Lebron's Post Game Antics

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

when do people actually shake hands while the other team is getting showered with confetti and celebrating? i would have hit the showers too ... people sensitive as hell ...
After every series.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

And exactly how many of you have carried your team to the best record in the NBA and all the way to the Eastern conference finals hoping that your teammates would pull through in a do or die situation, but still lost after you played your heart out?
....Don't worry, I'll wait.
I hate pointless statements like this one more than anyone could ever learn to hate LeBron. Especially when you follow up with statements likethis:

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

You guys are acting like he was throwing chairs and watercoolers and @#+%. Rather than have a tantrum he just walked off the court. I know damn well if that happened to me I would've had a damn hard time holding that in.

First of all, who is acting like that, really? Most people seem to be calling out a top star for being a poor sportsman. Secondly, how are you going ask howmany have been through what LeBron has been through, then say you "know" you would have done the same thing. Maybe other people "know" thatthey would remain a sportsman regardless of the situation.

nrg1604 wrote:
wasn't professional, but people make mistake and he should learn from this. if he keeps doing this, then i'll call him out on it.

Based on what he said in the interview, this is what to expect when he loses.

To everyone saying "this is blown out of proportion," you are correct. But what do you expect? It's LeBron. Rashard Lewis hits an incredibleturnaround 3 to put the game away for his team: Meh.
ohwell.gif
LeBron hits abuzzer-beater to give his team a win:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
The Curse of Cleveland is lifted!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
Was that better than MJs shot over Ehlo?!!!! Obviously!!
eek.gif
What a legacy defining shot!!!
eek.gif
Hold on... I think I'm about to fai...
tired.gif
tired.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Whoa I just woke up and I thought that shot was a dream, but it was REAL!!!
laugh.gif
I'm sure you guys get the point by now. Basically in the world ofhype, learn to take the good with the bad.

come on now we all know that mj shot on ehlo is way better than lebrons shot..... lets just get that point straight....

Man I've talked to my boys, people at the courts, and read this damn post. I'm outraged by the pass people give Lebron.

I'm starting to wonder have any of ya'll played competitve sports and been part of a team...or do you just watch stuff on tv and blog about it. If younever been in a locker room or team bus on at least the varsity hs level then shut your mouth.

1. After every series both teams drop the tough guy acts clear the air and shake hands as men...as competitors....it shows respect to the next man winner orloser. Everybody deals with failure different but this is not exceptable. I've seen other great players in damn near tears and still suck it up and showrespect. He ran like a baby no excuse.

2. The only time I can remember somebody doing this is the Piston bad boys....them dudes hated Mike....had the Jordan Rules...it was damn near fist fightsevery game....their leader had a personal beef with Mike. AND GUESS WHAT that's still no excuse to head to the locker room. They showed their true colorsas classless punks who couldn't show respect.

3. Even the Pistons walked off as a team. This guy LeBron walked off all by himself.....that shows he thinks he's bigger than the game. Bigger than theMagic, bigger than the Cavs, bigger than the league by not even speaking to the media.

4. Now he comes out of hiding with this interview. He still didn't show Orlando respect and admit they lost to a better team, sorry Lebron but if you lose4-2 I don't wanna hear "somebody had to lose" like both teams flipped a coin to advance to the finals. You lost cuz the other team beat you fairand square. It ain't about sending Dwight a damn email it's about shaking everybody on Orlando team from Stan Van Gundy to JJ Reddick.

5. Then this guy compares a team sport to a fight! Sorry Lebron but even UFC fighters take a L and show respect to one another. Gettin your face busted on PPVis worse than any buzzer beater. This is a sport....bad comparison. The eastern conf finals aint throwing hands in the club buddy. He actually said "Ican't lose to someone and shake their hand". If that sits well with you then you a stan. I'm the most competitive person you might ever meet. Idone almost fought teammates. When I was little I used to cry in the car on the way home after a L but I always dapped up the winner. Hell today I spazzed onmy own lil bro for not playing any defense....in a church
laugh.gif
Competitivefire is internal and has NOTHING to do with the next man.

