let this thread die (NYK)

miami should have won. point blank.

we watched lebron disappear. that isn't normal. it isn't going to happen over and over as they add talent.

we can't spread 13 million dollars much better than getting CP
either way what i'm saying is ridiculous is us caring about the well being of the rest of the league. screw them.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Nash is terrible defensively now, you really wanna see what he's like at 40+?
He's always been horrible on defense though. I'm fully aware of what we'd be getting. The way I see it dude would be a more than serviceable backup at the worst.

Originally Posted by DubA169

either way what i'm saying is ridiculous is us caring about the well being of the rest of the league. screw them.

Agreed..You think the Lakers cared when they got a top 3 center for a bag of peanuts? They already had 3 prior championships in the decade before that trade but I don't think Lakers fans thought "Goddamit..Now our team is gonna be TOO good"

miami should have won. point blank.
i can agree to disagree with the rest of your comment, but definitely not this. No one shoulda woulda coulda anything. The Mavs were clearly the better team in that serious.

won game 1, up double digits but lose game 2. I mean it was just so odd. lebron getting herbed by jason terry and JJ barea?

i just don't think getting 2 games from a chip proves that building the miami wasy is wrong

We have as real a commitment as you can depend on from CP3...not 'ohhhh that %%*%% wore a Yankees fitted?! put it in the books, baby paw.'

Means something to me.

and AMP ... Oden is infectious, you want Amare's legs to fall off?

He is worth a gamble because of how many few worthwhile Center there are out there...Even if you just basically save him for the playoffs that a skilled 7 footer out ther who can anchor our D and let Amar'e and Melo do what they do.  For the right price, I'd pull the trigger.  Scared money don't make no money.

And I don't buy this CP3 stuff at all until the ink is dry, I learned my lesson with 'Bron.  Why wouldn't the clippers be a more attractive option for Paul right now?  I don't want to focus on fantasy teams right now, I want to focus on what we can achieve for this season.  Just get to the ECF and let us math up with Miami.  That's all I want.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

He is worth a gamble because of how many few worthwhile Center there are out there...Even if you just basically save him for the playoffs that a skilled 7 footer out ther who can anchor our D and let Amar'e and Melo do what they do.  For the right price, I'd pull the trigger.  Scared money don't make no money.

And I don't buy this CP3 stuff at all until the ink is dry, I learned my lesson with 'Bron.  Why wouldn't the clippers be a more attractive option for Paul right now?  I don't want to focus on fantasy teams right now, I want to focus on what we can achieve for this season.  Just get to the ECF and let us math up with Miami.  That's all I want.

This.

$%+! that garbage competitive balance argument. nobody cared about us being terrible for a decade. i want a chip by any means. i couldnt care less if it takes 4 teams getting contracted.

these herbs in miami started that collusion stuff. we gotta fight fire with fire.

haven't won in 40 years. i couldnt care less about any other team. nobody cares about us when they try to rape us in every trade.

people talk about balance but miami will have the big 3. there will be no balance unless we make our own.
My man 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BY ANY MEANS!!!

Carmelo Would Have Lost $5.8M Without Extend-And-Trade
Nov 29, 2011 2:24 PM EST

The difference between Carmelo Anthony’s existing contract and the one he could have received as a free agent under the rules of the new collective bargaining agreement comes out to a total of $5.8 million over the same four years.

$82.69 million is the total value of Anthony’s existing contract, which arose out of the extend-and-trade transaction sending Anthony from Denver to the Knicks before the trade deadline last season. Had Anthony opted to terminate his contract and become a free agent in the coming days, he would have been eligible for a maximum-salary contract of $76.89 million over a period from this 2011-12 season through the 2014-15 season, the identical term of his existing contract.

Note that the extension Anthony did sign was built off the $18.52 million option year he held in this 2011-12 season. Any new free-agent max deal would have reset and started at $18.01 million. That lower starting point and the lesser annual raises of 4.5% – compared to the 10.5% annual raises that governed Anthony’s contract under the previous CBA – account for the $5.8 million of compensation that Anthony would have lost by becoming a free agent on December 9. Essentially Anthony would have taken a seven percent reduction in pay.

In the months before the trade to New York, Anthony gave mixed signals about his willingness to wait for free agency and risk a new salary cap that could significantly decrease his earning capacity. But it was believed that Anthony’s representatives at Creative Arts Agency were determined that their client would have the security of a signed deal before the CBA expired. The Nets were in the hunt to trade for Anthony and extend his contract, and the Nuggets reportedly preferred the Nets’ offer, both teams hoping anxiety about the impending labor dispute would compel Anthony to sign off on a move to New Jersey.

At the time, some at ESPN were predicting that Anthony could face dramatic salary compression approaching $40 million if he passed on the extension and tested free agency this season.

Existing Contract Under Previous CBA

$18,518,574
$19,444,503
$21,388,953
$23,333,456
------------
$82,685,486

Hypothetical Contract Under New CBA

$18,006,705
$18,817,007
$19,627,309
$20,437,611
------------
$76,888,632

laugh.gif
really? of course. of course that's all it was. it's us.

Oden at Occupy Wall St.

I heard Oden isn't even cleared to start the season yet, and Portland wants to keep him just so they don't look stupid if he turns it around.

Yo I been noticing it for a while but why all of a sudden NTers using old NYC 90s slang?
laugh.gif
I've seen "baby paw" used more times in the past two weeks than I have in the past 8 years.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yo I been noticing it for a while but why all of a sudden NTers using old NYC 90s slang?
laugh.gif
I've seen "baby paw" used more times in the past two weeks than I have in the past 8 years.

I don't know what you're talking about Dunn Dunn

suicidedeuce wrote:
Okay, I found a small Chris Paul loophole, though it comes with some risk to Chris Paul. The following is just for fun. Let me say it again.. the following is just for fun...

He could sign a 2 year deal with the Knicks, at say (again, just for fun) $12m, with a 4.5% raises, that's $24.5m over two years.

Then, as an early bird free agent, he can sign up to a 5 year deal, at 175% percent of his previous salary. Now I'm pretty certain the max salary overrides this (though @#@# doesn't make this clear in his faq), but I'm assuming that's an oversight of an arcane detail. If not, and the 175% rule overrides the max, then it a whole other ballgame. But again, I'm going to assume the former.

At max, he can sign a new deal in 2014 for 30% of cap, let's just say it's $60m, so he can sign for $18m. They he gets his 7.5% Bird raises, and he can sign up for 5 more years. But for sake of comparison, let's just go through 3 years (as this equates to his 5 year contract with NO that Hollinger is using for his basis).

That $18 + $19.35 + $ 20.70 = $58.05, add the $24.5m for his first 2 years, and you get $82.55 over those 5 years.

Hollinger has him at $98.83 for 5 years, that means under this scenario, he leaves $16.28 on the table, spread over 5 years.

Start him at $13m next year (still $500k below Hollinger's number) that's $26.59 in the first two years, taking the difference down to $13.38 over 5 years.

Like I say, the risk involved his the lack of guaranteed years up front. Of course, that reverses itself later on. If he's willing to risk 2 years as opposed to 5 (which he can get from the Hornets) or 4 with another team. In 2 seasons he can sign a new 5 year guaranteed deal, which would give him 2 more additional guaranteed years, at a more advanced ago.

He'd just have to give hope to make it through those 2 seasons.

Some outtside the box thinking from a realgm member

didnt say it was gonna happen. Just a tad interesting. priorities are different for different people.

i do offcially think it's very unlikely that we get CP and all these articles are out there to force a sign and trade. The NBA would look horrible if it did that so i doubt it happens

Back
Top Bottom