Lebron and his "posse"

I didn't take it as racial, but it's definitely condescending. To me it seemed like posse in this sense pretty much regulated a business partner to a "yes man" or weed carrier.

So lebrons posse from high school is what made him a billionaire ?

Granted he is a great player but when u go to home city u want to hang out with your "bros"

I don't find anything racial about it...ESPN/media will blow it up because he is lebron

That isn't all Phil said to garner the reaction you're seeing from Bron X Carter.... I'm pretty sure they're aware of previous PJ statements like;

"I don't mean to say [that] as a snide remark toward a certain population in our society, but they have a limitation of their attention span, a lot of it probably due to too much rap music going in their ears and coming out their being."

"I think it's important that the players take their end of it, get out of the prison garb and the thuggery aspect of basketball that has come along with hip-hop music in the last seven or eight years."

Last edited:
Sports media sucks. Never knew someone saying posse would cause a big discussion. Like someone said phil was being condescending. More doesn't need to be said but it'll be a topic on shows the whole week.

Lebrons boy said something

And Lebron had to go to bat for him cause that's what you do for your best friends

I think if mav doesn't say anything then lebron is a little more PC

Vernon Little from Ballers has a posse/entourage.

I wouldn't call klutch sports and maverick does entourage work

I never watched the show, so can you elaborate by what you meant by this?

-----
Maverick Carter negotiated a billion dollar contract man...

Rich and klutch sports represent a wide array of athletes including John wall, and #1 pick Ben Simmons. .

These are professional and successful businessman in every aspect of the word...I think they've long left the "posse" stage...

Lebron is giving out scholarships in Akron like nino brown gave away turkeys on thanksgiving....I'm sure his "posse" was knee deep in negotiating that...

Bron is playing chess, he saw this salary cap jump coming years away, and he negotiated accordingly by taking 1 year deals until he can get the biggest contact ever....maverick Carter gets credit there...

This is a team of successful businessman...they deserve to be respected as one...they've put in WORK!!!

Last edited:
Phil referring to Lebron and his boys as a "posse" doesn't diminish what they've accomplished. Maverick and especially Lebron are being overly sensitive about the issue especially considering the fact that at the end of the day, those are lebron's childhood friends. They ARE his posse. As a black man, I've heard me and my friends referred to as worse. Him and his boys being referred to as a posse and still being essentially the top of his sport is reaffirmation that yeah, you're black their will be some hate, but you getting hated on by Phil Jackson, the greatest coach in sports history. You're doing something right. Stop focusing on what others have to say about you. But that's always been Lebron's problem.

Also, these are carried over feelings from when Phil crowned Lebron's fundamental. For a dude who still wants to be like Mike, having Mike's coach clown your basketball acumen may be a little disheartening...

It doesnt but it doesnt change the fact that Phil attempted to do just that, and to top it off it wasn't even necessary when you look at the full context of the situation he was referencing. Posse or Entourage... its still an attempt to disrespect.

I said earlier I didnt think Bron nem shouldnt have reacted so publicly but you have to put yourselves in their shoes and look at the current timing.

Because he was active during the presidential campaign, I think the blow up from his camp has a lil bit to do with him(them) being still sensitive about the election results--just like a lot of us are, coupled with this being a long running attitude toward them as they ascend.

Any other time, I feel like they may let this go on a public level. But these comments coming a week after America elected an internet troll who has said and done disrespectful things to minorities, I would prolly speak up to if Im feeling slighted as a black man in the least bit right now. America just tried to diminish multiple racial groups, I can understand him not accepting phil trying to do that to his camp, when its the furthest thing from the truth.

Vernon Little from Ballers has a posse/entourage.

I wouldn't call klutch sports and maverick does entourage work

I never watched the show, so can you elaborate by what you meant by this?

-----
Maverick Carter negotiated a billion dollar contract man...

Rich and klutch sports represent a wide array of athletes including John wall, and #1 pick Ben Simmons. .

These are professional and successful businessman in every aspect of the word...I think they've long left the "posse" stage...

Lebron is giving out scholarships in Akron like nino brown gave away turkeys on thanksgiving....I'm sure his "posse" was knee deep in negotiating that...

Bron is playing chess, he saw this salary cap jump coming years away, and he negotiated accordingly by taking 1 year deals until he can get the biggest contact ever....maverick Carter gets credit there...

This is a team of successful businessman...they deserve to be respected as one...they've put in WORK!!!

Vernon is a DT for the cowboys the Rock's character represents. He butted heads with the Rock and the financial team was a cancer. They have another guy that wear shades and a bucket hat who is basically the weed man/ get the pros at the party guy.

I don't have a problem with calling a spade a spade. AI had an entourage that bled him and didn't bother trying to save him from himself. Phil calling Lebrons associates a posse is like calling a principal an ISS aide.

If you don't speak up for yourself, no one will.

Phil been a condescending prick for years. He's a big boy. If he can dish out unwarranted criticism, I'm sure he'll survive.

So lebrons posse from high school is what made him a billionaire ?

Granted he is a great player but when u go to home city u want to hang out with your "bros"

I don't find anything racial about it...ESPN/media will blow it up because he is lebron

When did lebron become a billionaire?

**** LeBron.

**** his ***** *** ***** made agent Carter with his ol sensitive ***.

Taking umbrage over the word posse :rofl: Sound like a ******* clown.
You Mad. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

phil has a history of wild remarks towards young black men

he knew what he was doing

dudes let their dislike for LeBron cloud their judgement

go read scoop jackson's article on phil if you think this is a one time slip of the tongue

I've seen a bunch of young black dudes tripping over themselves to defend phil too which is sad

Who gives a crap. Dismiss whatever Phil Jack is saying.

Step above all that Lebron. Youre a billionaire, your friends are millionaires and youre the GOAT athlete both in the NBA and to ever come out of Akron.

Back
Top Bottom