Latinos that DONT KNOW SPANISH (so annoying)

EDITAR: No soy muy inteligente.
mad.gif

[color= rgb(0, 153, 255)]Both my parents are U.S citizens (both born in Mexico) and they never tried tokeep me from learning Spanish. I'm going to do the same with my kids, Spanish first. English gets picked up with school, friends, and other interactions..that was how I learned English.[/color] [color= rgb(0, 153, 255)]Knowing your parents first or"native" language helps a lot especially when meeting family members who are either in or out of the U.S.,[/color] like [color= rgb(0, 153, 255)]that visiting Grandma from Mexico, the Aunt you haven't seen in a while, etc.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 153, 255)]More on topic though... I find myself usually SMH most of the time at"cholos" who rep the Mexican colors hard but speak weak %!+ Spanish or none at all[/color]
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

Some people here are missing the point. The OP is referring to 1st-3rd generation US Latinos who probably speak fluent English but not a lick a Spanish. A lot of you sound real foolish and ignorant ranting about people who don't speak English when that's not the OP's intention.

I myself see where the OP is coming from. I was raised by my mother and she speaks very little English so I was raised speaking Spanish at home. I still managed to learn English and I am very fluent with both. Not going to lie, my reading and writing in Spanish aren't as good as they are in English but I do damn good job speaking it.

My father and his ex-wife(not my Mother) were both immigrants but were pretty Americanized and they never really spoke Spanish in their household and now my three half siblings somewhat struggle with the language. They can defend themselves but they aren't as fluent as I(not trying to gloat about it). My uncles aren't very fond of my father because of it. His three brothers that live here raised all their children to speak Spanish, and they all speak fluent English as well.

I think it's very important to know your culture's language. You never know when you're going to use it. I mean especially in NY when you got some many Latin cultures in a small area sometimes it can go a long way.

exactly

Originally Posted by nick0lis

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

AMERICA did not have or should not have an official language because english was certainly not the first language spoken here. So no, no one should be obligated to speak english, of course it helps to learn it but obligating people is just absurd.
and im pretty sure you could say that about every country... so your logic is flawed.

none that I know like the US, please name one.

the US was settle by IMMIGRANTS (for those who didnt know) of many cultures and different languages. You have the 13 colonies of Great Britain, a lot of thesouthwest owned by the Spaniards, and part of the south which was owned by the French except Florida which was Spanish. 3 different major languages.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

AMERICA did not have or should not have an official language because english was certainly not the first language spoken here. So no, no one should be obligated to speak english, of course it helps to learn it but obligating people is just absurd.
and im pretty sure you could say that about every country... so your logic is flawed.

none that I know like the US, please name one.

the US was settle by IMMIGRANTS (for those who didnt know) of many cultures and different languages. You have the 13 colonies of Great Britain, a lot of the southwest owned by the Spaniards, and part of the south which was owned by the French except Florida which was Spanish. 3 different major languages.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

I understand where OP is coming from though because your native language is important in that you get a different point of view by what you learn in another language. Speaking Vietnamese, there are words or quotes that have deep deep meanings that can never be translated into English and catch the essence of what it truly means. I'm pretty sure it goes the same for Spanish or any other second language.
^ Agreed

Knowing another language can't hurt. Why not take advantage and pick one up if your parents speak it?

I also think it has something to do with people born here trying to distinguish themselves from the FOBs of their ethnicity...

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

you know whats annoying, spanish people that always speak spanish,in america... even though they know how to speak perfect english ... they still speak spanish to eachother.

btw, i am half spanish.
great...we got self hatin hispanics here too......
indifferent.gif

being hispanic and not knowin spanish or any other native language is really wack to me.

its one old school reason dominicans resent puerto ricans...they become americanized, lose they culture and end up being castrated hispanics..
smh.gif
ninjahood you cool peoples and all but I'm almost 100% positive you yourself don't speak too good spanish
grin.gif
Typical self-conscious latino in USA who can't hold his own in an intelligent conversation in spanish

%@%# outta here
grin.gif

no offense tho
laugh.gif
at least i try, and i understand 100% of da spanish thats spoken to me...im at a point that all i got to do is read more spanish to learn morewords to use alot more effectively in conversation.

and your talkin to a guy speaks english everywhere but da house.

my kids will definiately know spanish..hell my kids are gonna know spanish, english and imma push for a 3rd language.

Hispanics that don't try to improve they're spanish if they were born in da states is doin themselves

A diservice...and whoever said they was 100% mexican but its their parents culture and not urz... :stoneface

Straight selling out ur whole race talking like that...ur parents sacrified to have you born here...da LEAST you can

do is learn about your background and appreciate your culture..you share a unique perspective that americans born

here don't have...so don't take it for granted.
laugh.gif
@ selling out my race.

I respect where you're coming from, but America is my culture.

In all honesty, my heritage has nothing to do with the perception that I have of my self; it doesn't affect who I am.

I mean, am I the only one that doesn't view race as a significant descriptor of a person?

I tell people that I'm Mexican, but they don't believe me and think that I'm White anyway.
laugh.gif
My race doesn't define me.

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by sn00pee

My Father's father is peurto rican, my father doesnt speak any spanish, i dont speak any spanish.
We didnt live in a spanish speaking environment. nothing wrong with it in that case.
I can see if we lived in southern texas, or cali or something....
Thats understandable tho but when you got heads looking like this
julian-w-indios.JPG

not speaking a lick of spanish then

indifferent.gif
smh.gif

i know where you're coming from my dude!
roll.gif
roll.gif

I hate that !%%% too. "They act like they forgot that they look like nopales and frijoles"

Originally Posted by HisRoyalFreshness69

Originally Posted by the north west

I just can not stand the minorities who are completely white washed

those people sicken me
co-sign
Ninjahood, judging by pictures you post of yourself, a lot of people could say you act/dress black.

DRs call that cocolo right?

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Latinos that don't speak english is annoying as well.

At least try.

Thank you. This is America why the hell should you speak spanish?

Are you guys serious or are you ignorant?
Please pick one.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

At least try.

Thank you. This is America why the hell should you speak spanish?

Are you guys serious or are you ignorant?
Please pick one.
Both.

And Dirty, he's not going to answer you.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

At least try.

I agree with this regarding Latinos that live in the U.S. The U.S. is an English speaking country. Don't mind people speaking Spanish. Hell, I can speakit, but I definitely know and speak my English in this country.

anyways,im super light skinned but i'm cuban/mexican.
people confuse me for a white guy everytime they meet me.

I always thought u were more Paul Wall
and less Pit Bull. *no shots*

I gave up trying to learn it. I could communicate with Spanish speakers to a point, but not fully. It would be nice to know the language, but I just can't.I guess I get a
indifferent.gif

What's the point as long as they know English?
laugh.gif

But I think everyone should make an effort to learn another language, it doesn't necessarily have to be the language their ancestors know.

Originally Posted by the north west

I just can not stand the minorities who are completely white washed

those people sicken me
co-sign
Ignorant. Your acting like white people haven't come from different cultures and have had their own languages.

Back
Top Bottom