So basically I'm amazed that he's acting like this and his fans are actually standing by his side. Face it Lebron aint as humble as ya'll think. He speaks in 3rd person, he has a ceremony before everygame, and he can't show respect when he loses. Nobody even Mike was and ever will be bigger thanthe game. I wish some of ya'll witnesses would stop drinking the kool-aid and just admit he's wrong on this one. Dudes acting like it's blasphemyor something!

Originally Posted by boholkicks

come on now we all know that mj shot on ehlo is way better than lebrons shot..... lets just get that point straight....

I'm not sure if you watched the NBA Countdown where they discussed LeBron's shot vs. MJ's, but I remember the panel being split on which one wasbetter. Actually, I think the only person who stuck with MJ was Brent Barry. An impressionable fan was left to think that Lebron's shot at the very leastequaled MJ's.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I'm not sure if you watched the NBA Countdown where they discussed LeBron's shot vs. MJ's, but I remember the panel being split on which one was better. Actually, I think the only person who stuck with MJ was Brent Barry. An impressionable fan was left to think that Lebron's shot at the very least equaled MJ's.

there is a reason why it is called "The Shot"... not only was it the game winning shot but also a series winning shot knocking out the cavs out ofthe playoffs...

lebrons shot just basically kept the cavs alive for a game...

Lebron's move to bolt from the court was blatantly classless and disrespectful on a number of fronts.

A little handshake to 13 opposing players and coaches might not seem like a big, end-of-the-world deal, but it represents a lot more than just going throughthe motions of what (almost) every losing team has done in the history of the NBA playoffs. Lebron is supposed to be a role model, which is insanely importantto an internationally televised, multimillion dollar sport with impressionable audiences watching. Avoiding this simple ritual tells me that Lebron thinks heis above all this, tells the league that he doesn't care about its "rules" or image, etc.

It doesn't matter whether Lebron was the one carrying this team in the series, or for that matter the playoffs, or for that matter the season, or for thatmatter his entire NBA career. This is irrelevant to the concept of sportsmanship and basic class.

He should've paid proper respect to the opponents that beat him and his team. It's not that difficult. He's not larger than the game.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Man I've talked to my boys, people at the courts, and read this damn post. I'm outraged by the pass people give Lebron.

I'm starting to wonder have any of ya'll played competitve sports and been part of a team...or do you just watch stuff on tv and blog about it. If you never been in a locker room or team bus on at least the varsity hs level then shut your mouth.

1. After every series both teams drop the tough guy acts clear the air and shake hands as men...as competitors....it shows respect to the next man winner or loser. Everybody deals with failure different but this is not exceptable. I've seen other great players in damn near tears and still suck it up and show respect. He ran like a baby no excuse.

2. The only time I can remember somebody doing this is the Piston bad boys....them dudes hated Mike....had the Jordan Rules...it was damn near fist fights every game....their leader had a personal beef with Mike. AND GUESS WHAT that's still no excuse to head to the locker room. They showed their true colors as classless punks who couldn't show respect.

3. Even the Pistons walked off as a team. This guy LeBron walked off all by himself.....that shows he thinks he's bigger than the game. Bigger than the Magic, bigger than the Cavs, bigger than the league by not even speaking to the media.

4. Now he comes out of hiding with this interview. He still didn't show Orlando respect and admit they lost to a better team, sorry Lebron but if you lose 4-2 I don't wanna hear "somebody had to lose" like both teams flipped a coin to advance to the finals. You lost cuz the other team beat you fair and square. It ain't about sending Dwight a damn email it's about shaking everybody on Orlando team from Stan Van Gundy to JJ Reddick.

5. Then this guy compares a team sport to a fight! Sorry Lebron but even UFC fighters take a L and show respect to one another. Gettin your face busted on PPV is worse than any buzzer beater. This is a sport....bad comparison. The eastern conf finals aint throwing hands in the club buddy. He actually said "I can't lose to someone and shake their hand". If that sits well with you then you a stan. I'm the most competitive person you might ever meet. I done almost fought teammates. When I was little I used to cry in the car on the way home after a L but I always dapped up the winner. Hell today I spazzed on my own lil bro for not playing any defense....in a church
laugh.gif
Competitive fire is internal and has NOTHING to do with the next man.

