Lebron James is tired

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Just saying LeBron shouldn't avg 44 minutes a game
Agreed.

I damn sure don't want Chris Paul playing 44 minutes a game.

That would probably mean one or both of the following two things: the Hornets are an awful team, or Monty Williams is an idiot.

They're supreme, overpaid athletes... blah, blah, blah. Players wear down. I want my stars fresh at the end of games and the end of seasons. Once the playoffs roll around, or I'm fighting for a playoff spot late, then those guys can play almost entire games.

Of course, you'd be hard-pressed to find many other highly-touted athletes in really any sport that would come out and admit what LeBron admitted, so take that for what it's worth.

Lebron was averaging 37 mpg before the 44 last night.  I wasn't aware anyone asked him to average 44 mpg.
Just sayin...
grin.gif

cause anyone that sticks up for this is a +%+!$ too
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

damn lebron, I mean I gave him his fair share of ##@% when he took his talents to the 305, I hate them dudes but I accept it at least....but this????

damn
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
does this dude's PR team know what they're supposed to do?

Agreed.

That would probably mean one or both of the following two things: the Hornets are an awful team, or Monty Williams is an idiot.

They're supreme, overpaid athletes... blah, blah, blah. Players wear down. I want my stars fresh at the end of games and the end of seasons. Once the playoffs roll around, or I'm fighting for a playoff spot late, then those guys can play almost entire games.

Of course, you'd be hard-pressed to find many other highly-touted athletes in really any sport that would come out and admit what LeBron admitted, so take that for what it's worth.

You are correct, but Bron can't get up for one regular season game against a very hated team?  A team that he was accused of quitting against just a few months ago? 

You are right about 44 a night for 6 months, but for 1 game, can't Bron handle that?  And a week after saying he had no problem playing more minutes? 

Agreed.

You are correct, but Bron can't get up for one regular season game against a very hated team?  A team that he was accused of quitting against just a few months ago? 

You are right about 44 a night for 6 months, but for 1 game, can't Bron handle that?  And a week after saying he had no problem playing more minutes? 

Agreed.

You can still play 44 minutes in a huge conference game and not average that much for the season.

If you want to rest on the bench, put in work in the first two quarters against the weaker opponents like every other superstar has in their playing days.

Either way, there's a right time and a place for that statement, that is, if you want to give credit to James for vocalizing that opinion. Last night was neither of those two. 

Agreed.

You can still play 44 minutes in a huge conference game and not average that much for the season.

If you want to rest on the bench, put in work in the first two quarters against the weaker opponents like every other superstar has in their playing days.

Either way, there's a right time and a place for that statement, that is, if you want to give credit to James for vocalizing that opinion. Last night was neither of those two. 

I'm not giving him credit for anything or defending him personally. But, should it be Chris Paul, I would be concerned about a situation where he was required to play so much so often, because, like I said, it would probably ultimately mean trouble for the team.

My response was mostly directed at this kind of delusional, exaggerated statement:
Lulz. I hate to sound like the prototype blue collar fan but please. Heshould play 80 hours straight of basketball for that money.

I'm not giving him credit for anything or defending him personally. But, should it be Chris Paul, I would be concerned about a situation where he was required to play so much so often, because, like I said, it would probably ultimately mean trouble for the team.

My response was mostly directed at this kind of delusional, exaggerated statement:
Lulz. I hate to sound like the prototype blue collar fan but please. Heshould play 80 hours straight of basketball for that money.

lebron needs to stop complaining. for the contract he signed he should not even whine about the minutes his coach gives him. never heard a player complain about getting too many minutes. it's his job. this is what he does for a living. if i tell my boss, im tired. i dont want to work that many hours. i'll get fired. so why would lebron be any different? he needs to do what his coach wants and not think he is above the team or the coach.

besides this shows how much of a competitor lebron really is. if i was playing against the celtics, the team that kicked me out the playoffs the previous year, and people say i quite against them, or if the kicked my butt in one of the 1st games of the season, i'd want to be on the floor for as much as possible till i win the game. guess lebron is totally different.

but when you lose, people always complain. cause if they would have won against the jazz and the celtics, he wouldnt be talking about too many minutes played.

lebron needs to stop complaining. for the contract he signed he should not even whine about the minutes his coach gives him. never heard a player complain about getting too many minutes. it's his job. this is what he does for a living. if i tell my boss, im tired. i dont want to work that many hours. i'll get fired. so why would lebron be any different? he needs to do what his coach wants and not think he is above the team or the coach.

besides this shows how much of a competitor lebron really is. if i was playing against the celtics, the team that kicked me out the playoffs the previous year, and people say i quite against them, or if the kicked my butt in one of the 1st games of the season, i'd want to be on the floor for as much as possible till i win the game. guess lebron is totally different.

but when you lose, people always complain. cause if they would have won against the jazz and the celtics, he wouldnt be talking about too many minutes played.

he needs to stop talking for the rest of the season.
everything he's been saying since the summer just sounds stupid.

he needs to stop talking for the rest of the season.
everything he's been saying since the summer just sounds stupid.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

LeBron didnt say anything wrong. His mistake was saying it in public.

it kinda does. makes me question his committment. cause if you're franchise player means you're the most important. if he feels he plays too many minutes, means that someone needs to play in his place, someone who is always weaker. and if you really want to win and want to do what's best for the team, then you play. otherwise it shows winning is not important, if you rather have a weaker player on the floor !@#% up and lose the game, just cause you're tired.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

LeBron didnt say anything wrong. His mistake was saying it in public.

it kinda does. makes me question his committment. cause if you're franchise player means you're the most important. if he feels he plays too many minutes, means that someone needs to play in his place, someone who is always weaker. and if you really want to win and want to do what's best for the team, then you play. otherwise it shows winning is not important, if you rather have a weaker player on the floor !@#% up and lose the game, just cause you're tired.

even the best player on the supposed best 5-4 team knows hes not going to avg 44 min, since they're going to play in a good number of blowouts. Making excuses is the worst pressure relieving strategy and he seems to have short term memory with the OT vs Utah, and this game yesterday. The only time he saw limited minutes this season vs the upper echelon teams was that blowout vs the Magic. I pray that the Raptors somehow force him to play more minutes than he wishes he should, just to see his response. Bron needs to just shutup and play (and stop looking at the stat sheet after a big game, esp the minutes column
30t6p3b.gif
) which everyone can agree on.

btw he avg 39 min last regular season, he's avg 39.6 right now.

As a Lebron stan, he just needs to stay away from the mic and help the team do better.
But all of these other comments attacking him are for personal reasons that I can't understand.
Let my dude live his life though.

even the best player on the supposed best 5-4 team knows hes not going to avg 44 min, since they're going to play in a good number of blowouts. Making excuses is the worst pressure relieving strategy and he seems to have short term memory with the OT vs Utah, and this game yesterday. The only time he saw limited minutes this season vs the upper echelon teams was that blowout vs the Magic. I pray that the Raptors somehow force him to play more minutes than he wishes he should, just to see his response. Bron needs to just shutup and play (and stop looking at the stat sheet after a big game, esp the minutes column
30t6p3b.gif
) which everyone can agree on.

btw he avg 39 min last regular season, he's avg 39.6 right now.

As a Lebron stan, he just needs to stay away from the mic and help the team do better.
But all of these other comments attacking him are for personal reasons that I can't understand.
Let my dude live his life though.

Back
Top Bottom