LC 2011 XI Concords

I picked up some pairs from a guy who owns his own sneaker store here, so I figured I would be safe. I went to the store to get them, and he was being a little shady. Gave him the $290 for each pair, and rode out. When I inspected them, noticed a few things that stood out to me:

• I could immediately smell the shoes. They definitely smell like really strong chemicals. I guess it must be the glue.
  • Also, the shoes came in a plastic bag. Unless the guy personally puts them in a bag, JB definitely didn't.
  • Also, the plastic insert came wrapped in a plastic. When I was looking at them, he ripped the plastic off the insert. I've never heard of this happening before.
  • I noticed the soles were a darker tint of blue than I had seen in pictures.
  • Production dates on the tag are from 7/12/2011 - 9/21/2011.
 Against my better judgement, I still bought them because he's what I presumed to be a pretty reputable guy. When I got home and looked at them, I decided they were fakes/early release pairs. I called him up and he agreed to give me a refund. I'm providing some pictures so you guys can see the pairs. The smell on these is strong that it can stink up an entire room. They smell like the 01 Bred XI's (which had a weird smell), but a whole lot stronger. The pictures don't really show how dark the tint is because of the flash. And sorry for the size. I had scaled down the picture size on my camera so I don't know what happened. Maybe Tinypic resizes or something.

104ey5u.jpg

1rd75c.jpg

2zghvyg.jpg

25mv9.jpg

saxf77.jpg

mbk1aa.jpg

2ahxo2s.jpg

2v284k5.jpg

2cq0e2o.jpg

9qy7m0.jpg

2ngzmkx.jpg

o06jba.jpg

wlsydl.jpg

wlsydl.jpg

mav41x.jpg

sawahz.jpg

seqb75.jpg

166njfp.jpg

24n47l2.jpg

29vglfb.jpg

29vzz8n.jpg

opsea0.jpg

2z6guub.jpg

The sad part is that i can't tell if these are early release or fakes..

• The patent leather looks bad. Quality wise. No shine to it, looks dull.
  • The actual cut part on the PL looks like they cut it with scissors.. there are little fuzzes sticking off of it, both of my RD pairs are clean cut. Like laser flat clean.
  • The jumpman is one of the big things i noticed. Especially his left arm, the one pointing down. Extremely thin. On both pairs. Checked my RD pairs for you, and mine look thick, noticeably thicker than that.
  • Another big thing is the white circle under the icey sole on the bottom of the shoe.. the one in the back is not aligned with the purple design loop if you know what I mean. I wish i could point it out to you in person.
  • ALSO, I just noticed this after looking at the pictures again. The colored designs on the bottom of your soles look blue in the pictures. Very very blue. They should be purple (obviously), but idk if it was just the flash. Not a blue-+!$ purple, not a hint of blue in it. Straight purple.
I would return these if I were you. Wouldn't chance them being fakes, but if you want to settle for them, it's your money. I say they're fakes. Some people may call them early release / b grades. To me, those early release pairs that have huge defects like the ones I can see on your pairs are just as bad as fakes. Sorry fam
frown.gif

just compared to my pair for about 30 minutes and its hard to tell. i wear a smaller size than you so not everything is going to be exactly the same with our shoes but the things i noticed were the jumpans arms on yours are skinny - but they DO have four fingers, which is right; i agree with spizike that the cut of your PL looks sloppy, mine is smooth across the top; everything that is concord appears to be blue in your photos, even the jumpan on the tounge (could be from flash?); the tag on the box and barcode is right; is there a number stamped IN the box? aside from that though, what stands out the most to me is your description of how the shoes and shoetrees came in plastic bags; thats not how the shoes were sent to footlocker, champs, footaction etc.

i cant be for sure, but im going to say high quality fakes.

BTW production dates on mine are 7/13/11 9/13/11

Originally Posted by southwestern

is there a number stamped IN the box?

That doesnt matter. I bought my pair from NikeTown Chicago and i have no stamp inside the box.

IDK something about these make me wonder. The patent on these seems like dull or plastic material, granted the retros aren't patent leather like the OG's but still looks weird. The jumpmans ball on the sole seem to be over pass the ridges on the right shoes that I seen on release date concords. But besides those things they look legit.

I'm seriously debating whether they are fake or not. If it's not for the smell, I wouldn't really tell. It could be that his supplier ships them in the ziploc bags, or maybe he puts them in himself. He's the manager of an extremely legit boutique down here, and he's always doing video reviews and whatnot. He just started his own website and everything, so I was completely shocked to think that these are fake.

Back
Top Bottom