So basically I'm amazed that he's acting like this and his fans are actually standing by his side. Face it Lebron aint as humble as ya'll think. He speaks in 3rd person, he has a ceremony before everygame, and he can't show respect when he loses. Nobody even Mike was and ever will be bigger than the game. I wish some of ya'll witnesses would stop drinking the kool-aid and just admit he's wrong on this one. Dudes acting like it's blasphemy or something!

FINALLY! Someone that gets it.

Everyone in organized sports all the way from little league baseball - organized bball leagues to UFC fighters to Tiger woods to Super Bowllosers................still shake hands at the end of the game, fight, match whatever no matter what. Its what GENTLEMEN do.

When your thee ICON that Lebron is.....your ever move is magnified and when you coudlnt even step up like a man and accept defeat ......it shows no class.

Seriously....little kids watch you LEBRON......is your unsportsman like attitude something you want to teach the kids?

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I'm not sure if you watched the NBA Countdown where they discussed LeBron's shot vs. MJ's, but I remember the panel being split on which one was better. Actually, I think the only person who stuck with MJ was Brent Barry. An impressionable fan was left to think that Lebron's shot at the very least equaled MJ's.

there is a reason why it is called "The Shot"... not only was it the game winning shot but also a series winning shot knocking out the cavs out of the playoffs...

lebrons shot just basically kept the cavs alive for a game...
he's agreeing with you that MJ's shot is better. He's just saying that in NBA Countdown, with the exception of Brent Barry, they weresaying LeBron's was better.

I'm starting to wonder have any of ya'll played competitve sports and been part of a team...or do you just watch stuff on tv and blog about it. If you never been in a locker room or team bus on at least the varsity hs level then shut your mouth.

1. After every series both teams drop the tough guy acts clear the air and shake hands as men...as competitors....it shows respect to the next man winner or loser. Everybody deals with failure different but this is not exceptable. I've seen other great players in damn near tears and still suck it up and show respect. He ran like a baby no excuse.

2. The only time I can remember somebody doing this is the Piston bad boys....them dudes hated Mike....had the Jordan Rules...it was damn near fist fights every game....their leader had a personal beef with Mike. AND GUESS WHAT that's still no excuse to head to the locker room. They showed their true colors as classless punks who couldn't show respect.

3. Even the Pistons walked off as a team. This guy LeBron walked off all by himself.....that shows he thinks he's bigger than the game. Bigger than the Magic, bigger than the Cavs, bigger than the league by not even speaking to the media.

4. Now he comes out of hiding with this interview. He still didn't show Orlando respect and admit they lost to a better team, sorry Lebron but if you lose 4-2 I don't wanna hear "somebody had to lose" like both teams flipped a coin to advance to the finals. You lost cuz the other team beat you fair and square. It ain't about sending Dwight a damn email it's about shaking everybody on Orlando team from Stan Van Gundy to JJ Reddick.

5. Then this guy compares a team sport to a fight! Sorry Lebron but even UFC fighters take a L and show respect to one another. Gettin your face busted on PPV is worse than any buzzer beater. This is a sport....bad comparison. The eastern conf finals aint throwing hands in the club buddy. He actually said "I can't lose to someone and shake their hand". If that sits well with you then you a stan. I'm the most competitive person you might ever meet. I done almost fought teammates. When I was little I used to cry in the car on the way home after a L but I always dapped up the winner. Hell today I spazzed on my own lil bro for not playing any defense....in a church
laugh.gif

So basically I'm amazed that he's acting like this and his fans are actually standing by his side. Face it Lebron aint as humble as ya'll think. He speaks in 3rd person, he has a ceremony before everygame, and he can't show respect when he loses. Nobody even Mike was and ever will be bigger than the game. I wish some of ya'll witnesses would stop drinking the kool-aid and just admit he's wrong on this one. Dudes acting like it's blasphemy or something!
Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. You got all of this from the fact that he walked off the court without talking to anybody?

laugh.gif

I think he was wrong but I definitely think your OD'ing on the subject.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Pure class act right there.
roll.gif

at the fact this is coming from a Kobe fan.

this ain't about picking sides.......didn't Kobe even dap up Dahntay Jones? hmmm.....Remember Raja? hmmmmmm.....I know for a fact he prob hate themdudes with a passion but he sucks it up and does his JOB! What if Kobe ran off the court after the Suns came back from 3-1?

