LeBron 21

Basketball shoes are supposed to be available and go on sale, sitting and discounts are a good thing for consumers and aren’t an indication that the product is bad.

The last 5 years of sneaker culture has fried people’s brains
Thank you. Like why do we want it to be hard to get/sell out? Find it weird when the first thing someone says is, “well these are sitting…” Why is it weird they’re available? Lol

People needs sellouts, Nike needs sellouts to feed into the scarcity of the product.

If it's readily available, then people lose interest and don't value the product as much and will no longer desire it.

Once they're readily available and easily obtainable, people don't feel as special about them and the interest dissipates.

And the prices drop.

Examples

1697924617239.jpeg

1697924662190.jpeg

My ***

Like was mentioned earlier. Basketball shoes are supposed to be readily available. Lebron sigs had their best sales in a minute with the XX and the NXXT. Only two sold out and they were limited/preheats. What you’re describing is essentially hypebeasting which was prominent during those initial runs of even the OG south beach.

Jordan retros, while they still may sell, can still be had for little over retail weeks after release.

I’d be interested to know which nets you more money. Hype, low volume releases? Or a general release purpose built product?

I find the Kobe line insufferable right now due to the hype beasting. Crazy thing is kids and young adults want to play in them.

What I'm describing is the mentality of people who state that shoes are sitting etc.

It's different from what you're talking about.

I’d be interested to know which nets you more money. Hype, low volume releases? Or a general release purpose built product?

I find the Kobe line insufferable right now due to the hype beasting. Crazy thing is kids and young adults want to play in them.
The Kobe line drives me nuts right now too. Kobe’s were my favorite to play in. Have to run and jump through hoops to get a pair ain’t it. Always wanted a pair of Grinch’s and was excited about the Protro. Missed out on release day and my sz 13 is going for about a grand :smh:

People who were around buying nike basketball product in that second golden era (2007ish to like 2013) will remember that even back then not every pair sold out, multiple colorways sat and sales/clearance pickups happened.

Nike could easily manipulate perception of scarcity by doing fake sellouts but it just doesn't make sense to do that for performance basketball when hype doesn't drive that part of the market for most sneaker consumers anymore. If people want something hyped or rare they're buying collabs, not performance basketball. The metrics for success in the performance basketball sector in 2023 is probably units moved, market share, and maybe reputation for performance/quality.

the mark up on these shoes is crazy. So fake selling out don’t benefit Nike imo. Unless Nike as a company are the ones flooding resale shops. So Nike selling at a discount is still crazy profitable for shoes that ****. Hell Nike didnt reward Bron with a lifetime contract for nothing

Played in them again today. I agree.
They’re great.
I found that they broke in a little faster than the 20.

Last edited:
Played in them again today. I agree.
They’re great.
I found that they broke in a little faster than the 20.
Yep. The cushlon 2.0 is softer, the lateral guard rail is just cushlon vs the more sturdy foam last year. The carbon plate removed also makes for a quicker break in period. I think I still prefer the LeBron 20 but imo you can’t go wrong with either….especially the 20 with the sales that can be had.

What I'm describing is the mentality of people who state that shoes are sitting etc.

It's different from what you're talking about.
Yeah whether intentional or not those type of posts reek of hater vibes... especially when there's an emphasis on the signature player (No one's buying those Lebrons, them Ja's are gonna sit, etc stuff like that)

Fact of the matter is most GR bball shoes are going to sit...regardless of the player. Those with a really high price point like LBJ's, current Jordan sigs, KD's, etc are even more likely not to move units at retail. But not sure if I really see snarky comments in those threads, although I don't visit them as much as I do this one.

Again - buy what you want when you want to. Nobody cares whether you paid $75 for them or $275, or whether you got them release day or months/years later. If you like a pair and nobody else does, cool. If you hate a pair and everyone else likes it, cool too. People want to be snarky almost as if they feel the need to be defensive or explain themselves- trust me when we say we don’t care 😂

Yeah whether intentional or not those type of posts reek of hater vibes... especially when there's an emphasis on the signature player (No one's buying those Lebrons, them Ja's are gonna sit, etc stuff like that)

Fact of the matter is most GR bball shoes are going to sit...regardless of the player. Those with a really high price point like LBJ's, current Jordan sigs, KD's, etc are even more likely not to move units at retail. But not sure if I really see snarky comments in those threads, although I don't visit them as much as I do this one.

I agree and good post.

Back
Top Bottom