let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Hope they trade Amare for Paul, that would be epic LULZ

anyways

CP3, Melo, Tyson > Melo, Amare, Tyson
^This! x 10. More athletic and the team would be able to run up and down. Melo is used to that style, and it would be more of the same for CP3 and Tyson Chandler. The next piece to solve would be the coach and bench. I guess this logic would just make too much sense
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Berger actually said due to the new CBA rules the Knicks could find a way to make Chris Paul to NY work even if we get Chandler

anyways

CP3, Melo, Amar'e, Tyson >>>>>>> CP3, Melo, Tyson > Melo, Amare, TysonAm

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Berger actually said due to the new CBA rules the Knicks could find a way to make Chris Paul to NY work even if we get Chandler

anyways

CP3, Melo, Amar'e, Tyson >>>>>>> CP3, Melo, Tyson > Melo, Amare, TysonAm
this man knows.....

It's hard to say loyalty, when a player's only been there for a year, but I feel more than a year's worth of loyalty to Amar'e. I feel indebted to whatever success we have from here on out to him. It'd be more than the gutpunch of trading the rest of my favorite Knicks for Melo, because by then, our team would just be more employees of Jim Dolan and property of the bandwagon than our players.

Billups...I could give a $@+$ less if he's irate. He gave us maybe 10 good games and got hurt when we really needed him. T-Mac meant more to this team than him so far.

It's like we keep restarting our fandom. Like staying with the Knicks and living through every one of those rebuilding games didn't mean !%$$, if the greengrass facebook fans have as much attachment to the team as we do. But I guess like Ben Wallace said, 'loyalty is overrated.'

58 million is steep, but the 4 years I can live with.

we want a defensive minded 7' that's not a stiff, and they come at a premium.

NOT in favor of trading Amare anywhere. Yeah, CP3/Melo/Chandler makes more basketball sense, but I don't like it.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Get Chandler, find a way to bring in JJ Barrea and im happy.

^ You BUGGIN'. Get that Barrea talk outta here. Ol' scrappy doo lookin mofo. He was a product of that Dallas offense and stepped up when they needed him. Don't fall for that trap man.

pimp.gif

Dallas is not gonna come and offer him and contract bigger than ours because they are going to try to sign Deron next year. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

anyways

^This! x 10. More athletic and the team would be able to run up and down. Melo is used to that style, and it would be more of the same for CP3 and Tyson Chandler. The next piece to solve would be the coach and bench. I guess this logic would just make too much sense
tired.gif
Wait how is Melo, Amare Tyson less athletic than the other group or less able to run up and down the court? With Pringles as coach currently that's usually what the Knicks offense has done regardless of who is on the roster.  With either group you lose something

Originally Posted by nightruans

how could we get chandler and cp3 without trading melo or amare?

Signing Chris Paul in the Summer? Pay cuts for Melo and Amare

^ You don't. Amare is going to be gone. Knicks need to trade some "fat" before it can be official anyway. Not a fan of these moves TBH.

Signing chandler will make us have the best frontline. But chandler is injury prone and I don't think people like the idea of T-Doug starting

Not a fan of moving STAT at all. He changed us from being jokes

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

Signing chandler will make us have the best frontline. But chandler is injury prone and I don't think people like the idea of T-Doug starting

He didn't change a damn thing. We couldn't even win one playoff game with him and melo.

If we amnesty Chompsy can't we just sign him back at the vets minimum? Really don't want to see Douglas start.

how could we get chandler and cp3 without trading melo or amare?
S&T for Billups (rather than amnesty) also gives Knicks full MLE and biannual exceptions.
Sign him for 1 year, clear roster except for those 3 and then sign him to the max(which I assume he'd want), then fill out roster with filler.

Unlikely situation but possible.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

He didn't change a damn thing. We couldn't even win one playoff game with him and melo.

are you serious? Amare was injured and melo had to put us on his back to even come close to winning a game... we lacked so much depth and pringles was running a 6 man rotation, dudes was huffing and puffing out there.

Amare brought NY basketball back hands down and anyone who doesnt agree is an idiot. This is going to be a tough decision if we do sign chandler because he brings what this team needs, defense and rebounding.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If we amnesty Chompsy can't we just sign him back at the vets minimum? Really don't want to see Douglas start.
laugh.gif
We can't do that. Plus I'm reading these tweet and Chompsy is mad. He wouldn't come back here.
Originally Posted by ill steelo

@WojYahooNBA: Just spoke to Andy Miller, agent for Chauncey Billups, who describes his client as "irate" over possibility of Knicks using amnesty on him.
@WojYahooNBA: Agent Miller on Billups: "He has no intention of being open-minded about any possible situation where a team would claim him off waivers.."
@WojYahooNBA: More agent Andy Miller on Knicks exposing Billups to amnesty waiver wire: "....unless it's a team he chooses himself. Buyer beware."
30t6p3b.gif
Sorry Chauncey

He never really wanted to be here and he'd feel insulted to get cheated out of his OG contract where he was getting paid more. Plus I'm sure there's rules against us doing that.

Chauncey doesn't want to be here

and he's a washed up prick anyway. don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

are you serious? Amare was injured and melo had to put us on his back to even come close to winning a game... we lacked so much depth and pringles was running a 6 man rotation, dudes was huffing and puffing out there.

Amare brought NY basketball back hands down and anyone who doesnt agree is an idiot. This is going to be a tough decision if we do sign chandler because he brings what this team needs, defense and rebounding.

I love stat but saying he brought the Knicks back is reaching. We are still a long way off from a chip

Back
Top Bottom