let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

.....considering it was the 3rd game in 3 nights for the 76ers they just looked out of gas in the 4th, the 79 points they scored? Doesn't hold much weight.

That excuse sucks. Teams are 6-1 on back to back to backs. The Sixers are the youngest team in the league not buying the tired excuse. They played the same way the whole game minus the first quarter. Sixers made their runs all throughout the game but our defense dare I say it neutralized them. "Tired" teams get blown out and they don't cut a 17 point lead in the 4th down to 4
I don't care about other teams though, I'm going by what I saw, and in the 4th all of their shots were short, they looked tired.
and the blown lead had more to do with the Knicks letting them back into the game with their careless turnovers leading to easy baskets, the Sixers at that point looked like they were ready to concede the game.

401157_344558312222772_149522418393030_1383324_2078744595_n.jpg

.....considering it was the 3rd game in 3 nights for the 76ers they just looked out of gas in the 4th, the 79 points they scored? Doesn't hold much weight.

What they did during that 4th quarter yesterday with the careless turnovers and i mean CARELESS), one on one basketball, and shooting with 4 seconds passing on the shot clock......I don't consider that knowing how to win a game, they tried their hardest to lose yesterday and the 76ers couldn't even make any wide open shot in the 4th cause they were exhausted.

Glad they have the win but at the same time, during the most important part of the game, they were heading for a free fall and dodged a bullet.

Every team on their 3rd game won this year until we beat the sixers. Plus they were on a huge win streak and very in sync.Tracy Morgan is hilarious. He went on the court an helped them shoot t shirts out.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I expect crappy Iso's late in games from this team as it currently stands.

Is that the coach or players fault
Coach for not having plays set up to finish games and making efforts to get the ball out of Melos hands to spread around the offense. And also the other players on the floor for just standing around once Melo gets the ball. He is doing what hes supposed to do by having the ball in his hands when the game is on the line being the star player on the team. It is up to the other guys on the floor to move around and give him a reason to pass out of the ISO. If no1 moves then he takes a bad shot out of the ISO out of necessity. 
Yea Melo forces a few here and there. But the other guys on the floor dont move like they do in the first 3 quarters. Not sure if they just expect Melo to finish the other team off so they just let him go. But it would make closing games much easier if other teams didnt KNOW it was going to Melo everytime down. 

That excuse sucks. Teams are 6-1 on back to back to backs. The Sixers are the youngest team in the league not buying the tired excuse. They played the same way the whole game minus the first quarter. Sixers made their runs all throughout the game but our defense dare I say it neutralized them. "Tired" teams get blown out and they don't cut a 17 point lead in the 4th down to 4
I don't care about other teams though, I'm going by what I saw, and in the 4th all of their shots were short, they looked tired.
and the blown lead had more to do with the Knicks letting them back into the game with their careless turnovers leading to easy baskets, the Sixers at that point looked like they were ready to concede the game.

Ok so I give it to you that they were tired late in the game but you don't think we were just as tired ?Both teams looked equally tired to me nothing more serious than a average game . Our starters are getting ran through the ground by Dantoni every night I'm sorry I can't concede that we won because Philly's fatigue level . One thing I liked about this game was that it was physical , yea it was alot of whistles but I saw 0 flopping tonight and it was refreshing

Random thought: When does the overseas season end?

I remember that Kenyon wanted to link up with the Knicks soon as his contract ends...

Chinese league was salty, cuz they thought he'd be a big star.

So even though his team released him, they won't let him come back til his team's season is over in March.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I expect crappy Iso's late in games from this team as it currently stands.
Is that the coach or players fault
Both. Pringles doesn't trust anybody but Melo to shoot or create shots for others when the game is close in the 4th so he doesn't run plays for anyone else unless it's STAT. Melo is asking for the ball in the 4th all the time and nobody on that team but STAT can say no and it seems he is not asking for it in the 4th and is cool with laying back for now and letting Melo close. Shump mentioned it before. He's not gonna tell Melo no when he asks for it. There is no experienced player in the 4th looking off Melo for another option and none of the other players are good enough to be taking shots unless they're wide open anyway.

Other thing that might be both Melo and Pringles fault is the lack of plays being called or executed for Melo. It seems Melo is most comfortable with the iso so Pringles lets him. Pringles is either not calling plays or they're ignoring them. No pick n pop for Melo, no pnr for Melo, no plays where Melo cuts to the hole, a give n go, etc. It seems like both of them are fine with Melo iso: takes contested shot, takes shot gets fouled, gets doubled passes to open man.

damn I just realized we played with an 8 man rotation. I'm petrified that Dantoni is gonna run them into the ground to keep his job.

damn I just realized we played with an 8 man rotation. I'm petrified that Dantoni is gonna run them into the ground to keep his job.

That's exactly what he's doing.

