let this thread die (NYK)

The change has to start at the coaching level. D'Antoni is notorious for being stubborn and not adjusting. He never had a team like this in PHX where the two stars are ball stoppers. There's no onus on either of them, and honestly Melo has a very selfish game. From what I saw of his game, Shump is the only guard on this team who is a threat on dribble penetration and we need that.

Woodson is credible enough to make these guys start playing defense. But Melo and Amare need to consistently dedicate themselves to that and these guys are super vets. Whether that will happen now remains to be seen, especially with Chandler there as insurance to wipe their blown assignments away. Chandler looks visibly frustrated.

This team with Phil Jackson would be scary. Dude won a Championship with Steve Kerr and Randy Brown as his backcourt. 
laugh.gif

Honestly I'd be fine if our two stars stopped trying to play defense. I've seen STAT in these last few games and he's been decent, I've seen him trying with help defense and trying to defend his man but all that usually ends up with him and Melo in foul trouble.

With the way this team is playing so far if we're nto making any more changes in personnel to improve our bench, I saw we just go back to out scoring other teams. Pringles will be fired at the end of the season anyway. The team's offense looks like we've never practiced. I saw one play the whole game with real ball movement that led to a 3 but other than that we're just a 1st round team.

EDIT

Another problem I'll have is if we do go on a winning streak against some of these less talented teams. Many of the problems/weaknesses that we'll still have will be forgotten or ppl will claim we solved them over time when that won't be the truth at all.

Originally Posted by rashi

This team with Phil Jackson would be scary. Dude won a Championship with Steve Kerr and Randy Brown as his backcourt. 
laugh.gif

But with MJ, Pip, and Ho Grant...

I don't see D'Antoni getting fired. I see them somehow getting Nash and letting them two have one more go at it. I hope I'm wrong.

Nah, no more chances for Pringles. This is basically 2 years in a row where the excuse of it's a new team that hasn't gotten enough time in training camp/not enough practices/don't know the system/etc is being used. It's true but oh well. I agreed last year but not anymore. At this point he's expected to adapt to that situation and improve the team in a different quicker way. No reason we should give a 3rd chance. I can excuse other seasons cuz the team sucked from top to bottom but now with 2 stars, he should be able to be showing why he was coach of the year material.

Even if we get Nash mid-season, that'll just add to him using the excuse again. I mean how many mid-season trades that are suppose to be improving the team are gonna be negative against him coaching with the same team a full season. Besides that Nash knows the system, so if he ended up here it should be clearer this is D'Antoni's last chance.

I wouldn't even call it being fired. His contract is up and we decided to part ways.

No one's talking about rebuilding, what kind of reading comprehension issues must one have to develop that conclusion? We just need to upgrade our backcourt and get a new coach. Those are the main issues that each of us have.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

To this day, a small part of me is a Chris Childs fan just because of that.
laugh.gif
Chris Child sucker punched Kobe and ran behind his teammates. Kobe would have lay out Chris Child if he ever get a chance to retaliate after being sucked punched in the throat

Sucker punched? They're both staring at each other in the face; one was serious, one wasn't.
laugh.gif

I believe 'chin checked' was the phrase you were looking for.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

No one's talking about rebuilding, what kind of reading comprehension issues must one have to develop that conclusion? We just need to upgrade our backcourt and get a new coach. Those are the main issues that each of us have.
seriously 
laugh.gif

i don't see crazy trade proposals. I see real problems that seem fixable for the most part. system, coach, game plan is what most people are complaining about. 

this team has no identity. Hasn't for years. A huge problem is that nobody know their role. nobody has a role. 

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

laugh.gif
Chris Child sucker punched Kobe and ran behind his teammates. Kobe would have lay out Chris Child if he ever get a chance to retaliate after being sucked punched in the throat
Kobe Bryant?

nba_g_bellbryant_195.jpg

No.

laugh.gif
I remember when that punch happened. Then that monday morning, you see a pic of kobe and childs on the back of the newspaper lol

funny times

i dont know if its just me but amare looks completely lost out there... last year he had trouble adjusting to melos game and now that chandler is stuck in the paint he has nowhere to go but shoot jumpshots all day... and its not like hes faster than his defender because he has power fowards guarding him instead of centers...he looks vunerable without the pick and roll...and im fed up with douglas... i stuck up for this guy saying hes good.. but if anything hes dumb... he doesnt know how to do the pick and roll and chucks up as many shots as melo or amare as if he was on the same level...shumpert is good but his shot selection is terrible and he chucks way too many shots...and he gets blocked a lot too... but his defense is definitely appreciated...you can call melo selfish all you want but he is clutch down the strech whether its hitting a game winner or carrying this team on his back in the fourth quarter but he can get buckets...and this team just sucks on offense...all this team does is shoot the ball they dont even try to get to the basket...i dont know if its because we dont have a good point guard or nobody can create their own shot or both... but at least try to get to the foul line...im hoping for a W on saturday but i wouldnt be suprised if they lose... this team relies way too much on the jumpers and melo and amare...

Originally Posted by DubA169

seriously 
laugh.gif

i don't see crazy trade proposals. I see real problems that seem fixable for the most part. system, coach, game plan is what most people are complaining about. 

this team has no identity. Hasn't for years. A huge problem is that nobody know their role. nobody has a role. 
I demanded a trade of Melo and Stat, but i was trollin'.

And how do you sucker punch someone staring you in the eye? Kobe only gets loud with smaller, white guards (Nash)

F all this...if these players want to win a championship, and be contenders like they claim they are...take the initiative, STEP THE F UP AND PLAY DEFENSE.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

This guy DubA has turned over a new leaf....

He's actually being composed and logical this season lol.
That's because he's finally sober.
that's a bit of a stretch. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

laugh.gif
Kobe Bryant?

nba_g_bellbryant_195.jpg

No.
Word..I respect Kobe like crazy because he's one of the top players in NBA history, but let's be real..Dude is soft when it comes to throwing those fists up..I've seen games where the defense hacks him ALL NIGHT and he just has that
grin.gif
look on his face..Don't get me wrong, you gotta be a professional and not throw punches in a game..But when a guy is straight up disrespecting you physically and putting you in harm's way, you gotta defend yourself, which he rarely (if ever) does...Don't act like you forgot when Reggie Miller went up to Kobe trying to fight him, and pushed him onto the scorer's table..Dude is like 120 pounds
laugh.gif
My sister could beat up Reggie Miller

Anyways, back to the Knicks..No excuses being made because this team has been playing pathetically, but what's good with these refs calling Techs on all our players over the dumbest crap? Carmelo says 1 thing and he gets a T after 2 seconds..Chandler gets ticky tack fouls called on him and gets frustrated and they call a T..Amar'e says something like "Come on man, that was a dumb call" and they T him up..And I don't wanna hear "The Refs do that to every NBA team" because watching nationally televised games, I see players doing much worse and refs let it slide...No conspiracy theories or anything but it's just annoying

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by DubA169

seriously 
laugh.gif

I demanded a trade of Melo and Stat, but i was trollin'.
Like I said, clowns. Maybe I gotta step up my trolling comprehension? You dudes are some sad pathetic sports fans though, who woulda thought this was the same arrogant crowd all in our thread last season
roll.gif
. But on to a serious note, I never thought that trade for Melo was a good one, yall coulda had a solid squad had you kept building around what was working.

Back
Top Bottom