let this thread die (NYK)

If the police gave me a free murder on anyone on earth without being punished for it, Toney Douglas would be first on that list..This dude is so terrible. How does he shoot TWO less shots than Amar'e?!? Amar'e is supposed to be offensive weapon 1A and has been an All-Star multiple times in his career, and we have a guy that should be coming off the bench shooting damn near 20 shots a game..And the worst part is he has a terrible FG %...6-17? Are you kidding me? Once you hit 12 shot attempts, if you haven't made at least 6, stop shooting unless there's nobody within 10 feet of you

Word, dude is such a scrub..The problem is, he's not a fast runner by any means for a starting NBA PG as young as he is..So when he runs the break, often times the defending PG is fast enough to catch up to him and contest his shot.. If the shot isn't there on the break, he needs to stop and reset the defense instead of thinking he's John Wall and just burned the entire defense.

Oh yeah, and I'll leave this here..

2011-12 OVERALL NBA RANKINGS
POINTS PER GAME
93.0 20th OVERALL

REBOUNDS PER GAME
35.2 30th OVERALL

ASSISTS PER GAME
17.4 25th OVERALL

POINTS ALLOWED
95.4 16th OVERALL

tired.gif

Stat wasn't looking this bad with Phx at ALL. Like remember when stat led the league in 4th quarter ppg last season?
Remember when he was 2nd in scoring for a good while? Remember when he was a candidate for MVP?

Like wth happened? IM CONFUSED! I know ray felton was here but defensively, he was different. Now he plays with the coordination of Kwame Brown with the Lakers.

I'm losing patience

Stat looks mad soft this year

Iman looks good though, talented and looks like he wants the ball at anytime

Hated D'Antoni since we signed him, can't wait to get him the hell out of NY

Tony Douglas wasn't this bad last year, don't know what happened

Fields is trash too

Fields and Douglas are playing terribly because they can't seem to handle the pressure of playing in NYC where the team is expected to make some noise..Sure it's easy to play well when it's a huge accomplishment for your team to make the playoffs..But when they lost key role players like Gallo, Chandler, and Felton, and suddenly they're expected to contribute a lot more, these guys crumble like a cookie..Fields looks lost out there and Douglas seems to wanna be the 3rd piece to a "Big 3" when that should be the last thing on his mind

That's what I love about Iman..This guy was drafted to the team with the expectations that this current squad could make a deep playoff run, and he didn't shy away from the pressure..He came out thinking "if you guys need me to be a key piece to the rotation in my 1st year, I'm ready for that"...Following him on Twitter, you see how confident dude is and he treats the team like it's his responsibility....He doesn't look at it like he's only a rookie n he shouldn't be asked to do much

Grunwald, Isiah, or whoever needs to call Sam Presti and see if he'll do Maynor for Landry + Toney / Walker / anyone off the bench but Shump, or Balkman.

Also has anyone noticed how because of Woodson, Pringles makes Herb sit behind the bench now? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Herb was on the bench last year. Dude keeps his brother on the bench instead of Herb? If Pringles' alcoholic lookin blood couldn't cut it as a head coach so his brother had to hire him, I'm terrified to know where his bball IQ is at.
indifferent.gif

Idk I kinda disagree that TD and Landry aren't cut for NY. TOo tired and angry to explain myself but IMO it has a lot to do with fitting into the coaching philosophy. At this time Tyson and Amar'e clearly aren't fitting in too well with the offensive scheme either. Are they not cut out for NY? Or is it their being used improperly on offense? I hear where you're coming from but I'm just sayin..

I'm pretty sure Herb is a big man coach. He works with Josh, Jerome, Tyson on their offense and defense. If I recall correctly he's not even part of Pringles team. I think son has been here since Don Cheney was coach.
http://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman
Marc Berman: The longer #Knicks talked about Charlotte in locker room, the more it sounded as if Bobcats are piece away from knocking off Miami in East.
Jared Zwerling: Melo: It can't get worse than this

That match up zone and switching does not work. I cringed every time I seen Stat at the top of the key. Run the pick n Pop against him and Toney looks like instant success

Them guys Mullen, Henderson, Diaw did not miss. But the knicks being lazy on defense and rebounding killed us

I forgot Stat didn't get to play basketball in the offseason

I think they might have to start letting Amare play the Center spot during the first half of the second quarter. That'll give him an easier opportunity to get his points the way he used to. The lane wouldn't be clogged and he can get back into a rhythm. Hopefully it'll prevent the second quarter collapses we've been having. Harrellson should get time next time him, seeing as he can step out of the paint.
Reading the post game comments, they all understand what did us in, defense. At least they can acknowledge the flaw on that end. We still have 60 games to go but we gotta show more effort sooner rather than later in this short season or else we aren't going anywhere.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Stat wasn't looking this bad with Phx at ALL. Like remember when stat led the league in 4th quarter ppg last season?
Remember when he was 2nd in scoring for a good while? Remember when he was a candidate for MVP?