Bibby , Balkman , Novak, and Jordan need to play today .

Bibby claims he's injured or that his foot or back wasn't feeling right and asked to sit. I agree about giving Novak and Jordan playing time. Putting Balkman in is just to give guys rest but the roster isn't good so I wouldn't be eager to play a lot of these guys either.

What's good with Jeffries? Really can't wait for him to come back to expand the rotation.

I wanna see some more of Jerome Jordan too. I liked what I saw in the few minutes he's played so far.

[h1]Barkley: NYK 'not even close' to contending[/h1]
January, 12, 2012
Jan 12

4:47

PM ET

By Ian Begley

nba_g_barkley11_576.jpg

Ethan Miller/Getty ImagesThe Round Mound of Rebound had few kind words for the Knicks on Thursday.
Mike D'Antoni believes the Knicks have enough talent to compete for a championship.

Hall of Famer Charles Barkley disagrees. Strongly.

Appearing on ESPN New York 1050's "The Mike Lupica Show," Barkley skewered the Knicks, making it clear he's unimpressed with their uneven start.

"They're not very good," he said. "Well, let's see: they don't play defense, they don't rebound the ball and they don't have a point guard. Other than that, everything's lovely with them."

Listen to the complete interview:

Lupica asked Barkley if the Knicks have a chance to compete in the Eastern Conference.

"Oh, not even close," Barkley said. "Let me tell you something: Miami and Chicago are so far ahead of every team in the East."

Barkley playfully suggests that the rest of Eastern Conference regular season should be canceled so the Heat and Bulls can play in the conference finals.

Barkley goes on to rip the Knicks' signing of point guard Baron Davis to a veteran minimum contract. Davis is sidelined with a back injury and may return late this month.

"I don't think Baron Davis can hold up enough to run Mike D'Antoni's system," Barkley told Lupica. ".... Baron's been a terrific player in his day, but it ain't his day anymore."

Barkley, who is an analyst for TNT, spoke highly of rookie Iman Shumpert but said the 21-year-old is not a natural point guard. Barkley doesn't think the Knicks have a player on the roster who can succeed in running D'Antoni's system.

"I don't think a point guard by committee can run his system," he said.

Barkley: NYK 'not even close' to contendingNew York Knicks Blog By Ian Begley | Jan 12, 2012 4:47 PMEthan Miller/GettyImages The Round Mound ofRebound had few kind wordsfor the Knickson Thursday. Mike D'Antoni believes the Knicks have enough talent to compete for a championship.Hall of Famer Charles Barkley disagrees. Strongly.Appearing on ESPN New York 1050's "The Mike Lupica Show," Barkley skewered the Knicks, making it clear he's unimpressed with their uneven start."They're not very good," he said. "Well, let's see: they don't play defense, they don't rebound the ball and they don't have a point guard. Other than that, everything's lovely with them."Lupica asked Barkley if the Knicks have a chance to compete in the Eastern Conference."Oh, not even close," Barkley said. "Let me tell you something: Miami and Chicago are so far ahead of every team in the East."Barkley playfully suggests that the rest of Eastern Conference regular season should be canceled so the Heat and Bulls can play in the conference finals.Barkley goes on to rip the Knicks' signing of point guard Baron Davis to a veteran minimum contract. Davis is sidelined with a back injury and may return late this month."I don't think Baron Davis can hold up enough to run Mike D'Antoni's system," Barkley told Lupica. ".... Baron's been a terrific player in his day, but it ain't his day anymore."Barkley, who is an analyst for TNT, spoke highly of rookie Iman Shumpert but said the 21-year-old is not a natural point guard. Barkley doesn't think the Knicks have a player on the roster who can succeed in running D'Antoni's system."I don't think a point guard by committee can run his system," he said.You can follow Ian Begley on Twitter.

I dont think Barkley like the knicks always hates on them...last season nobody had Dallas winning it and they did...i think knicks have a good chance

Barkley doesn't like the Knicks but he didn't say nothing wild in that. I read that and it's pretty clear they're trying to make something out of what was said. "Chuck "rips signing of Baron" and then he's quoted as saying he doesn't think he can hold up and it's not Baron's day anymore. He "skewered" us by saying we're not very good when that's obvious as $$@+.

Just bringing more sensationalism to that report with all them extra adjectives and action words.
Originally Posted by Junrock21

I dont think Barkley like the knicks always hates on them...last season nobody had Dallas winning it and they did...i think knicks have a good chance
Chill, Mavs had a bench. We don't. Not saying we couldn't make some amazing run but we can't be compared to that team now.

id be happy to win a round lol. I just wanna see improvementwe arent title contenders. we dont know how to win yet. dont have the bench or coach either

i dont think knicks did anything bad to ewing my favorite knick of all time yea they did trade him but it was time to rebuild and they retired his jersey

Back
Top Bottom