let this thread die (NYK)

i think amare playing power forward is effecting his game more than melo being on the same team with him... he plays well as a pick n roll player and plays better as a center... i think chandler clogging the paint messed up amares game...but his constant turnovers is really his problem

Originally Posted by you go boy

i think amare playing power forward is effecting his game more than melo being on the same team with him... he plays well as a pick n roll player and plays better as a center... i think chandler clogging the paint messed up amares game...but his constant turnovers is really his problem

Exactly , it's not Melo who has cause Amare's poor play it's the spacing with having a real center on the floor. He also played well when Shaq was in Phoenix but again this is with Steve Nash and being surrounded by shooters. Teams now just pack the paint because we can't shoot threes or hit the mid range jumper consistently.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

There were some plays ran but in the fourth quarter the gaped widened in favor of just passing the ball around and shooting a 3.
We just kept turning the ball over. I'm pretty sure at one point we turned the ball over 3 times in a row which had the lead grow to 7 or 9. From then on they kept that distance for the most part outside of the one time we brought it to 6.

Basically the team got tentative, lost faith in the 3 and since that was the only thing working for us we had nothing else to comeback with. The inside plays by TD and Fields and buckets from STAT never gave us the momentum to make another comeback.

Those fouls calls damn sure didn't help either. It's like they were trying to make to heat reach 100 pts or some $#@!

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Why is everyone blaming Dantoni. Clearly the Knicks is just not a good team period. Amare need a good pg like Nash. No one beside Melo can create their own shots or go iso effectively which lead to everyone chucking up 3s and hope that they go in
Because dude is actually a bad coach if you watch it from a technical standpoint.  Like someone said earlier "there is no gameplan or adjustments".  Just look angry and yell "let's go" over and over.

At the end of the day...our biggest problem is Amar'e decline in play.
I don't know if its physical or mental but he's 1/3 of the player he was last season.

If he was playing up to par everything would be ok.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

At the end of the day...our biggest problem is Amar'e decline in play.
I don't know if its physical or mental but he's 1/3 of the player he was last season.

If he was playing up to par everything would be ok.

QFT. Amare played with no PG alot last year since Billups was always injured and he still dominated . This no PG excuse is annoying and tired yea Felton helped him get easy buckets but 95% of Amare's game was that wet mid range jumper and isolation drives to the hoop .

New cable (finally got fios
pimp.gif
).
Same Knicks.
frown.gif

Houston's habit of playing down to bad teams makes me sick. I know the Knicks do have a lot of talent,
but they should really be up like 15 points on them instead iof letting them hang around so the Knicks can
gain confidence and beat them in the end.

Open lane to the rim only to completely miss layup and it'd not TD but Lin.

Looking like a lateral move to me. No bright side since I'm not sure Pringles is sending a message to Walker or those other bums. Just experimenting with Lin.
Originally Posted by Peep Game

Houston's habit of playing down to bad teams makes me sick. I know the Knicks do have a lot of talent,
but they should really be up like 15 points on them instead iof letting them hang around so the Knicks can
gain confidence and beat them in the end.
Don't worry Houston can only play down to a certain depth. Knicks can be bottomless.

This team sucks from 3 this year.. so the way I see it, Amaré can't penetrate because the paint is clogged up for the most part.. that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom