Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I thought I was crazy when I saw him wearing what looked like X's this season. There has to be an issue if he feels that much better in the older product. You rarely see players that currently have a model out go back and wear the old one, especially early in the season and in national games. Nike needs all the eyeballs it can get on him wearing the new product. Something must be wrong, or they are having stock issues for his personal stash (highly unlikely).
i remember bron talking about how he needed an adjustment period between the X's and playoff X's and they were practically the same shoe.

As a consumer it sends a bad message about the new shoe, even if its great.

Why would i buy xi's when i can go get X's well cheaper and bron himself seems to prefer them. 

Had jordan kept returning to the 11's from the 12's it really would have made me wonder what was wrong with the 12's.

Picked up a pair of the TeraCotta's off Ebay and got them in last week. I wanted the asian release solely because of the XDR sole since I will be ballin in these a lot. Since in live in Florida i do a lot of outdoor playing.

Honestly, I really don't give a damn about having them early, I bought them to strictly ball in and i knew the XDR size 13's from Asia would dry up soon. Got to say they are not as flashy as the KP or Aways. It's a more subtle colorway and I really like that greyish tone to them.
Nice, creative shoe all around. Hope to get another pair when they drop in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Picked up a pair of the TeraCotta's off Ebay and got them in last week. I wanted the asian release solely because of the XDR sole since I will be ballin in these a lot. Since in live in Florida i do a lot of outdoor playing.

Honestly, I really don't give a damn about having them early, I bought them to strictly ball in and i knew the XDR size 13's from Asia would dry up soon. Got to say they are not as flashy as the KP or Aways. It's a more subtle colorway and I really like that greyish tone to them.
Nice, creative shoe all around. Hope to get another pair when they drop in a few weeks.
Have you been able to compare your XDR sole to the sole of a regular pair?

Just curious if the thickness/durability is significant.  Appreciate if you can comment!

Just curious if the thickness/durability is significant.  Appreciate if you can comment!
Not the Terracotta Warriors, but I've felt both XDR and regular soles and it is quite a difference.

11.5/12 sold out with the quickness this morning, I got the last 12.
You HAD to get the last 12, bruh...? 
mean.gif

That's a nice deal for the Aways on DSG, but I still can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
Could be that 4 bills I'm dropping on the PS4 next week...
yea... im getting both the xbox and ps4 so I know the pain. :smh:

Why you getting both @bigj505
 ?

one to rock. one stock :nerd:

or it could be that I was proactive and accumulated $500 in amazon gift cards from various trade-in hustles and am only buying the ps4 out of pocket :D

That's a nice deal for the Aways on DSG, but I still can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
Could be that 4 bills I'm dropping on the PS4 next week...
yea... im getting both the xbox and ps4 so I know the pain.
mean.gif
Why you getting both @bigj505
 ?
one to rock. one stock
nerd.gif
or it could be that I was proactive and accumulated $500 in amazon gift cards from various trade-in hustles and am only buying the ps4 out of pocket
happy.gif
LOL at "one to rock. one stock"

Murda' on people's pockets. I'm going for 3 out of 4.
Congrats, Big Homie. You deserve it. Now LET ME GET THEM BEATS! :D
Funny, Mines look that good. Some of y'all need eye exams. There's nothing dull about the red on these Aways. You want to see dull? Check out those bootleg red Flightposites Nike just released. Now that's dull.

Thanks bro appreciate it.. your right theres nothing dull on these "Aways" They POP!

had the 11.5 in my cart for the longest time for the KPs.. couldnt pull the trigger.

rather get a PS4 cause i aint ballin like most of you to be able to get both >:

i remember bron talking about how he needed an adjustment period between the X's and playoff X's and they were practically the same shoe.

As a consumer it sends a bad message about the new shoe, even if its great.

Why would i buy xi's when i can go get X's well cheaper and bron himself seems to prefer them.

Had jordan kept returning to the 11's from the 12's it really would have made me wonder what was wrong with the 12's.
I pick the xii's over the xi's everyday of the week but I'm a minority guy that thinks they looks better, and the only issue I have with all the fussing is the average shoe buyer these days isn't buying basketball shoes to hoop in, they're buying them to casually wear at the mall and to school to show off hey I got them which is why the sale of the shoes is not gonna fundamentally slow down, they'll sell like that always do year after year, at this point his solidified his name as a selling point just like jordan

Sorry if this has been brought up already but other than aesthetics, why are the 2 flywire lace loops under the swoosh on the inside of the shoe as opposed to over like all the other loops?

Hopefully I made that clear to follow.

View media item 642465

Two things to note from my picture...

1. Bron is NOT wearing the XI, again, and actually went back to the IX. (triggers more panicking)

2. Bron is wearing a PE color IX, naturally.

Just from my non-scientific squeeze test with my fingers, the XDR sole of the Terracotta is significantly harder than the soles of my aways.
Side by side the thickness of the soles seems about the same. The inserts are the same from what I can tell.
When I wear them around the house there is not too much difference in feel as far as I can tell.

However, the real test will be when I play ball in them outdoors on an asphalt court.
I will bring both pairs (Terracotta and aways) and switch them out to see if I can feel any difference.
Both are brand new except for some light casual wear indoors, so it should be an even test.
The XDR is advertised as a more durable rubber but I really don't know if there are any performance advantages.
My reason to purchase them is the strictly the durability and longevity aspects of the XDR.

Only notice the toe box tightness when standing still or sitting. No problem when up and moving though. This is the first wear btw. Didn't feel it till a couple hours of wear. If you broke in kd Vs then these are no problem. Most comfortable sneakers I own next to Kobe 8s and Lebron 10s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom