Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Just curious, has anyone here ever payed a grand or more for just one pair of any basketball sneakers?
I have. Lol
One time.
Is anyone else in this club?
youre not understanding what im saying .. the resell price for the Forging irons is ridiculous.. just like galaxy foams.. some Jordans etc. Dont act like you havent seen a outrageous resell price man smh

Nope.

What pair did you spend that on, if you don't mind me asking?

View media item 635783
These, the Air Jordan xx3 premier's.. 529 pairs made.. Grand total of $1,023
I have no doubt some ntalk members have these and got them for a much more reasonable price, but I paid that cuz I had to have them and it's by far the most I've ever spent in one go

Nice pics. I'm fighting the hype. Boy I tell you, this Nike machine is something else

Retail for life.. Wont ever pay reseller prices
I paid reseller once and TBH I don't plan on doin it again unless it's a shoe I just really want, but then again there aren't many out there that's gonna make me just drop double retail price

View media item 635783
These, the Air Jordan xx3 premier's.. 529 pairs made.. Grand total of $1,023
I have no doubt some ntalk members have these and got them for a much more reasonable price, but I paid that cuz I had to have them and it's by far the most I've ever spent in one go

Not eem mad at it :pimp:

I'm actually happy that it was something besides Yeezy's or Galaxy Foams or any other nonsense like that.

Not eem mad at it :pimp:

I'm actually happy that it was something besides Yeezy's or Galaxy Foams or any other nonsense like that.

Lol, appreciate that.. Yeah I don't regret it but will likely never do that again, these were an exception IMO..
Don't care about Yeezy's at all and actually loathe the foamposite 1 so..

Lol I pay over retail all the time at consignment shops.

But I've never gone over the $650 I paid for my Corks.

Most of the shoes I paid retail+ on weren't that pricey seeing as how they're not on anyone's grail list but my own.

I've been lucky enough to not regret any of those purchases.

To me personally the only shoes that would ever justify a thousand dollar or more pricetag would be original Air Jordan's and ONLY originals.. Only problem with that is, from pretty much the AJ 13 and back are all unwearable today (if you buy deadstock) and therefore instant trophy pieces.. I'm one who wants to at least have the option to wear them ESP for that pricetag..
Exceptions can be made though, like for instance 1992 Original deadstock Air Jordan Hare 7s lol

Downright giddy over these aways!

Probably my favorite of the XIs, up there with TWs.

FI's and MvA's are both quite nice to look at, but would collect dust in my closet. As would the KP.

I am disgusted that I'm copping GR breds for $200, but such is the reality at this point.

i feel like im the only one who still doesnt understand the special packaging for the forging irons... :x

Ya, I don't like it that he switched to the X.....it's killing the hype train that I have chuggin' along through my head lol.  I wouldn't freak out just yet about the FI resell prices right now....we've yet to hear the release info.  The guys on ebay are just hoping they can find a sucker for a quick sale.   And yes, I've paid a fortune....one time, for the MVP X.  I sold them after a few months, worn, and actually made a $400 profit.  Not bad when you can get paid to wear your kicks but I won't do it again.  I see the craziness dying down very soon....or at least hope it does.

Ok now I'm convinced that all the KP in a size 9 were allowed to bypass quality control. Just got in my re-ship from DSG for a dented up pair and got an even more dented up pair! That's 7 pairs that've gone through my hands. Only one shoe out of the 14 didn't have any dents in em. Ridiculous. Really love the 11 model but not having a satisfactory pair of KPs will definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Ya, I don't like it that he switched to the X.....it's killing the hype train that I have chuggin' along through my head lol.  I wouldn't freak out just yet about the FI resell prices right now....we've yet to hear the release info.  The guys on ebay are just hoping they can find a sucker for a quick sale.   And yes, I've paid a fortune....one time, for the MVP X.  I sold them after a few months, worn, and actually made a $400 profit.  Not bad when you can get paid to wear your kicks but I won't do it again.  I see the craziness dying down very soon....or at least hope it does.

He switched to the x cuz that's his best model.. Lol.. Nah I have no idea why he switched but the x really is his best easily IMO..
I'm sure those MVP did cost a fortune (one of the only cw's I never cared for but id never go near that price anyways) and that's amazing sold worn you made a profit lol.. Wow

He switched to the x cuz that's his best model.. Lol.. Nah I have no idea why he switched but the x really is his best easily IMO..
I'm sure those MVP did cost a fortune (one of the only cw's I never cared for but id never go near that price anyways) and that's amazing sold worn you made a profit lol.. Wow
Lol ya I did it on a crazy spending spree and immediately felt regret every time I laced them up....just couldn't stomach it.  Anyways, as far as the XI, I've worn my KP every day since release day...even to the gym during stair master and treadmill sessions...and they are by far my favorite.  I'm able to move around a lot better than I did with the X, but keep in mind, I have somewhat "stick" legs lol.  I feel like they are perfect for the somewhat average/athletic build.  As for LeBron....a monster...maybe the X does in fact feel better.  But who knows, maybe he switched because his pair had glue stains and dents in it  
laugh.gif
 jk

I haven't played ball in the XI or any other bron sig until the X, and they definitely are a great ball shoe, like super comfy when fully broken in.

Even in the pre season bron wore some more PE's. I dunno, i guess he's having difffculty making the change.

Ok now I'm convinced that all the KP in a size 9 were allowed to bypass quality control. Just got in my re-ship from DSG for a dented up pair and got an even more dented up pair! That's 7 pairs that've gone through my hands. Only one shoe out of the 14 didn't have any dents in em. Ridiculous. Really love the 11 model but not having a satisfactory pair of KPs will definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Damn where are you ordering from? My size 9 from Villa looks great. One of the toe box is not all that smooth(not a dent) where the sole connects to the hyperposite but it's not noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom