let this thread die (NYK)

so technically the knicks can sign cp3 this summer and use the amnesty clause on amare and use that money on dwight... that would be grimey since he made the knicks relevant but i guess its business... the knicks would probably think about it if he gets injury prone this year...and no im not encouraging this idea but im just bringing it up as a possible option... 

Originally Posted by you go boy

so technically the knicks can sign cp3 this summer and use the amnesty clause on amare and use that money on dwight... that would be grimey since he made the knicks relevant but i guess its business... the knicks would probably think about it if he gets injury prone this year...and no im not encouraging this idea but im just bringing it up as a possible option... 

I love Amare and what he has done for our Team making us relevant. If we had Dwight replace him though next to Melo and possibly Paul  
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

2926451.jpg

If the Knicks think they can get 12-15 minutes per game from Kurt Thomas, they should sign him. Even overpay for Thomas to come since he knows the D'Antoni system, has played next to Amare before and brings a sense of toughness.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Interesting, so yeah, why not hold onto that in your back pocket?

If Amare's knees did go out in 4 years, that'd sure be nice to have.

Long-term would seem better suited to hold it than just cut Balkman. But I don't know that works into luring Cp3.
Exactly.
Also the possibility of Nash, Melo, Stat, and Howard > CP3, Melo, Stat.

I highly doubt Howard has any plans coming here tho

how can some of y'all say Amar'e's knees aren't a concern when he couldn't even get em insured for this contract he signed last summer?

Dub, I agree 100% Pringles is gonna abuse Amar'e like an AAU summer coach. Even though we may play back to back to back only once, son won't be able to play 40+ minutes a game over the course of this season. Whether it's his knees or his back, my biggest fear thus far is STAT breaking down with the short preseason and basically 4 games a week. This dude Pringles is also gonna coach like he doesn't give a !*+@. On his last year of his contract, he knows the only way he's sticking around is if he wins and the team makes a playoff run.

SMH Team Fire Pringles on Nov. 27
laugh.gif
but in all seriousness it could be a problem.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

how can some of y'all say Amar'e's knees aren't a concern when he couldn't even get em insured for this contract he signed last summer?

Dub, I agree 100% Pringles is gonna abuse Amar'e like an AAU summer coach. Even though we may play back to back to back only once, son won't be able to play 40+ minutes a game over the course of this season. Whether it's his knees or his back, my biggest fear thus far is STAT breaking down with the short preseason and basically 4 games a week. This dude Pringles is also gonna coach like he doesn't give a !*+@. On his last year of his contract, he knows the only way he's sticking around is if he wins and the team makes a playoff run.

SMH Team Fire Pringles on Nov. 27
laugh.gif
but in all seriousness it could be a problem.
yup 
mad.gif

Already?
laugh.gif
I'm actually cool with _'antoni with WooDson for once. It may not help his decision making in crunch time, but I think just a defensive coach who won't sell out just to get a step up on the fastbreak and can teach them to get back is gonna make a huge difference.

I feel like the problem is gonna be more personnel than coaching this time...and the short training camp.

I don't know if like Allen said Amar'e s knees aren't a concern, but its def not at the forefront of decision making.
Then again, they could flare up, or the other knee which was a concern when he was trying to comeback off the microfracture could become an issue. I think saving the clause is the best option though....
Where as in Chicago there is a guy who will never live up to his contract in the areas management wants him to, Amar'e has for all intensive purposes paid for at least 2-3 seasons in one with his influence, the increase in franchise valuation, and Melo.

The last time we saw the allegedly revamped Knicks, they were going out like dogs to the Celtics; what better place to start anew with the most overrated franchise in American sports ?

Wilbon hates us
laugh.gif
 everyone knows we had no shot with no Stat and Billups against the Celtics .

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

big jorts bout to do work .. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

iman
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im ready
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

side note...thoughts on melo and billups deading amare's minicamp? seems like melo is the clear cut leader and whatever he says goes now.

i cant help but feel a certain type of way since i saw amare had the team on his back for over half the season last year, and now that melo is here he's running things.

i hope the two dont bump heads, which im sure they will

oh and

dwight +nash > CP3 or D will

although any of the 4 would be appreciated
pimp.gif

Man Knicks need a center, Amare is not a C in the East. Chauncy Billups is str8 for them if he's healthy. Knicks always tryna add new players, they the ******** of basketball

I cant wait man. They need to end this lockout officially so we can get some info on game tix. Reaaaally trying to be at the garden on the 25th

If you lived in NYC and played their would you really want to leave and go to Florida train for a week or so then come back to NY to start official training camp ? I don't think it's problems between the two I just think Melo and Chauncey just didn't really care for going to Florida when they can just stay here and then start official training camp in a couple weeks.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

The last time we saw the allegedly revamped Knicks, they were going out like dogs to the Celtics; what better place to start anew with the most overrated franchise in American sports ?

Wilbon hates us
laugh.gif

That's a serious inferiority complex.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Wilbon hates us
laugh.gif

That's a serious inferiority complex.
laugh.gif

Wilbon really wrote that
laugh.gif
The hate is thick

Back
Top Bottom