let this thread die (NYK)

Knicks being used again. Watch Dolan step in and throw in Shump and the 2020-2030 1st round picks (if they arent traded already)

This is def for leverage on Orlandos part. Chandler isnt even tradeable till what, mid March?

Gallo is gonna be a star cause when he was NY he was overrated

Now Melo and Stat are not even top 10 fowards in the league

I don't buy into this trade. Dwight isnt built for NYC anyway, if you ask me. It's totally up to Dolan, he's only Happy if tickets are sold.

Stephen As rant was on point, but why Melo and Amare haven't talked to each other yet is beyond me.

Tyson can't be traded until 3/1. But if Amar'e was being offered for Paul, don't you think he feels disrespected?

From the NBA season thread 
Originally Posted by Al3xis

IMO, NY pressures are not that serious. Not in this day and age. Social media coverage runs laps around the NY media or any local press. 

Do the Knicks really need the biggest, baddest mofo around to handle all the pressures of the city? I personally don't buy it. LeBron was too soft, Dwight is too soft...well, I'd have loved to test that theory out.

Melo was the one 'built' for NYC and he's failing miserably..because of his game.
And I agree.

The biggest thing here would be pressure from the fans, as we've seen they're quick to boo when things don't go well. But ehh.. if Amare and Melo who came here willingly and wanted the spotlight aren't exactly responding to the fans boos.. I'm not worried about someone who is "too nice" playing here. 

We just need a PG. That's all. Most of our problems are because we don't have an actual floor leader. And with D'Antoni as the coach u need a floor leader.

Shump was that the first couple games when he got back from injury, but as a rookie he was only going to be able to hold the teams attention but so long. Add the pressure of performing and he's in a position he shouldn't be in.

Melo isn't a "leader". Not taking anything from Melo. He's still a top 10 player.

Amare is closer to a "leader" then Melo, but doesn't lead on defense.

Sadly, like I've already mentioned. The Knicks success relies on how well Baron plays when he's back and that's pretty sad IMO. But it is what it is. We only need the veteran leadership from him. He'll know who to give the ball to and when. He'll know when to look away from a guy. Transition will look a lot smoother and will help guys like Landry, Shump, Walker, Balkman etc. get easy baskets.

I had high hopes this year, not going to lie, but I also still feel like we can get to a solid level going into the playoffs to make a run.

Also, that Jorts injury is BIG.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

From the NBA season thread 

IMO, NY pressures are not that serious. Not in this day and age. Social media coverage runs laps around the NY media or any local press. 

Do the Knicks really need the biggest, baddest mofo around to handle all the pressures of the city? I personally don't buy it. LeBron was too soft, Dwight is too soft...well, I'd have loved to test that theory out.

Melo was the one 'built' for NYC and he's failing miserably..because of his game.
And I agree.

The biggest thing here would be pressure from the fans, as we've seen they're quick to boo when things don't go well. But ehh.. if Amare and Melo who came here willingly and wanted the spotlight aren't exactly responding to the fans boos.. I'm not worried about someone who is "too nice" playing here. 
I fail to see how Melo is "failing" or "crumbling" under the media pressure. He hasn't said anything out of character. The only thing I can see is he is over compensating a little on the court. He is taking the same shots he has taken through out his career, but is just in a slump.

I can see if Melo stopped taking shots and became timid, but he's still out there gunning.

Berman hiding in Gloria's bushes. Isola stalking melo's wife on twitter. our media isn't normal. 30 members watching a practice instead of 2.

one bad game and the sharks are out. It came out of the golden boy Gallo's own mouth. it's completely differant. It's funny that you guys think it's fake.

in miami they PROTECT lebron. I've read plenty of articles in their newspapers. Pat Riley has them wrapped around their finger. Bron would be crucified after the finals here, DESTROYED

Dwight and his missed free throws and dissapereng act would be crushed.

Either way, when people talk about the pressure of NYC they are obviously grouping the fans and media together. You can't separate the two.

Well I tend to group pressure from the fans with media when I talk about the NY pressure. Melo wanted this and right now he's obviously in a rut but he's not crumbling under the pressure. I do notice that he noticed when the fans yell out pass the ball and boo him when he starts dribbling to much and stops ball movement. Fans and media have yet to get on Amar'e's case with his slow start.

