LeBron Backs out of dunk contest?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:55 pm EST
[h2]LeBron James backs off 2010 dunk contest guarantee[/h2]
By J.E. Skeets

ept_sports_nba_experts-158268016-1259868654.jpg

So, according to The Associated Press, LeBron James(notes) is having second thoughts about participating in the 2010 Slam Dunk Contest over All-Star Weekend.

Great. What's next? LeBronezer going to cancel Christmas, too? You know he has the power to.

"I'm like 50-50 right now," LeBron told reporters Wednesday night before the Cavaliers crushed the Phoenix Suns. "I don't know if you can get it back to the 80s and like in '98 when Vince (Carter) was in it. It was more about the dunks and less about what was going on around the dunks. We'll see what happens."

This, of course, comes after James said at last year's event that he planned to dunk during the 2010 festivities in Dallas. Apparently, The King got caught up in the Superman/Lil' Lex Luthor excitement when delivering his proclamation to Cheryl Miller. Must have been that yellow Hogwarts cardigan.

In case you couldn't tell by the tone of my type, I side with Matt Moore at The FanHouse on this one: Unless James wants to further damage his public relations capital before the biggest summer of his financial life - see: refusing to shake hands with the Orlando Magic in the playoffs, Nike DunkGate 2009, the egocentric MVP shirts, etc. - he needs to man up and throw down.

And oh, VC participated in the 2000 contest in Golden State. I bet Shannon Brown knows that.

scared of Shannon Breezy?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/teams/Phoenix+Suns/nba.t.21

Never expecting him to be in it to be honest. I said at the time that he was just talking for the sake of talking at the time

They need to go ahead and get new events for All-Star Weekend....Horse as the main event with actual top talent, Kobe, Wade, Paul, Durant, Melo ETC

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Never expecting him to be in it to be honest. I said at the time that he was just talking for the sake of talking at the time
Yep, everyone knew that at the time.

I really didn't want to see him win it just for doing that same dunk over and over again and getting 50s the whole time.

Weird, Bron has more to say about himself?

Something that's 3 months away?

I saw this coming from a million miles away.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

LBJ is simply not a dunk contest type of dunker. (You know he's gonna avoid an L at all costs if he thinks it's possible, which he obviously doesinside).

I personally saw LeBron ROB J.R. Giddens (especialy
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
) & Shannon Brown of the Dunk Contest crown at the Mickey D's game in CLE.

He won strictly off of name recognition/the hometown bias (the judges included Michael Vick & Darius Miles). Swear to God!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

didnt think he was going to do, he just wanted attention like when he was going crazy during the rookie soph game when boobie played

this

and our yearly post- is james white gonna get signed by a team anytime soon before the all-star break?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

He won a Dunk Contest already...whats a second one?!
C'mon bro. *

[Mark Jackson] You're better than that! [/Mark Jackson]

I would honestly be more shocked if he actually entered the dunk contest then sign with the Milwaukee Bucks this summer. *shrugs*

i knew this was gonna happen...last year during the dunk contest Lebron was just trying to steal the spotlight from nate and dwight...although it wouldvebeen dope to see him in it though

Originally Posted by DMan14

this

and our yearly post- is james white gonna get signed by a team anytime soon before the all-star break?
laugh.gif
How David Lee beat James Flight in that Mickey D's dunk contest I will NEVER know...

Id rather him not be in it anyways. Any dunk he does will be given a 9 or 10, JUST because its LeBron James. Theres really no point.

Back
Top Bottom