let this thread die (NYK)

Thought today's outcome was just about right. Going to struggle with good PG's all year, just have to hope the rest of the team makes up for it elsewhere.

Chandler can't play 37 minutes consistently, obviously. But that'd be my only rotation gripe.

glad i wasn't here for the game, starting drowning that nonsense out, but catching up...
pages 135+6 are pure comedy. trials of a knick fan.
30t6p3b.gif
at so many things, but thank god for Melo...at least 1 position we got on lock right now.
tired.gif

Shumpert injury ruined my day man. My son is a problem. I was scared when I saw it was a knee injury. Hopefully he gets back and its nothing that lingers. Definitely need him back ASAP.

Toney Douglas though?
indifferent.gif
I said it already. He can not run an offense. Can not wait till BD is ready. Send TD back to the bench where he is most effective. Come in the game with energy and hustle and score.

Amar'e disappointed me defensively. Was hoping for more aggressive basket protection.

Melo though?
pimp.gif

Overall... very happy with the outcome. Huge confidence booster for the rest of the season. Dudes stuck together and that little scuffle with Bill Walker and KG was the icing on the cake. I also like how BD stuck up for Bill. I'll say it again CAN NOT WAIT till he's ready.

CUUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......(sorry allen) but we both on the same team now, thank god Shumpert is only out for that long, we had the tv on mute and I thought he was done for the year after seeing him go to the locker room, Melo is a *%$%!%* beast, this is going to be a good year fellas, lets enjoy it from the get go
pimp.gif

I have never hated a Knick as much as I hate TD..Idk how people defend this bum..Idc about the 4-5 games where he was on fire because he negates that with the 60 others where he looks like he's playing his first NBA game..This dude literally shot on 4 straight possessions..I counted..He dribbled up the court, looked around for 2 seconds, then took a shot he has no business shooting...He was either 0-4 or 1-3 on those 4 straight possessions where he shot..It was embarrassing

Otherwise, Melo is the man.

Oh yeah, and I hope Amar'e doesn't get Larry Johnson syndrome and turn into a 3 point shooting Forward

I don't know if some of yall know what Shump's injury means now (good thing it's only a sprain mcl). With TD's play, not knowing when Bibby will be back, our bench as far as backup 2s go, the rest of the day as I watched these other games and the Knicks game was mentioned recapped in highlights (still not knowing for sure how serious Shump's injury was) I was giving serious thoughts of us signing Gilbert Arenas.

Also, I know 1st game in a shortened season with small time for training camp with your first assignment being Ray Allen is tough but Fields played pretty bad in my eyes. Not just what he lacked on defense but ppl call Melo a ball stopper, at least he manages to score, Fields stops ball movement and it's like he doesn't know how to make a decision or as if the game will wait on him. I aint turned on him but he needs to pick it up this season and have some type of positive impact. If it wasn't for TD I'd probably be shhitting on him the most.

Forgot about him. Would still like a guy who could create his own shot though and be a legit 3rd option.

Yeah that backcourt got EXPOSED..Baron Davis is the X factor for this team..If he underachieves, this team isn't going far in the playoffs..if he plays motivated and as well as he did on the Warriors (or at least close to it) this Knicks team can be dangerous...Carmelo put the team on his back and nobody could do anything to stop him.

BTW, let's not overlook how well Amar'e played offensively..He shot 8-11 from the field and the majority of his shots were deep jumpers..Of course I'd prefer he played more in the paint but the fact that his jumper was so effective shows that he worked a lot on his game the past off season. His defense was buns on Brandon Bass but he just doesn't match up well against him. Amar'e plays well against athletic forwards, but he sucks against physical guys. Hopefully as the season progresses, he'll improve defensively.

I also hope Tyson steps it up a little because even though he had 5 blocks, his defense wasn't very impressive. I saw a lot of plays where a player got to the paint and he reacted too late and didn't wanna attempt a block bc he wanted to avoid a foul. I don't want him in foul trouble but you can't keep giving guys free layups

Really don't understand why we didn't look at Bassy or Delonte West. I don't see how we can afford anyone that has the ability to create their own shot and play some point and besides who's available who can do that ? Especially for the vet min or 2.5 (think were holding onto that for K-Mart)

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Yeah that backcourt got EXPOSED..Baron Davis is the X factor for this team..If he underachieves, this team isn't going far in the playoffs..if he plays motivated and as well as he did on the Warriors (or at least close to it) this Knicks team can be dangerous...Carmelo put the team on his back and nobody could do anything to stop him.