I just feel that Dwight is a different animal altogether. We're talking about the best center in the league. He's on a completely different level from the rest. The expectations would be ridiculous and I feel media and fans would be quicker to criticize. It'd be the same pressure LeBron would've got.

Well, I think for a once educated fan-base..the majority of Knicks fans in MSG have looked like complete morons lately. It's like we're Philadelphia fans now and just boo because it's funny to do. God forbid MSG ever sounded like OKC's arena. I even saw a MIAMI game (not making this up) on Sunday where the fans actually supported them and got up out of their seats to try to get the team to make a run when they were sucking instead of throwing boos at the team. I understand those teams are in different spots than us, but still..MSG does not get loud and supportive until there is a reason to be. It stinks. It seems like it's 50% corporate, and 50% bitter.

Dwight's just a lame and I'd rather not have to root for him, but I don't see the media (or fans) undermining his ability as a basketball player. The guy will roll out of bed and get 15 boards and give you elite defense no matter where you put him or what you say about him.

And I wasn't saying that Melo is failing for any reason BUT his game. Media/fans won't/don't bother him just like they wouldn't for anyone else. Him and Amare's issues right now are 99.% basketball related far as I can tell.

Is it different for a guy like Gallo? Sure. Is it different for a mega-star who has their every move scrutinized by a national media already? I don't know.
If Dwight and LeBron can't handle NY and succeed under the microscope we might as well pack it in and move the team out to Buffalo. Seriously, if those 2 can't make it work, who the heck would? 

all we need is a pg and a solid scoring sg we ont need Dwight and getting rid of stat and Tyson will only make the troubles worse. IMO all the trouble we are having is due to not having a training camp thus haveing a lack of chemistry. the Knicks will bounce back just be patient

We're still letting dudes troll us? Dwight's going somewhere warm, unless A FEW gm's #%@$ it up and we get that unDolanesque luck.

People are making too big a deal out of him being soft, though...
If he's a foul trouble mess...there's no saving him...but his defense is gonna apologize for most of what he might not do on offense...We haven't seen something like him since Ewing...but there's a difference this time...Yall are acting like like we wouldn't blame it all on Melo not being clutch enough.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

But on a deeper level. What does it mean that we'd blow up our team for the 4th (5th?) time in 2 years? Our old core didn't work and that summer of 2010 was too big a chance to improve...I get that. But that's one hell of a statement we're making to the league. Sign with us, work immediately or there's the door, no matter who you are. Cuz there's always gonna be a new big name around the corner, so what?

I'm just ready to get a jersey that kinda lasts is what I'm sayin.
grin.gif

If i'm the knicks i do this trade in a heartbeat. Not because it will instantly make this team better but what people aren't talking about is the cap room it will free up to make a run at a few quality players in Free Agency.. I completely think they overpaid for chandler and this is a chance to fix that.

If you get Howard, a PF isn't a vital position, get a guy who can knock down jumpers and plays Good Defense and your fine. It also would give them the ability to go after a PG (Not superstar status) but a very good PG because the league is flooded with them these days. Shump is going to eventually become a very good 2 man

So all they would have to do is fillout there bench and this trade puts them in position to do that

Al3xis wrote:
Well, I think for a once educated fan-base..the majority of Knicks fans in MSG have looked like complete morons lately.
I agree...I mean a part of me gets it. We sucked for a decade, sucked on purpose for a while, for a player we didn't get. After blowing up our team we still sucked, but then got fun and fast and decent and lovable...then blew up our team again...and again...and have been worse than decent since. I think a lot of Knick fans aren't sure why they're even Knick fans...why they paid so much (more than the Duhon-Lee days) when we're not even playing better than those days. I think a lot of bandwagoners are mad that they hitched on too early. And I think that repetition of failure...watching guys mess up in the exact same way over and over just works down the knowledgeable people. And those prices.
laugh.gif

Dwight's just a lame and I'd rather not have to root for him, but I don't see the media (or fans) undermining his ability as a basketball player.

If Dwight and LeBron can't handle NY and succeed under the microscope we might as well pack it in and move the team out to Buffalo. Seriously, if those 2 can't make it work, who the heck would? 

these.

LeBron just doesn't have it in him. I think we all have seen that when he went ghost against the Celts back in the playoffs. After last season it's pretty much confirmed he'd be devoured here. Some players are just not built for that and don't want it. rather have the fans love them 24/7.

Also, NY fans will never be like OKC fans. They just got their team, they have a lot to be happy about. NY fans don't have short memories, they're not going to be joyfully optimistic each season. So no we won't sound like the OKC arena until our team deserves it. I mean they're paying hundreds of dollars to see that?

Besides lets not act like the Knicks didn't get a round of applause after getting swept by the Celts last year.

oh it could still work with bron or dwight. They are mega talents. It just has a higher fail percentage. a Bron and Dwight squad out of OKC has a better chance at winning a championship than one in NYC. I'm not saying it's the most important factor by any means. That's just how I see it. It's harder to win here. You have to deal with alot of crap and distractions.

It just takes one championship to please everyone.

the crowd booing them this year has a very different feel then anything i've seen in the Garden. During the isiah years the booing this bad. It was even comical at times with all the lawsuits and ******s on this squad. This is a different monster.

I sense alot more anger and resentment. Mostly at the owner. This jerk off undermined his own GM and gutted the team, took the knicks viewing privileges away from half the city, jacked the price up before they WON ONE PLAYOFF GAME. They start having these commercials hyping the knciks as a championship squad.

then you have immense anger over what looks like one of the most inept, stubborn coach many have seen. doesn't know how to calla timeout. tries to install a gimmick no defense having system in a City that craves for the opposite.

then you have players who play iso and don't hustle and helped us lose talent in an unnecessary trade.

people are mad as hell and they aren't going to take it anymore. They are frustrated and feel like they got played. imagine taking your kid to see the knciks get blown out by a lottery team over and over? spending 300 a ticket.

The NY media will $*+# on anybody, Dwight is the most consistent force in the league, he would be fine here.  Plus he's younger than Amar'e and is more suited to play with Melo.

Originally Posted by tyisny

If i'm the knicks i do this trade in a heartbeat. Not because it will instantly make this team better but what people aren't talking about is the cap room it will free up to make a run at a few quality players in Free Agency.. I completely think they overpaid for chandler and this is a chance to fix that.

If you get Howard, a PF isn't a vital position, get a guy who can knock down jumpers and plays Good Defense and your fine. It also would give them the ability to go after a PG (Not superstar status) but a very good PG because the league is flooded with them these days. Shump is going to eventually become a very good 2 man

So all they would have to do is fillout there bench and this trade puts them in position to do that
What cap room will be freed up if we get Hedo's and Dwight's contract? Is Hedo on his last year? NVM he has 3 years left on his contract. You talking reckless. Real question I'm not sure. Cuz the way I see it Hedo and Dwight is the same amount of cap space roughly as Tyson and STAT.

Can you name these PFs you're talking about that are FAs instead of just describing a type? Cuz all you're doing is the same shh ppl did after last season. Can you name some of these available very good PGs that have flooded the league? Cuz somehow we missed out on all of those guys this past offseason.

How does this trade put them in any better position to fill out their bench than the Melo trade did? Are you looking at our cap #s before and after this trade when you  state all this?

I'm not even saying anyone who buys a ticket in MSG should not boo this team right now (go for it. I probably would, too), but if then to turn around and we have an attitude that is 'you're too soft to be a Knick, we'll crucify you if you mess up'....I don't think it does anyone much good. In a perfect world, people stop buying tickets and that gets the message to the right man...but that's never gona happen.

Far as LeBron/Dwight or anyone else goes -- Ewing came from the most coddled and protected place in the world and stepped into NYC as a savior, he found his way and learned to deal....both a fan base that didn't truly embrace him and a rabid press. To write others off before they even step into NYC seems shortsighted to me. People can learn how to deal with things and deflect/embrace what they choose.

Man im torn... I dont know if i want D12 in NY for Amare or Chandler.
I completely agree with what SAS said. Melo can ball. STAT is the man that came to NY when no1 else would and balled all last year. Chandler is the glue.

Why cant we just fire mike *#*@+! dantoni first?

The team doesnt believe. They dont believe in him. When you dont believe or buy into the culture Dantoni brings... They dont want to play. They play disintrested. sloppy and lazy...

Before they move anyone.. just FIRE THE %*#!@#$%**%!!

Back
Top Bottom