let this thread die (NYK)

I'd rather the Knicks bring back Nate Robinson than sign Bibby.

Hell, why not even Iverson or even (puts on flame suit) MARBURY! (Dr. Evil laugh).

Honestly out of all of the available free agent point guards, Bibby is probably the worst.

Ideally, Baron Davis is the guy to get, but even if he does get waived via amnesty, the process that follows that would make it highly difficult for the Knicks to obtain him.

In a dream world I would like to see the Knicks sign all of the Denver nuggets currently in China (Keyon, Wilson & JR). They basically fill every last hole the Knicks have on their bench (PF, SF & scoring at SG). Plus I, like many other Knick fans REALLY miss having Wilson Chandler on the team.

laugh.gif
shoot I wouldn't even mind marbury again.

How do you figure?

If we wanted Chandler, we had to amnesty him. And even if we didn't pick up his option for this season, we would still have 4 million on the books from his contract I believe.. which would have made getting Chandler impossible/a hell of a lot harder.

Ideally, we would keep the amnesty in case Melo or Amare get injured/totally fall off, but ehh.. This was the move to make if we wanted a veteran big man who was just a critical piece in a championship team. Billups was not the same guy from the championship Pistons team.. his 3-point percentage was down, he chucked too much, I don't think we suffer too greatly without him.

Not so much for losing Billups, but losing the amnesty clause has a bit more value since you can only use it once IMO.

I'm welcoming Chandler with open arms, but for such a big contract and price, i'm a bit iffy on that.

I'd rather have Marc Gasol, although i know that possibility is quite slim.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Not so much for losing Billups, but losing the amnesty clause has a bit more value since you can only use it once IMO.

I'm welcoming Chandler with open arms, but for such a big contract and price, i'm a bit iffy on that.

I'd rather have Marc Gasol, although i know that possibility is quite slim.

You can only use it once on contracts that were signed before the new CBA, so the only logical choice to use it on was Billups. Would you rather hold the amnesty and go into free agency next and not get Paul or Howard when we could of signed Chandler this year?

Is there any little to outside hope you guys can still somehow get Nash? and Shawne Williams is coming back right?

Can't say I'm a diehard like the rest of you guys but I've always kept up with the Knicks. Gonna be an interesting two weeks...

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Am I misunderstanding or would buying Wilson Chandler out of China only cost us 500,000?
Yeah you could buyout his China contract for that much at the highest but then he's a RFA so it wouldn't make any sense unless DEN announces they don't want him back. Makes no sense for us to pay for his buyout just so he can go back to DEN.

I really don't like our back court. I don't care what praise yall give TD, I remember all the bonehead plays and shots. I hope he just becomes an opportunist with his shot selection, open shots and driving when the lane is empty. No comment on Bibby. Like we really don't have the pg to compliment Tyson.

Plus I gotta hope Shump translates well to a real game and Fields gets his mojo back and meshes with this new team after a few practices.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Is there any little to outside hope you guys can still somehow get Nash? and Shawne Williams is coming back right?

Can't say I'm a diehard like the rest of you guys but I've always kept up with the Knicks. Gonna be an interesting two weeks...

I think Nash is a strong possibility next year..STAT gave him some of the best years of his career so I think he'd love to reunite with him for one last shot at a ring before he gets close to retirement..Nash has back issues though and has to sit out long stretches sometimes so he can rest it..So if we were to sign him, the team would need a good backup..I think it's a possibility the Knicks try to grab D Williams from the Nets if he doesn't sign an extension, but even then it'll be difficult.

Like someone previously said, even if the 3 biggest salaries agree to renegotiate so their salary for 2012 is less, D Will will want at least 15 mil over an extended period of time. I'm just assuming the ball park numbers, but let's say Amar'e, Melo, DWill (or another big name player) agree to $15mil each...Thats $45 mil..Plus let's say 12ish for Tyson, thats $57 million for 4 guys..That would be a garbage bench but I guess when you have that kinda starting lineup you take it right?

HowardBeckNYT
Howard Beck
Knicks acquire Chandler, plus rights to Ahmad Nivins and Giorgos Printezis. Mavs get Andy Rautins and protected 2012 2nd-rd pick from Wiz

Not many teams are going after Marc Gasol because he's a restricted free agent so any offer a team like the Knicks made could have been matched by Memphis...And Gasol stated many times that his preference is staying in Memphis. He would have gotten a salary similar to Chandler's, except Chandler is a better shot blocker, defender, and rebounder. Gasol is a better scorer but he's a half court guy..Not a fast pace guy that D'Antoni would want in his system. The team needed defense more than offense so I'm not mad at the Chandler signing.

Can ppl stop talking ab us getting other max players. Getting chandler deads that no matter how many contract renegotiation scenarios u guys come up with.

At this point I can see this team going as far as our pg play takes us, whether it's a trade, free agent signing, or shumpert/douglas developing

Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman
Knicks get Nivins, who is 24-year-old, 2009 second-rounder who hails from Jersey City and played for St. Anthony's.

Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman
Printezis is 26-year-old 6-9 small forward who is playing in Greece with Olympiakos.

LarryCoon Larry @#*$
...But the start out over the cap, so it looks like they preserve their full MLE. (Again, this is pending my looking in detail). @shortross9
19 minutes ago 

LarryCoon Larry @#*$
I need to see the final details & do the math. RT @shortross9: can you explain what exceptions the Knicks have after all the Tyson deals?
19 minutes ago

Damn u beat me to the pic.

I saw the report he literally just signed that an hr ago and then he took his first steps at the garden. Sources said that his words were " this is the greatest feeling in the world, no other arena felt this powerful ".

Back
Top Bottom