BTW, let's not overlook how well Amar'e played offensively..He shot 8-11 from the field and the majority of his shots were deep jumpers..Of course I'd prefer he played more in the paint but the fact that his jumper was so effective shows that he worked a lot on his game the past off season. His defense was buns on Brandon Bass but he just doesn't match up well against him. Amar'e plays well against athletic forwards, but he sucks against physical guys. Hopefully as the season progresses, he'll improve defensively.

I also hope Tyson steps it up a little because even though he had 5 blocks, his defense wasn't very impressive. I saw a lot of plays where a player got to the paint and he reacted too late and didn't wanna attempt a block bc he wanted to avoid a foul. I don't want him in foul trouble but you can't keep giving guys free layups

Offensively he did fine. What kills me with his defense is that he just gives up. In tonights game he just seems to quit on certain plays. Another thing that bothers me in general is that he doesnt know how to play while in foul trouble. His quitting on defensive plays is even worse when he has a few fouls
30t6p3b.gif
. Hopefully he steps it up cuz he is a beast.

Melo just went off 
pimp.gif

Happy for the win. Made Xmas even better
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Really don't understand why we didn't look at Bassy or Delonte West. I don't see how we can afford anyone that has the ability to create their own shot and play some point and besides who's available who can do that ? Especially for the vet min or 2.5 (think were holding onto that for K-Mart)
That's why I mentioned Gilbert Arenas. Unfortunately, we'd be taking a risk on a guy that hasn't gotten "it" back (let alone his past injuries being a cause for concern). I'm sure he could be convinced to come here for the min. Keep in mind I bring him up out of necessity at this point not desire. Hell I'd even throw Redd back in to consideration. Another spot up guy isn't gonna cut it with what we need.

But if Shump can heal quickly maybe we can survive with Melo and STAT bailing us out with something like 15 games we'll play in the next 2 weeks. If Shump's out a month I wouldn't even bank on him being an immediate impact player upon his return or to just get back in to the swing of things. He only has 3 quarters of NBA play in the tank so far. We need to fill this hole now since we already had others to begin the season. Trust, things can get ugly quick. I'm just thinking of some quick fixes to prevent another season of the "same ol Knicks" So, I'd be willing to gamble on some guys. Spot up guys aint gonna be no better than having another Fields or Walker on the team at this point. We need a guy who doesn't only have the potential but has consistently shown they can be that guy for us in their past career. I'm thinking of all of this since TD is still our pg and I don't know when Bibby or Baron will play.

You right though aint any of our needs (outside of K-Mart) that are just available and I doubt we can pull off any trades that'll help us unless we get helped by Stern.

I agree with you about Shump any more than two weeks is gonna set him back crazy. He's our only slasher on the roster at the guard position and already our best perimeter defender we need him bad . Honestly I feel the same way you do about Arenas now after the injuries because we need help in our backcourt asap defensively and offensively. With Melo and Amare on the team I can see Gilbert contributing on the offensive end. We need to sign him and Bogans asap

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I like Shumpert's aggressiveness but he was chucking shots at some points on some Nate Robinson type stuff

He got to the basket at will and most of his shots were layups in which a few of them he was fouled and didn't get the call. He shot 3-13 and could've easily been 8-13 not mad at his shots at all

What I saw from Shump was good and bad. He was good defensively and hit open shots but him being a rookie showed when he guarded Ray during some possessions. I didn't mind him chucking given the squad he was out there with but I was frustrated with some of his shot selection. It seemed like it was nothing but positive things when he was out there playing with the starters for the most part but a different story with the 2nd unit.

Not to be negative but Wilcox hurting Shump reminded me of Tractor Trailer injuring Gallo so from the jump after seeing him hop in to the locker room I was already thinking about who we can get to replace him in the mean time.

If we get Bogans and Arenas or someone else somebody is gonna have to be cut
nerd.gif
(Walker? Balkman? Somebody else I don't remember, doubt guys like Novak or Bibby will get cut before getting a chance. I would say Jeffries but he's the only guy giving STAT rest.)

I think I will cut Walker to bring in those two. Bogans does what Walker does (shoot threes) but better and also is very good defender, Arenas is a better PG than Douglas but that isn't saying much though , I don't know how Melo and Amare would feel about bringing him in dude is the epitome of team cancer
laugh.gif
but on a vet min contract he can be cut and that will be RIP to his NBA career.

Fields has been terrible since the Melo trade.

Might be time to part ways. Don't seeing him bringing anything to the squad in the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom