let this thread die (NYK)

laugh.gif

Oh how I miss that show.

Dwight is ending up here or LA. The Magic rather trade him here because they want vets that are under contract and that are established so they can continue to put butts in the seats of that new arena they just built. He's not gonna get traded to L.A IMO because Bynum is a free agent after next season and someone will give him a max which the Magic won't afford to do because even after losing Dwight for nothing they will still be over the cap (thanks Hedo). The Lakers also can't afford to take on Turkey glues contract like we can which you know Dolan will do. Honestly I think it's us or he walks as a free agent .

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Man im torn... I dont know if i want D12 in NY for Amare or Chandler.
I completely agree with what SAS said. Melo can ball. STAT is the man that came to NY when no1 else could and balled all last year. Chandler is the glue.

Why cant we just fire mike @$!*@# dantoni first?

The team doesnt believe. They dont believe in him. When you dont believe or buy into the culture Dantoni brings... They dont want to play. They play disintrested. sloppy and lazy...

Before they move anyone.. just FIRE THE %$#@%#*@!!+*!
baron believes in the D'Antoni system 100%. and when your floor general believes, the whole team does. Our current PGs lack the ability to get open and wait for a play to develop. It's either a quick feed to melo, or get open and shoot.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Dwight is ending up here or LA. The Magic rather trade him here because they want vets that are under contract and that are established so they can continue to put butts in the seats of that new arena they just built. He's not gonna get traded to L.A IMO because Bynum is a free agent after next season and someone will give him a max which the Magic won't afford to do because even after losing Dwight for nothing they will still be over the cap (thanks Hedo). The Lakers also can't afford to take on Turkey glues contract like we can which you know Dolan will do. Honestly I think it's us or he walks as a free agent .
If LAL is forced to add in Pau then they take Hedo. Then they can give Bynum the max. Even if they keep Hedo ORL can still give Bynum the max since they have his bird rights and he can resign with them once traded there. I don't believe it's us or FA at all. Dwight putting us on his list is more weak than when other players use us for leverage.

Dwight = best center in the league, defensive, fresher knees

If its Chandler + Amare for Dwighr. Wouldnt ORL have to throw in J. Rich or Big Baby ?

lol Knicks fans getting hyped as usual.

Trading away Amare and Chandler for Howard + fillers does NOTHING, but make your team worse.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Dwight = best center in the league, defensive, fresher knees

If its Chandler + Amare for Dwighr. Wouldnt ORL have to throw in J. Rich or Big Baby ?
I looked at in the trade machine and it'd have to be Hedo. He has 3 years at like 11 mil while Tyson is at 13. Amar'e and Dwight match up fine. If not Hedo they could add in multiple players like the ones you mentioned but like everyone else I think they want to dump Hedo's contract.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

lol Knicks fans getting hyped as usual.

Trading away Amare and Chandler for Howard + fillers does NOTHING, but make your team worse.
Offensively
Dwight>Amare

Defensively
Howard>Chandler

It would prob be Hedo.

Him and Melo on the same team might throw the earth off its axis.

They would have to extend the game atleast another 2 quarters for them to both get enough shots.

Id still do it tho.

Then amnesty Hedo next year
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

It would prob be Hedo.

They would have to extend the game atleast another 2 quarters for them to both get enough shots.

Id still do it tho.

nerd.gif

We have no amnesty anymore

We can cut him but well take a 6 mill cap hit though .

Jordan’s playing time won’t increase during the six-week absence of rookie forward Josh Harrellson, who suffered a broken wrist Saturday night. D’Antoni said Jared Jeffries’ minutes will go up and Anthony will play extra minutes at power forward.

indifferent.gif

Man $#!@ Dantoni' Melo is NEVER gonna get healthy

If Amar'e is sent packing before D'Antoni gets fired, I will be livid. Amar'e has only been bad for a short span..D'Antoni has been bad since he got here..Yeah, he didn't have the talent to pull out wins before last season, but how many games in the past did we lose because of his dumb coaching? Even with David Lee, there were games where the team would be up by 10-15 late in the game and we KNEW the team would find a way to lose. When the coach tells you to shoot with 7 seconds or less even when you have a lead, that's how you lose games.

Then they said "Give him a whole training camp with Melo n STAT and we'll see"..Uhhh, there was no training camp..So are we just gonna throw this season away too and hope he does work next year? Amare won't be MORE explosive or in better shape next year, so why waste away another year of his contract? Dude is making $20mil a year, not 5.

And to address the Booing situation..I hate that the fans are booing, but can you blame them? There are a lot of uppity corporate douche bags in MSG but there are also regular, lower-middle class people that can only afford to make it to 1-2 games a year MAX..You want them to cheer when they spent money out the #%$ to watch their favorite team because Dolan's greedy #%$ wanted to triple the ticket prices? If someone wants to take their kids to a game and not sit in the nose bleeds, they're gonna drop like $500 on one game for ehhh seats. I would boo too

Jordan’s playing time won’t increase during the six-week absence of rookie forward Josh Harrellson, who suffered a broken wrist Saturday night. D’Antoni said Jared Jeffries’ minutes will go up and Anthony will play extra minutes at power forward.

indifferent.gif

Man $#!@ Dantoni' Melo is NEVER gonna get healthy

Man, D'Antoni needs to be fired RIGHT NOW.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

It would prob be Hedo.

Id still do it tho.

nerd.gif
Even if we had the amnesty you can't amnesty a player after trading for them.

laugh.gif
@ Pringles. He must hate Jordan.

We actually can take on Hedo without involving Pau. We have to get a third team involved but it is possible. I believe some work had been done with Houston but we have to wait and see. Honestly I think he will end up in NY with D-Will coming along too. Them two want to play together and hey why not have another super team battle Mia?

At this point I rather see D'antoni fired than land Dwight. With Dwight, we're gonna have a glaring hole at PF and I don't see us bringing anyone in to fill it.

Originally Posted by tupac003

We actually can take on Hedo without involving Pau. We have to get a third team involved but it is possible. I believe some work had been done with Houston but we have to wait and see. Honestly I think he will end up in NY with D-Will coming along too. Them two want to play together and hey why not have another super team battle Mia?

As long as he doesn't go to the Nets with Deron i'm good , I would love him on the Knicks but it wouldn't bother me at all to see him out the East and not in Brooklyn.

Report: Knicks Considering Trade For Dwight Howard

January 24, 2012 1:21 PM

Reporting Tim Kephart

ORLANDO, Fla. (CBSMiami) – Business may be about to pick up in a big way for the Orlando Magic and center Dwight Howard.

According to multiple reports, the Orlando Magic have talked with the New York Knicks about a possible trade that would send Howard to the Knicks in exchange for Knicks power forward Amar’e Stoudemire and center Tyson Chandler.

For the Magic, they must make a quick decision on Howard. If he will not re-sign with the team long-term, and he’s given no indication he will; then the Magic have to trade him to get some pieces rather than losing him for nothing once free agency starts.

On the other hand, the Knicks spent a lot of resources trying to secure a lineup that includes Carmelo Anthony, Chandler and Stoudemire.

The Knicks gave Stoudemire a max contract to get him to New York and then gave up half the franchise to get Anthony into a Knicks uniform.

The Knicks used their one-time amnesty clause in the offseason to sign Chandler in order to fortify the middle of its defense.

But, the Knicks have struggled mightily to start the season. The Knicks are currently in third place in the Atlantic Division and on the outside looking in from the playoffs race.

The problem for the Knicks has been the ball will stop offensively with either Stoudemire or Anthony.

Carmelo has been the primary issue as the ball stops rotating once he gets the ball and he moves into more of an isolation type-mode and eventually shoots the ball.

If the Knicks did pull the trigger and trade for Howard, it would give the team the most notable big man since Patrick Ewing was manning the middle in the 1980’s and 1990’s.

Howard averages 21 points and 16 rebounds per game this season along with 2.4 blocks.

Last season, New York traded Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the team’s 2014 first-round pick, a Warriors 2012 second-round pick, and a 2013 Warriors second-pick along with $3 million in cash for Anthony.

If the trade went through, the Knicks would have a gaping hole at power forward with the likes of Josh Harrellson, Jared Jeffries, Jerome Jordan, and Steve Novak to man the power forward position.

The team is also still banking on Baron Davis being a major contributor down the stretch, which given his injury history is a major gamble.

But, the pressure is on the Knicks to right the ship in a hurry and bringing in Howard might be the catalyst that owners need to hire former Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls head coach Phil Jackson out of retirement.

Jackson is a former Knicks player and has said recently the possibility of coaching the Knicks is intriguing.

Damn D-12 and Phil Jackson...Hell its been long enough NY NEEDS a championship. 

Back
Top Bottom