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Pure class act right there.
roll.gif

at the fact this is coming from a Kobe fan.

this ain't about picking sides.......didn't Kobe even dap up Dahntay Jones? hmmm.....Remember Raja? hmmmmmm.....I know for a fact he prob hate them dudes with a passion but he sucks it up and does his JOB! What if Kobe ran off the court after the Suns came back from 3-1?
I'm not picking sides I'm just saying...This is the same dude that aired out his teammate when he thought no one was watching. realclassy. Like I said I'm not in agreement with what LeBron did but don't act like everyone hasn't messed up. He is going to make mistakes he's ahuman being. Just like Kobe has made mistakes. Just like Jordan did. etc.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

kobe said it best. EXPERIENCE will make you come back harder and you will be much hungrier after defeat. will lebron come back next year with the cavs and motivate his team like kobe has? who knows. but watching this series, i feel as if he shouldnt give up on the cavs yet. the team needs to grow stronget together. if he gives up on his team, he doesnt deserve it. his team didnt support him enough to pull through with the series. his team needs to work harder and he needs to continue to work hard with his team to come back next season and take it all.

Check out the video.. even after getting blown out in the NBA Finals, Kobe still approached Garnett and showed respect.

Originally Posted by alvin314159

kobe said it best. EXPERIENCE will make you come back harder and you will be much hungrier after defeat. will lebron come back next year with the cavs and motivate his team like kobe has? who knows. but watching this series, i feel as if he shouldnt give up on the cavs yet. the team needs to grow stronget together. if he gives up on his team, he doesnt deserve it. his team didnt support him enough to pull through with the series. his team needs to work harder and he needs to continue to work hard with his team to come back next season and take it all.

Check out the video.. even after getting blown out in the NBA Finals, Kobe still approached Garnett and showed respect.
I hope this wasn't directed at me. Why is everyone trying to make Kobe out as a saint? I don't get it. This is exactly why I laughed atthe first guy's comment.

laugh.gif

dead on. and i still don't understand why people think he's humble...i mean, the man has "chosen 1" tattooed on his back for christ'ssake. i love to watch lebron play, he is an absolute freak physically and athletically, but he has some attitude problems.

not to start a comparison...but i find it funny how the media paints kobe to be egomaniacal, etc. and everyone listens listen, and lebron acts arrogant as hellbut the media says he's humble, so everyone acts like he's humble.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

laugh.gif

dead on. and i still don't understand why people think he's humble...i mean, the man has "chosen 1" tattooed on his back for christ's sake. i love to watch lebron play, he is an absolute freak physically and athletically, but he has some attitude problems.

not to start a comparison...but i find it funny how the media paints kobe to be egomaniacal, etc. and everyone listens listen, and lebron acts arrogant as hell but the media says he's humble, so everyone acts like he's humble.
Give me an example where the media paints kobe out to be an egomaniac.

not to start a comparison...but i find it funny how the media paints kobe to be egomaniacal, etc. and everyone listens listen, and lebron acts arrogant as hell but the media says he's humble, so everyone acts like he's humble.
agreed.

considering lebron is the face of the NBA, what he did was not right and did not look good. i understand competitiveness and all that crap, but you gotta atleast talk to the media or shake hands, do something. if it was another player, of course it wouldn't matter as much, because lebron is the face of theNBA, the role model for the whole league, he's got so many kids idolizing him, etc. showing bad sportsmanship as the league's signature player is not agood look. he's just gotta learn to deal with it better next time.

ive never really liked lebron cuz most of the games ive seen him in, esp. before this year dude stays brickin jumpers, and ive read all ofTruth's post, and i still dont care that he walked off. i think people are overblowin this.

maybe its me and my personality, i always just walk away without tellin people im leaving, do i realllly have to announce that im leavin. i know u see meleavin! shoot bron and say #$$% to nobody and here were are in this thread. i also speak in 3rd person every now and then, i refer to myself as my namesometimes IT IS MY NAME after all. and if i was an athlete i wouldnt speak to the media either , i dont want them in my business ( i know this is LEBRON tho,and i usually speaks so yea this is an oddity )my boys know not to dap me cuz i dont like dappin up a million dudes, and yes i know this is what USUALLYhappens, but geez you dont do it ONE time and everybody freaks out. my goodness.
laugh.gif

also dude was mad. most people act similarly when they are upset. dudes dont think clearly. people say things and do things that they normally would not do,hes HUMAN. its been like that since the dawn of time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by alvin314159

