Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
IMO gimmick = features, colors etc added to a particular shoe that is a carbon copy of something done in the past...in attempt to try and capitalize off of a past shoes success.

IMO i think the orange forging irons was a big time gimmick patterned after the galaxy IX.

cork, denim, GITD can all be considered a gimmick to some. but as long as its executed well, thats all that matters. (besides, i dont think the cork thing has ever been done before)

i also believe that the graffitis are a big time gimmick...but if the graffiti was placed on the same place that the honeycomb is on the SLH then it would have been executed much better and IMO been a good looking shoe
I agree w/ you about this whole thing...And the cork thing was new to me as well but someone said it was done before, but I think that was Nike's first time doin it. That was the only shoe I didn't consider a gimmick due to the reasoning of it...

I hope the 2k14 pair is just those "SLH" with a 2K patch on the tounge replacing the LJ crown. I'd die. :rofl:

I hope the 2k14 pair is just those "SLH" with a 2K patch on the tounge replacing the LJ crown. I'd die.
roll.gif
They very well could be. Is it fun getting off on the thoughts of others NOT getting a potentially limited shoe?

edit

Last edited:
I agree w/ you about this whole thing...And the cork thing was new to me as well but someone said it was done before, but I think that was Nike's first time doin it. That was the only shoe I didn't consider a gimmick due to the reasoning of it...

Nike has used cork before the Lebron X's

Anyway, I own a pair of Corks and don't care what the story line is, they are a definitely a gimmick shoe. Lol

How can any shoe with a theme or story line not be a gimmick? Lol

Nike is basically saying "buy this shoe because it will one day be a part of shoe history, based on its story and meaning."

They very well could be. Is it fun getting off on the thoughts of others NOT getting a potentially limited shoe?

edit

That actually is fun...

But I think he's laughing at the thought of everybody putting in crazy time or money to lock down a shoe that's really nothing special.

I mean I guess so. Don't see the point in hoping others have a bad experience. And how do you know they are not going to be special? There is an absolute possibility that they will be, but also a possibility that they will be nice.

Either way, those that are going to hate on others for getting the 2k14 will never admit that the shoes looked good, no matter what they turn out being...Good or bad. Just see no need in wishing someone else bad luck or ill will or whatever.

Well I'm sure there won't be a single person who has locked down the 2k's that won't like em - the converse to opinion stated earlier

I mean I guess so. Don't see the point in hoping others have a bad experience. And how do you know they are not going to be special? There is an absolute possibility that they will be, but also a possibility that they will be nice.

Either way, those that are going to hate on others for getting the 2k14 will never admit that the shoes looked good, no matter what they turn out being...Good or bad. Just see no need in wishing someone else bad luck or ill will or whatever.

No need to get bent out of shape over a hypothetical joke.

That's pretty much been the conversation since ppl found out about the 2k14 shoe.

Ppl don't like hype, so naturally ppl don't like Nike pre-selling a shoe that no one has seen based on nothing but hype.

It's pretty obvious why some would want the entire concept to fail miserably.

But it won't, and once it succeeds you can bet this will become common practice for Nike. Lol

No need to get bent out of shape over a hypothetical joke.

That's pretty much been the conversation since ppl found out about the 2k14 shoe.

Ppl don't like hype, so naturally ppl don't like Nike pre-selling a shoe that no one has seen based on nothing but hype.

It's pretty obvious why some would want the entire concept to fail miserably.

But it won't, and once it succeeds you can bet this will become common practice for Nike. Lol
Understood...Just didnt know if we had a bunch of sadists in here, which is fine too. Everyone has to get their rocks off.

I can see your point on the whole thing though about the hype. The one thing I do hope Nike carries over from the 2k14 release is the code procedure. I am not sure how well it would work theoretically, but it does seem like it could curb some of the early links/bots. There is always a way to break any safe though.

For NJ people that are still looking for the xmas , menlo park mall house of hoops has one sz.11 in stock. The footlocker in woodbridge mall also has some in stock which is where i found my sz.12 earlier today.

i'm with you on that, too bad it's not them because that would've been cool, regardless those are a cop really liking that pattern

I love the SLH and BHM. but them all stars are a complete let down to me. a glow in the dark shoe!? come on Nike y'all can do way better :smh:

I love my AvM wear them all the time use them as my beaters right now they are just so comfortable and I love the colors

nice collection too

Back
Top Bottom