let this thread die (NYK)

everyone is forgetting we also have josh harrellson as a big body behind chandler
pimp.gif

our front court is set.

i hope we let iman start at 2 guard. really don't want toney starting unless he learned how to do a damn pick and roll.

dudes are also forgetting that jeffries would be assigned to defend the PG. I thought that move would help us tremendously and i expect us to do the same this year if an opponent's pg is giving us problems. i don't think our defense will be a problem this year. Our main problems last year was rebounding and lack of a big man.

BUT what i am worried about is scoring when stat or melo is on the bench. I remember the team was really stagnant when either or was on the bench. Hopefully that gets fixed during training camp

Tyson Chandler agrees with Knicks

The ink on the four-year contract isn't dry yet, but free-agent center Tyson Chandler confirmed that he will sign with the New York Knicks.

Chandler said Friday on ESPN 103.3's "Ben and Skin Show" that there will not be a sign-and-trade deal with the Dallas Mavericks, the team he helped win its first championship during his lone season on the roster.

The Ben & Skin Show
Free-agent center Tyson Chandler announces that he is signing with the New York Knicks.

More Podcasts »
The 7-foot-1 Chandler, who served as the best defensive backbone Dallas has had in the Dirk Nowitzki era, realized almost immediately in the negotiation process that he wouldn't be able to work out a deal to return to the Mavericks.

Chandler opted to sign with the Knicks after being heavily courted by the Golden State Warriors andHouston Rockets among other teams.

"It just really happened over the last, like, 48 hours," Chandler said. "I just think the future of the team, being able to play alongside Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and the young talent that we have, I feel like puts us in contention over the next four or five years."

Dallas owner Mark Cuban, who is determined to maintain financial flexibility under the new, more restrictive collective bargaining agreement, offered only a two-year deal. The New York Times reported that Chandler's deal with the Knicks is expected to be in the range of $58 million for four seasons.

"In this situation, signing back with the Mavs, it just didn't make business sense," said Chandler, who averaged 10.1 points and 9.4 rebounds and finished third in Defensive Player of the Year voting. "Business is business. Sometimes we get upset by it, but in this business, we can't take it personal.

More on the Mavericks

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and our team. Blog

"I just honestly thank the Mavericks for even bringing me [to Dallas] and giving me the opportunity to do what we did last year. I have absolutely no animosity towards the organization or anybody involved with the organization. I will always love the organization. I will always love the fans there and everybody that has anything to do with Dallas, because that won me my first championship. We had an incredible year last year, and that will always be in my heart."

The challenge for the Mavericks in adding depth to their center rotation is getting quality players to take short-term deals to preserve maximum cap space for their summer of 2012 recruiting plans. The Mavericks did try to convince Chandler to accept a one-year deal worth a whopping $20 million, but there was never real hope of that happening, sources said.

As far back as last week, as negotiations with the Mavericks quickly stalled, Chandler told ESPN.com in a phone interview: "I really think I'm going to be on a new team come training camp."

Chandler maintains that staying in Dallas has always been his first choice, but he expressed disappointment last week that communication between the sides was minimal from the end of the NBA Finals in mid-June and the June 30 deadline for a contract extension.

The Mavericks maintain that they were reluctant to talk about an extension before July 1 because no one knew how drastic changes to the NBA's collective bargaining agreement would be at that time.

pimp.gif

We'll see about this Chandler move. I like the guy, I just dont like his injury history. For what it's worth, he will bring defensive intensity and championship pedigree to the Knicks....which I think Billups brought as well during his time here.

This gives us our biggest frontline in years
eek.gif
....Amare can dominate at the 4 and run the 5 if need by with Melo at the 4 when Chandler's out. I can almost guarantee Melo will become lazier on defense though.

I want no parts of Baron Davis. We already will have Melo taking his share and Amare getting his share of shots...Davis is overweight and washed. His conditioning is a joke. We're better off looking at Chalmers..

Wish Ramon Sessions was FA.

laugh.gif
remember a couple years back when dudes were getting AMPED for Ramon Sessions in the offseason thread?

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
remember a couple years back when dudes were getting AMPED for Ramon Sessions in the offseason thread?

i remember this.

by the way....gilbert arenas just got waived
nerd.gif
would ya'll want him as the starting pg?

No. We need speed and defense at the point.

Gil's role should only be a scoring punch off the bench.

Damn, that's a huge front line. Now if Melo can't stop whining & throwing temper tantrums, the Knicks might start winning some games....Will be nice to see. What's going to happen to Chauncey?

No to Gil.

We overpaid for Chandler...but you get what you negotiate. Crazy how we get both of the dudes the Bulls were banking on building around.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif

i remember this.

by the way....gilbert arenas just got waived
nerd.gif
would ya'll want him as the starting pg?
hell no

Originally Posted by psk2310

Damn, that's a huge front line. Now if Melo can't stop whining & throwing temper tantrums, the Knicks might start winning some games....Will be nice to see. What's going to happen to Chauncey?

Melo > Rose

Bulls thread is ---------------> way

So D'antoni's system finally has its athletic, shot blocking, defensive minded center ........................... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Happy Tyson is with us. A bit much but hopefully he earns it all.

Guess Grant's addicted to that fountain of youth.
Originally Posted by nightruans

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins 

#Orlando #Magic have just announced that Gilbert Arenas has been waived.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

[/color]
Chill. I know what we're getting with B. Diddy, lazy but a good pg. I'm not gonna gamble on if Gil can find his glory days on the MSG stage. I can easily see us booing him for taking those ill advised 3s and all those shots falling short. I'd call BRoy up before him.[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)][/color]

I read in the season thread that we might be looking into trading billups, turiaf and fields for nelson and J rich?

What you guys think of that? I don't think Nelson is a bad PG, he's pretty good IMO and J rich definitely can fit in the high paced system. He played in PHX

i rather have vince than gilbert... but if that magic rumor is true and we get jameer and richardson for chauncey, fields and turiaf that would be crazy... talk about a great offseason

Back
Top Bottom