let this thread die (NYK)

TD is a bum. He takes more shots than Melo
30t6p3b.gif
And when he chucks up those three pointers like he's Reggie... I wanna kick him in the head.

Our backcourt is %#@!# putrid . Shumpert needs to start just because he can be Tony Allen on the defensive end . His shot selection doesn't concern me because when he's playing with the starters he is a distributor . Balkman needs to get minutes too he's the only person that makes cuts to the basket and doesn't stand around in awe when Melo is handling the ball.

Hollinger was pretty deadon, just really really pessimistic about our injuries and Pringles.

maybe we turn that 2.5 into something (Nets just got DeShawn
eyes.gif
)
and hopefully Baron aint that hurt

TD...he just gets this look on his face, like he wants to pass but has no clue how to.
Like someone who got cookie'd one time too many.
30t6p3b.gif

I hope he stays off the internet. He needs to keep w.e confidence he can.

I just want basketball to start so we can get a real idea on how bad our backcourt is.

i actually like how the team is built right now... i know there can be improvements as far as the roster but i like the style of play... pre melo the team jacked up 30 3's a game and was reliant on that...it was also just straight up run and gun type game no type of half court offense besides amare putting in work... and that style doesn't exactly guarantee you a championship look at the old dantoni suns team... all show but no go...this team is actually playing defense and putting in effort in general and they are showing more of a half court offense compared to last year... this will help in the playoffs...the team still needs a strong backcourt... fields should not be starting and neither should douglas but i guess he will play until baron is healthy... douglas is still a good player but only as a 2... that guy knows how to shoot hes not a point guard so he would be perfect off the bench... but we still need a consistent 6th man like jamal or wilson... hopefully next year we can pick up that type of player and a point guard...

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
FisolaNYDN Frank Isola

Carmelo Anthony on his former Denver teammate Kenyon Martin getting a buyout from his Chinese team: "We still have money, right?"
[/font]
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The second unit line up of
TDoug/Bibby
Shrump
Fields
Jorts/Jeffries/Balkman
Stat
Is the only line up that can run the Antoni fast pace offense. I also think this line can run second units out the building in the start of the 2nd quarter and late 3rd quarter.

I hope Antoni is smart enough to have 2 offensive system

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I think Chris Dudley is my most hated Knick of all time. Dude was beyond garbage. I'm positive I could take him one on one.
This man wonders why he was overlooked.

Spoiler [+]
articleLarge.jpg
Nah son he'd wreck Chris Dudley. He at least averaged in double figures. Chris Dudley averaged like 3 points one year smfh. Dude had the footwork of a 3 legged stool and the athleticism of a pop warner football water boy.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I think Chris Dudley is my most hated Knick of all time. Dude was beyond garbage. I'm positive I could take him one on one.
This man wonders why he was overlooked.

Spoiler [+]
articleLarge.jpg
Nah son he'd wreck Chris Dudley. He at least averaged in double figures. Chris Dudley averaged like 3 points one year smfh. Dude had the footwork of a 3 legged stool and the athleticism of a pop warner football water boy.

I bet if you gave him 3 chances, he couldn't make a lay-up, though.

If Shumpert reaches his full potential and doesn't fade throughout the season, I would expect Landry to be gone unless he's willing to stay as the 3rd/4th guy off the bench and only get paid 2-3 mil a year..Otherwise, they'll probably give him a lot of minutes to boost his stats then try to trade him...He would be a great trade piece to get Felton or Nash next season (obviously we'd have to add more but he'd be an additional asset)

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

CoupeIt88 wrote
Why was Baron Davis suited up? Kind of odd to me, looks like he can be back at anytime

They was talkin about that on the post game. I was surprised that he wasn't in a suit hopefully that means he will be back in a 3-4 weeks

I believe they said he was suitted up because he was on the court during warmups

I don't see Baron sitting out that long..With the proper treatment, the back condition he has can be treated in a way that would have him back on the court within 2 weeks or less. I've dealt with back problems my entire life and I know people that had bulging disks in their back. You can't play for awhile because it feels painful when running and jumping, but if you rest it for an extended period of time, it can feel 100x better if treated correctly. The Knicks have great trainers and he won't be asked to carry the offensive load so he'll be fine. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays before January 10th or so

I'd like to see that 2.5 mil help get one of the guys out of China. I know the numbers don't work but hypothetically speaking, Landry + fillers for Wilson? I think I say yes to that.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Barren will play in at least 33 games for yall this season, Anything more than that is pure luck!