I hope this wasn't directed at me. Why is everyone trying to make Kobe out as a saint? I don't get it. This is exactly why I laughed at the first guy's comment
That's exactly what people are saying. Kobe's not a saint. He's an ultra competitor and he still shook the hands of the people whohanded his !@$ to him.

laugh.gif

dead on. and i still don't understand why people think he's humble...i mean, the man has "chosen 1" tattooed on his back for christ's sake. i love to watch lebron play, he is an absolute freak physically and athletically, but he has some attitude problems.

I guess you missed last weeks ESPN POLL.

omgjnj.jpg

So like waht attitude are they talking about? Ohhhhhh they must mistaken "drive" for attitude problem

laugh.gif

you're joking, right?
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/5445717/
http://assets.espn.go.com...n0407014kobeselfish.html

ever since kobe has come into the league people have been saying he's arrogant, has a big ego, he's cocky, he's full of himself, etc. people hatedon the fact that he had a press conference to announce he was going to the L outta high school, and people hated on him for wearing sunglasses to that pressconference. people said that LA wasnt big enough for him and shaq because of his ego. but let's not turn this into a thread about kobe.

when playing a game, you show respect to your opponent, win or lose. it's disrespectful and sets a bad example to say "oh, i don't like to lose so+$%# the other team". and for him to leave without his team, ESPECIALLY when people praise him for how much of a team player he is? i can understand beingfrustrated, but c'mon lebron, you're a grown man, act like it.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

ive never really liked lebron cuz most of the games ive seen him in, esp. before this year dude stays brickin jumpers, and ive read all of Truth's post, and i still dont care that he walked off. i think people are overblowin this.

maybe its me and my personality, i always just walk away without tellin people im leaving, do i realllly have to announce that im leavin. i know u see me leavin! shoot bron and say #$$% to nobody and here were are in this thread. i also speak in 3rd person every now and then, i refer to myself as my name sometimes IT IS MY NAME after all. and if i was an athlete i wouldnt speak to the media either , i dont want them in my business ( i know this is LEBRON tho, and i usually speaks so yea this is an oddity )my boys know not to dap me cuz i dont like dappin up a million dudes, and yes i know this is what USUALLY happens, but geez you dont do it ONE time and everybody freaks out. my goodness.
laugh.gif

also dude was mad. most people act similarly when they are upset. dudes dont think clearly. people say things and do things that they normally would not do, hes HUMAN. its been like that since the dawn of time
laugh.gif

I completely understand what you're saying as this relates to YOU. but you don't get it homie. This aint summer pro-am this is the league. Millions offans, millions of dollars. This is the big stage. Yes he's human but he didn't even admit to fault is what bothers me. Watch that interview again.

laugh.gif

you're joking, right?
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/5445717/
http://assets.espn.go.com...n0407014kobeselfish.html

ever since kobe has come into the league people have been saying he's arrogant, has a big ego, he's cocky, he's full of himself, etc. people hated on the fact that he had a press conference to announce he was going to the L outta high school, and people hated on him for wearing sunglasses to that press conference. people said that LA wasnt big enough for him and shaq because of his ego. but let's not turn this into a thread about kobe.

when playing a game, you show respect to your opponent, win or lose. it's disrespectful and sets a bad example to say "oh, i don't like to lose so +$%# the other team". and for him to leave without his team, ESPECIALLY when people praise him for how much of a team player he is? i can understand being frustrated, but c'mon lebron, you're a grown man, act like it.

Okay, I was wrong about Kobe and his media perception. But at the same time why are people making this out to be bigger than what it is? LeBron messed up. Hewas mad and he probably let his emotions get the best of him. Does that make it okay? no. But people are saying he thinks he's bigger than the game andthat he's bigger than his teammates. Where did they get this from? What other examples besides this one time suggest that. If his teammates and the peoplearound him say he is a great teammate how can we say different.

Back
Top Bottom