let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Delusions of grandeur afflict all New York Knicks fans. Its a sad truth.
But I'm tripping off the fact that people are talking about 42% shooters when their starting PG has shot over 42% in 2 seasons and thats doing correct rounding and my PG shot 45% last year..... taking the most shots of anyone in the league.

That whole skit had me in a daze....
same delusional Knicks fan thinks that they will have a shot at Steph Curry, or Bynum or Nene...
Some of you make it too easy.
Yea Boozer looks bad after year 1, but dudes in here are pissed that Melo couldnt wait a year.

Seeing as how 95% of what you stated was something I said, I figured I'd clarify some things...#1- The FG% comment was in reference to D-Rose because he is your best scorer, not because I think Billups is a better PG so your comment is invalid..Everyone knows Rose is unstoppable in the paint, but when he plays a good defense that takes away the lane, dude disappears..FG% factors in layups as well as jumpers, so if you're shooting 42% when the majority of your shots are from 3 feet away, that's a problem..Once he gets beyond 15 feet, his shots are clanging off that rim all day..In that playoff round against the Heat, dude got locked down those last few games. Granted, Carmelo's FG% isn't great since it's right around 46%, but when 50-60% of his shots are jumpers, his FG% is bound to be below 50%. Our 1b scorer, Amar'e, shot 50% last season and he takes quite a bit of jump shots as well.

#2-How is thinking the Knicks can pick up a guy like Nene delusional? You're acting like he's Shaq in his prime..He's just an above average center that can score well. He's not dropping 25 a night or grabbing 12 rebounds consistently. He's just better than anyone on the Knicks currently. And Bynum is possibly out of LA since he's always getting injured in the playoffs, and their window for Kobe's success is closing quickly so who know's what the Lakers plans are..And if they trade Gasol for Dwight, they'd probably rather have a great PG alongside him rather than another center.

#3-Yeah, Knicks fans are mad that Melo didn't just stay patient and risk losing those few million so CP3 could have had a better shot at playing here. But Carmelo's ceiling is much higher than Boozer's..If Carmelo polishes his defense game, he would easily be considered a top 5 overall shooting guard in the NBA (most Carmelo fans already feel this way but apparently ESPN and other media outlets disagree) What is Boozer's ceiling? Dude is a role player for life no matter what his stats are. Plus, he is insanely inconsistent which can't be said about Carmelo. Carmelo will give you big points 76 out of 82 games a season..Boozer will give you 50-60 good games a year and underachieve the rest of the games.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

People dont even know why we are called the second city...

You don't honestly expect a school system like their to educate them on history do you bruh?
laugh.gif
The irony of a Chicago cat talking about our school systems....mind blowing indeed.

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

You don't honestly expect a school system like their to educate them on history do you bruh?
laugh.gif
The irony of a Chicago cat talking about our school systems....mind blowing indeed.

let that boy live...nah seriously, don't get shot out there, patna.

laugh.gif
Actually I do know cause of the fire.  Learned that from The Brake-Up
pimp.gif

all these CP3 rumors make me mad. dude will get a max contract and we cannot afford him. we DO have a nice chunk of change to add some pieces to our core. We also have Landry, Shump, Billups, and TD. We need a BIG. Nene would be a nice piece to add but we cant afford him right now with Billups contract, unless he will take the MLE. which he wont. Right now we are either gonna make a trade (TD,Shump,Landry involved) and sign somebody to the MLE.

I expect halfway through this season some rumor about another star coming here unexpectedly to pop up to propel this thread in like 20-30 pages of more talk
laugh.gif

Nicknames evolve. Most Ppl don't connect the fire to the name anymore. Y'all just afterthoughts.

About 500 pages of last seasons thread was about melo in some fashion... This year might not be as crazy with the amounts of pages ...

The thoughts of rondo isn't that bad. He is definitely cheaper. But I can't see the celtics allow that to go down

NEW YORK — What if I told you there is an incoming NBA rookie currently playing in Slovenia who absolutely schooled Jonas Valanciunas a couple weeks ago in a EuroCup game (20 points and 8 rebounds to Valanciunas’ 5 points and 8 rebounds).
He is the same guy who had 11 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks last night against BC Akovmas of Ukraine.
He is also the same guy who was compared to Antonio Davis last season by the Knicks’ then-president, Donnie Walsh.
The New York Knicks need a center to other than Ronny Turiaf, who currently is the only NBA-ready pivot on their roster. But the Knicks also own the rights to Jerome Jordan, the 44th overall pick of the 2010 draft whose rights were purchased from the Milwaukee Bucks for $1 million.
Jordan spent Jordan last season with KK Hemofarm of the Adriatic League in Serbia, averaging 15 minutes per game in the domestic league and shooting 73.5 percent from the field (averaging 7.8 points), while also appearing in four Euroleague games and shooting 68.8 percent, averaging 8.5 points in just under 12 minutes per game.
This year, his team (for now) is KRKA Novo Mesto, which also plays in the Adriatic League (Jordan’s team upset Adam Morrison’s now-former team, Red Star of Belgrade, four nights ago).
Jordan has a small buyout, and his agent told Marc Berman of the New York Post he expects his client to be playing in the NBA this season – either with the Knicks or with some other NBA team. With the Knicks hoarding cap pace for the free agent class of 2012, and with Kurt Thomas indicating to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News that the Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks are all viable options aside from the Knicks, there is a strong chance that Jordan will be logging major minutes at center for Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni, who has shown himself to be willing to give major minutes and roles to unproven players (See Landry Fields and Timofey Mozgov).
Now, does that make Jordan Rookie of the Year material? No, not automatically.
But a major role on a winning team would put him in the hunt, and at this point in the preseason (wait a minute, it’s not the preseason quite yet) it is not too soon to rule anybody of the ROY race.

-300 pages ... gonna pop up every weak PG night. That 'we kinda miss fatboy Felton time.'

edit: I been waiting to hear on dude. We were supposed to have an idea, but dude got sick (no slang) right before they were gonna try him out...then the lockout happened. At the worst, he could be the least hated JJ, we had in a minute.

Do we know who we're playing in the preseason?

I would like to see Jordan's game now. That's a C we already got and would at least hold us over.

EDIT

So we're waiving Rautins right?

Fatboy Felton
laugh.gif
I really liked what he brought to the team while he was here, but oh well. Kinda wish he was still in Denver, though. Speaking of which, how high had Wilson been when he signed that contract in China without an out clause
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Fatboy Felton
laugh.gif
I really liked what he brought to the team while he was here, but oh well. Kinda wish he was still in Denver, though. Speaking of which, how high had Wilson been when he signed that contract in China without an out clause
sick.gif

A bunch of guys did it...He got paid in the short term and got a cool experience of being oversees.  Then next year he can come back and take his spot in NYC back being our 6th man
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif
Actually I do know cause of the fire.  Learned that from The Brake-Up
pimp.gif
I knew you would know....
CPS is a decent system though....
Its easy to fall through the cracks, but I wouldn't even say that its worse than a lot of higher rated school systems. And the South and Westside overall in secondary education make it tough to want to go to school. But a lot of the youngins do dumb things, but they aren't dumb.

Back
Top Bottom