Thanks for your amazing insight Miss Cleo , How did you come up with the number of 33 games ?

Yeah but what happens if the Knicks buy out Wilson's contract and the Nuggets are like "Actually...we change our minds..We got a better offer from _____"..Then the Knicks just wasted 500k on a player they didn't even get..The only way I would buy out Wil's contract is if the Knicks make a trade where they get the rights to Wilson if a buyout is done

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Yeah but what happens if the Knicks buy out Wilson's contract and the Nuggets are like "Actually...we change our minds..We got a better offer from _____"..Then the Knicks just wasted 500k on a player they didn't even get..The only way I would buy out Wil's contract is if the Knicks make a trade where they get the rights to Wilson if a buyout is done
why would the Knicks buy out his contract?

Doesn't he have to be released by his club and secure a release from the CBA in order to play in the NBA before March?

Got a feeling Baron'll be coming back soon as well.

The team is a funny one. Melo has more court vision than TD does. He doesn't even have enough BBall IQ to know at as a PG, you never stop your dribble.l.he'll bring the ball up court, stop dribbling then pass off. I'm shocked Clyde hasn't told him that yet. The team will be heavily front court oriented and like a Nolan said at ain't a strength of Mikes.

The addition of Tyson should help for fast breaks and leak outs but he can't do it by himself, one through five they all have the ability to be decent defenders. Landry does look lost a few times though.

But this guy is a professional coach. He should know how to adjust to the strengths of his players and be able to maximize them.

[h4]MOST VALUABLE PLAYER[/h4][table][tr][td]
Kevin Durant
i

Marc Stein
ESPN.com​
[/td][td]
Kevin Durant
i

J.A. Adande
ESPN.com​
[/td][td]
LeBron James
i

John Hollinger
ESPN.com​
[/td][td]
Chris Paul
i

Chris Broussard
ESPN The Mag​
[/td][td]
LeBron James
i

Chad Ford
ESPN.com​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kevin Durant
i

Chris Palmer
ESPN The Mag​
[/td][td]
Kevin Durant
i

Michael Wallace
ESPN.com​
[/td][td]
Kevin Durant
i

Brian Windhorst
ESPN.com​
[/td][td]
Chris Paul
i

Jalen Rose
ESPN​
[/td][td]
Kevin Durant
i

Larry %@%!
ESPN.com​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Chris Paul
i

Henry Abbott
TrueHoop​
[/td][td]
Kevin Durant
i

Kevin Arnovitz
TrueHoop​
[/td][td]
Kevin Durant
i

Scoop Jackson
ESPN.com P2​
[/td][td]
LeBron James
i

Justin Verrier
ESPN.com​
[/td][td]
Chris Paul
i

David Thorpe
Scouts Inc.​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
LeBron James
i

Maurice Brooks
ESPN.com​
[/td][td]
LeBron James
i

Keith Lipscomb
ESPN Fantasy​
[/td][td]
Chris Paul
i

Chris Ramsay
ESPN.com​
[/td][td]
Chris Paul
i

Tim MacMahon
ESPN Dallas​
[/td][td]
LeBron James
i

D. McMenamin
ESPN LA​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
LeBron James
i

Tom Haberstroh 
ESPN.com​
[/td][td]
Chris Paul
i

Zach Harper
Daily Dime Live​
[/td][td]
Kevin Durant
i

R. Shelburne
ESPN LA​
[/td][td]
LeBron James
i

Chris Forsberg
ESPN Boston​
[/td][td]
LeBron James
i

Nick Friedell
ESPN Chicago​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kevin Durant
i

Jon Barry
ESPN​
[/td][td]
Kevin Durant
i

Tim Legler
ESPN​
[/td][td]
LeBron James
i

Jeff Caplan
ESPN Dallas​
[/td][td]
LeBron James
i

A. Kamenetzky
ESPN LA​
[/td][td]
Kevin Durant
i

B. Kamenetzky
ESPN LA​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Results: Kevin Durant (12 votes), LeBron James (11 votes), Chris Paul (7 votes).
[/td][/tr][/table]

More motivation for Melo.

Back
Top Bottom