let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

did they really jack up 40+ three pointers?
TA DA
DANTONI-THE-MAGICIAN.jpg

A magician must always leave his fans confused

Serious question:

If you fire D'Antoni, who do you expect to play PG for this team next season? Surely not Nash.

To everyone complaining about the volume of 3's taken, do you have a better idea of what would've worked tonight? Can't say attack the hoop when your only option is an erratic rookie guard.

HTTB:
43 three point attempts?!
30t6p3b.gif

CotDAMN!
laugh.gif
LovesIt:
"We did hold them to 99 points. If we found an extra. 15 points, we would've won the game" - D'Antoni on tonight loss against the Heat

roll.gif

I don't believe you.
laugh.gif
"Found an extra 15 points"?
roll.gif

Why is everyone blaming Dantoni. Clearly the Knicks is just not a good team period. Amare need a good pg like Nash. No one beside Melo can create their own shots or go iso effectively which lead to everyone chucking up 3s and hope that they go in

I'd take Chris

Hornets To Pursue Trade Of Chris Kaman Jan 27, 2012 10:04 PM EST

The Hornets will stop playing Chris Kaman as they look for a trade.

"We had a conversation with Chris and expressed that the Hornets are going to go in a different direction. We mutually decided for a number of reasons that we are not going to play Chris as we pursue a trade. Chris has been the ultimate professional during this process and we thank him for the way he has handled the situation."

roll.gif
 for a split second, I thought of Chris Paul. (Only to realize "wait a minute..dude's a clipper now" lol)

How you gonna say it's not D'antoni when you got them chucking 43 threes with absolutely no ball movement? Disgusting.

Its everyone fault, plus this roster is very flawed anyway.

He is just one of many problems.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Calderon is on the block.

Hmmm Calderon for douglas?

Contracts don't match it would have to be something like Calderon, Amir Johnson, and Bargnani for Amare and Douglas which I would do . Bargnani would compliment Melo like no other "big" in the league.

Can we please put an end to the fiction that we're better on offense (or anything, really) with Carmelo Anthony off the floor?

We've been 8.5 points better on offense per 100 possession with Anthony on the court, and 5.6 points better on defense. Even including a bunch of terrible shooting games stemming from injury, that's a top 5 caliber impact.

I groaned every time we hit an ill-advised, lucky three last night. It was inevitable we'd have a game like this, we have players who have been quality shooters in the past and we had to regress to the mean at some point. But I groaned because I knew result-oriented Knick fans would deem one coincidental, unsustainable shooting performance as the result of sublime ball-movement enabled by the departure of Melo.

Carmelo Anthony is not the problem for the Knicks. What we saw last night was not "good offense." It was nothing more than the Heat packing the paint and daring us to beat them from three, D'Antoni rolling the dice knowing we'd need a perfect 12 to win, and us rolling a 10 or 11.

Melo is not Stephon Marbury, and it's not his fault that only he and Tyson Chandler have played within 30% of their usual ability this season. Fields has been better lately but was just complete garbage before Melo's injury. TD has become like that kid in little league who's a little slow in the head, so you just let him play and hope for the best because he's trying out there, bless his little heart.

And Amar'e... well... I don't know if I've ever seen a player so exposed. He's as one-dimensional as Shawne Williams was now. No post game, takes a detour into Turnovertown on every drive to the basket... and can't even hit the midrange shot he was at least okay at last season. Last year's Amar'e finished well, even off isolation. He has more junk in the trunk than many of us had imagined before we got him, busting out smooth finger rolls and little leaning momentum one-handed runners that Mike Breen would constantly remark were insanely tough shots. Early in the season he had no chmistry with Felton but was still tossing up 25 ppg on decent efficiency just on talent. All I can say is, the only reason Melo's gotten all this blame while Amar'e's gotten off scott free is the warm feelings many of us still have from last season. I don't know about you but for me those are fading fast.

Very good post from RealGM

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

How you gonna say it's not D'antoni when you got them chucking 43 threes with absolutely no ball movement? Disgusting.
There was ball movement, it just ended with players shooting 3s for the most part. Earlier in the game they got some penetration from the holes in MIA's defense cuz they have no presence in the middle (which was mostly Fields cuz he's the only guy who cuts/slashes) but in the 4th they shut that down. It wasn't like every player would just heave it uponce they got the ball (except TD obviously and Walker who was hot). Novak, Bibby, Shump and even Jeffries were getting set up for the 3s they took.

I don't know how yall look at one stat and go off. The bench actually produced last night. Cut the 3s attempted in half and the game is a joke.

Calderon is on the block.
Contracts don't match it would have to be something like Calderon, Amir Johnson, and Bargnani for Amare and Douglas which I would do . Bargnani would compliment Melo like no other "big" in the league.
Madness.

I'm tired of seeing trade proposals where in the long run we're taking a step back  not forward.

FTR, I'm not for any Melo or Amar'e trade. Same dudes making these fantasy trades were loving Amar'e for leading the team to wins this time last year and were saying there's no way you don't make a trade for Melo if you can get him now. It's funny cuz nobody was saying much of it when we had Chauncey being the floor general as we were working out the offense which was very good. Now that we don't have a pg running things, every other loss it's ridiculous trades for Melo or Amar'e.

That RealGM post makes a good point..People are always quick to jump on a Melo for Deron type trade, but once Amar'e is involved in trade talks everyone says "But..but...He came to NY when nobody else would!!
frown.gif
" And Patrick Ewing carried this team on his back for over a decade..And he still got traded when he wasn't performing..I'm not saying I want Amar'e to get traded..All I'm saying is, if a player is playing like crap, let's blame the player and not everyone else around him. You can affect the game in more ways than just scoring

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

There was ball movement, it just ended with players shooting 3s for the most part. Earlier in the game they got some penetration from the holes in MIA's defense cuz they have no presence in the middle (which was mostly Fields cuz he's the only guy who cuts/slashes) but in the 4th they shut that down. It wasn't like every player would just heave it uponce they got the ball (except TD obviously and Walker who was hot). Novak, Bibby, Shump and even Jeffries were getting set up for the 3s they took.

I don't know how yall look at one stat and go off. The bench actually produced last night. Cut the 3s attempted in half and the game is a joke.

Madness.

I'm tired of seeing trade proposals where in the long run we're taking a step back  not forward.

FTR, I'm not for any Melo or Amar'e trade. Same dudes making these fantasy trades were loving Amar'e for leading the team to wins this time last year and were saying there's no way you don't make a trade for Melo if you can get him now. It's funny cuz nobody was saying much of it when we had Chauncey being the floor general as we were working out the offense which was very good. Now that we don't have a pg running things, every other loss it's ridiculous trades for Melo or Amar'e.

Yeah this. Trading amare for bargani is a step back . Everyone is panicing asking for trades , let's wait till the end of the season or at least a full month with a full team and healthy squad and BD to see what impact he makes. Then address the teams weaknesses.

Bargnani is out for the rest of the season so idk y ya would want him. On that note we are also pursuing kenyon Martin but spurs, clips and hawks are also talking to him.

There were some plays ran but in the fourth quarter the gaped widened in favor of just passing the ball around and shooting a 3.

Back
Top Bottom