Like wth happened? IM CONFUSED! I know ray felton was here but defensively, he was different. Now he plays with the coordination of Kwame Brown with the Lakers.

I'm losing patience

This s what confuses me as well. It's almost like he's a completely different player this year.
30t6p3b.gif
Fields & Douglas have been playing like crap this year as well and they were both really good last season. TD was big for us in the playoffs. I don't know what's going on with everyone , but they need to get their *@%+ together ASAP. The Garden boos are only gonna get louder.

132573289931473.jpg

Boris: yall told me all of them suck?!

the god Shump will not shoot like this again, but that doesn't matter, he should start immediately at the 1, 2 or 4.

maybe we should try the zone, the thing that made Tyson a monster.
switching is ******ed when we only have Shump and Tyson who can cover the switch
It makes me miss Wil even more...hurry back _effries.
and when Tyson switches the lane is a %%$#%$$ freeway.

Amar'e ... how the $*#* does Boris Diaw put you in the spin cycle?
ol Wayne Hunter lookalike bully getting bullied, turnstile.
I bet you we win if Amar'e takes another game off.

speaking of, how the $*#* does Jorts only play 3 minutes?

$*#* them worse for the way they started the game.
Toney was hitting the pick and roll
we were running sets that worked
there was movement on offense and we got back
gotme thinking, new looks Knicks coming to get ya.
eyes.gif

at first i thought it was just early season struggles (hopefully it is), but wow we look terrible. every game its either a lack of defense or a lack of offense smh. just some notes....

-i %@%**$% hate TD
-i never understood the hype around Fields
-shump needs to start idc at what position
-i honestly think the team gave up on pringles

Originally Posted by LovesIt

I'm losing patience

This s what confuses me as well. It's almost like he's a completely different player this year.
30t6p3b.gif
Fields & Douglas have been playing like crap this year as well and they were both really good last season. TD was big for us in the playoffs. I don't know what's going on with everyone , but they need to get their *@%+ together ASAP. The Garden boos are only gonna get louder.
what is there to be confused about? Early last season the offense ran thru Amar'e. Now we have Melo.

I swear this the only team in the league that runs no set plays when we really need a bucket 
laugh.gif

_'Antoni just stands there with his arms folded.

I still like Fields, he plays hard (can't say that about too many players on the team), isn't selfish, and does some of the dirty work.

Douglas. Whatever
laugh.gif

Team still doesn't know how to hedge on pick and rolls or box out. Instead they want to be lazy and switch everytime. Basic NBA basketball fundamentals that are clearly not being taught or enforced.

Amare forcing shots to get his is not the way to go.

If we keep losing at home yes

Guys this schedule is extremely easy. Teams off back and backs been beating us. Bad teams.

It can get much worse

New season, same problem for D’Antoni’s Knicks

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
8 hours, 24 minutes ago
tweet21
Email
Print
NEW YORK – For all the star power on the New York Knicks – a roster to resurrect Mike D’Antoni’s coaching career – Boris Diaw had come to deliver his old coach a most sobering “this-is-your-life

D'antoni is certainly to blame but this team also just isn't very good, a bum *#% cast surrounded by two overrated "superstars" who are black holes and play no D.

#BringBackWillAndGallo

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

D'antoni is certainly to blame but this team also just isn't very good, a bum *#% cast surrounded by two overrated "superstars" who are black holes and play no D.
Pretty much.

I'm losing patience
Remember when we hadn't yet gutted our team for Carmelo?

I was okay with giving it all up for a 'star'. now, I'm not so sure. I mean, the team was 2 games above .500 before his arrival and is 4 games under .500 since then (8 if you'd like to include the sweep). I'm not putting it on him, but if everyone else is getting thrown under the bus while Melo gets to drive it..well, I'm not sure that's fair. 

Back
Top Bottom