both. Not going to lie, my reading and writing in Spanish aren't as good as they are in English but I dodamn good job speaking it.

My father and his ex-wife(not my Mother) were both immigrants but were pretty Americanized and they never really spoke Spanish in their household and now mythree half siblings somewhat struggle with the language. They can defend themselves but they aren't as fluent as I(not trying to gloat about it). My unclesaren't very fond of my father because of it. His three brothers that live here raised all their children to speak Spanish, and they all speak fluentEnglish as well.

I think it's very important to know your culture's language. You never know when you're going to use it. I mean especially in NY when you got somemany Latin cultures in a small area sometimes it can go a long way.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

AMERICA did not have or should not have an official language because english was certainly not the first language spoken here. So no, no one should be obligated to speak english, of course it helps to learn it but obligating people is just absurd.
and im pretty sure you could say that about every country... so your logic is flawed.

Im Hispanic and I dont speak ANY type of spanish, but I understand it. I spoke it when I was little and I guess I didnt really care for it anymore and justforgot about it, I mean it shouldnt be ANNOYING to you, because Im usually ANNOYED when they only know spanish and dont care to speak english

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

you know whats annoying, spanish people that always speak spanish,in america... even though they know how to speak perfect english ... they still speak spanish to eachother.

btw, i am half spanish.
great...we got self hatin hispanics here too......
indifferent.gif

being hispanic and not knowin spanish or any other native language is really wack to me.

its one old school reason dominicans resent puerto ricans...they become americanized, lose they culture and end up being castrated hispanics..
smh.gif
ninjahood you cool peoples and all but I'm almost 100% positive you yourself don't speak too good spanish
grin.gif
Typical self-conscious latino in USA who can't hold his own in anintelligent conversation in spanish

%@%# outta here
grin.gif

no offense tho
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom