let this thread die (NYK)

All we needed was someone who wouldn't throw the ball away and could set up offense under pressure.
So a normal point guard.
Instead we gave the ball to Toney.

In the same situation, I think we win this game with Baron, I mean it was chuck and suck with TD the rest of the way.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

For dudes who watched the game why complain about the 3pt attempts? These guys are garbage with no Melo to fall back on or blame. This aint like the game against Cha where they showed great ball movement. The Heat plays defense. They knew what it was when they came in to this and decided to jack up 3s and fight that way. If not yall would've got that 40pt loss yall wanted.
THIS IS TRUE!

Sooner or later...yall gonna have to stop using lack of a point guard to run a p&r as an excuse for Amare. You dont give 100 million to a dude if he cant perform at his best night in and night over something like that.

Trade Melo to Portland to get Felton back, along with Gerald Wallace and a first rounder.
I swear I would do this 
laugh.gif

Or just call Denver and see if they're willing to reverse the trade.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Trade Melo to Portland to get Felton back, along with Gerald Wallace and a first rounder.
I swear I would do this 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

I can see the NY championship banners coming in year after year with either of those moves.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Sooner or later...yall gonna have to stop using lack of a point guard to run a p&r as an excuse for Amare. You dont give 100 million to a dude if he cant perform at his best night in and night over something like that.

This.

I swear I would do this 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

I can see the NY championship banners coming in year after year with either of those moves.

laugh.gif

Well your window of opportunity isn't that big right now bro. You guys need a quick turn around asap, Stat is 10 years in and Melo is 9. 

This isn't a young team. Either turn around asap or get rid of those 2 and invest in your future. Because as long as the Heat got Bron and Wade, no one in the East will beat them except for the Bulls.

I swear I would do this 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Well your window of opportunity isn't that big right now bro. You guys need a quick turn around asap, Stat is 10 years in and Melo is 9. 

This isn't a young team. Either turn around asap or get rid of those 2 and invest in your future. Because as long as the Heat got Bron and Wade, no one in the East will beat them except for the Bulls.
both melo and amare are playing garbage.... and melo is injured so he has an excuse but amare is healthy so i dont know what his problem is but are you serious with this trade scenario or just trolling? melo for felton and wallace? hell no... these guys aren't young but they aren't old either compared to the spurs or the celtics.... so i have no idea what you are talking about... knicks need a 100% healthy team that plays to their potential and a competent point guard... both of which they dont have 

i remember Amare talking about how the knicks are wanting to catch the heat in the playoffs.. but at this pace they need to catch the sixers..

"We did hold them to 99 points. If we found an extra. 15 points, we would've won the game" - D'Antoni on tonight loss against the Heat

roll.gif

I think Knicks need to get rid of either Melo or Stoudemire.  Both can't play together.  They're both ballstoppers.  If neither play well, then guys like Toney Douglas and Iman Shumpert start playing hero ball and try to start doing so much when neither one have any business doing so.  A lot of people are looking at Baron to be the savior, but seriously how is he gonna be motivated to play when the Knicks are under .500?  It's no secret that he only plays well on good teams, and the Knicks aren't a good team right at all right now.  Someone mentioned they wouldn't mind getting Gilbert, but he's definitely the last person the Knicks should even consider.  No need for another shoot-first guard. 

Probably time to start thinking about blowing this team up and starting over.

Originally Posted by LovesIt

"We did hold them to 99 points. If we found an extra. 15 points, we would've won the game" - D'Antoni on tonight loss against the Heat

roll.gif
I will punch D'Antoni in the face if I get close to him at any of the games I go to this year.

I swear I would do this 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

And Gerald Wallace is 10 years in the league and his statistics have dropped every single year since 2009..Gerald Wallace/Felton/Amar'e isn't beating a team like the Bulls or Heat in the playoffs so it doesn't make the team any better off than it currently is...Let's stop acting like injuries shouldn't affect a "star player." Dude is human..Before he injured his wrist, he played pretty well during the first 10 or so games of the season..Once all those injuries added up, his numbers dropped dramatically.

This was the game plan stay close til BD came and hope he was ready for the moments...
Diddy's ready. You all media want to act like you all didnt think - Billups + Chandler and B Diddy, or Gilbert wasnt a better team.

The sheer amount of 3's is insane, but the Heat are too good defensively for the players we have to routinely get to the basket or try to make plays. That was the only way we could have beat the Heat tonight. Slow the game down, get hot from outside, and don't make mistakes..

I'm not even interested enough in blaming any one party. One thing that annoys me about the complaints, is if people say it's absolutely the coach's fault because they hate him so much.. and ignore the weaknesses of our roster. Or blame a player for being asked to do something he can't do or has never been known to do well. There's a lot of problems, not one thing solves them all. The coach shouldn't be putting players like Douglas in a position they're not suited for. It's frustrating to watch Douglas struggle in the pick and roll, and that's as much his fault as it is the coach. Melo gets a fair share of the blame for playing hero ball. Amare gets the blame for being so ineffective without a component PG. It isn't his fault he doesn't have a guard who can run the pick and roll with him, but at the money he's getting paid, he needs to play better... period. Management gets the blame for not being able to put quality role players around our stars. Dolan gets the blame for existing.. and particularly for putting a big name ahead of what might be best for the team.

Maybe the team has tuned out D'Antoni. Maybe letting Woodson take over would solve something, maybe not. Short of Phil Jackson coming in and working his zen master magic, even then.. he would need the ghost of Red Auerbach to be his assistant coach and even then, we still might struggle.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by LovesIt

roll.gif
I will punch D'Antoni in the face if I get close to him at any of the games I go to this year.

laugh.gif
fullblown George Bush status

Can we stop bringing up Billups? Dude is washed up..Son is shooting 33% from the field but because he's on the Clippers the media will keep slurping him and calling him "Mr Big Shot"

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

This was the game plan stay close til BD came and hope he was ready for the moments...
Diddy's ready. You all media want to act like you all didnt think - Billups + Chandler and B Diddy, or Gilbert wasnt a better team.

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

Back
Top Bottom