Let's face reality, Obama failed.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Loans for College kids are easier to be obtained...
As far as I know kids have been getting money for tuition and burning it on American cars since I was in middle school.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

So wait you are comparing this to who?? The last president that sent us to two unnecessary wars. Put tax cuts in effect that pretty much has crippled our economy and comes from a long line of presidents that has had the great idea that less regulation in the banking industry is the key.

Obama is not a great president but to say he failed. He got the presidency in the second worst economic downturn in American history. Two wars that were not his. Keeping us afloat is actually a victory. People are so used to this right now at this second attitude they actually think a president can make a difference in half a term.
qft

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

So wait you are comparing this to who?? The last president that sent us to two unnecessary wars. Put tax cuts in effect that pretty much has crippled our economy and comes from a long line of presidents that has had the great idea that less regulation in the banking industry is the key.

Obama is not a great president but to say he failed. He got the presidency in the second worst economic downturn in American history. Two wars that were not his. Keeping us afloat is actually a victory. People are so used to this right now at this second attitude they actually think a president can make a difference in half a term.
qft

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by reigndrop

roll.gif
roll.gif
at you thinking this a good thing

It is for the kids that get the loans and get a degree....
They'll be able to pay of the debt over some years, and have a career.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

roll.gif
roll.gif
at you thinking this a good thing

It is for the kids that get the loans and get a degree....
They'll be able to pay of the debt over some years, and have a career.

bboy1827 wrote:

I'm glad everyone has an opinion.

http://theconservativepost.com/WordPress/?p=1796
Obama Bails out GM...Why?

http://money.cnn.com/2008...s/companies/GM/index.htm
because GM's stock is under 3$ for the first time in decades, which means that a lot of people are out of work and broke.

http://finance.yahoo.com/...008&d=01&e=18&f=2011&g=m
Guess what? GM Bounced back, with there stock rising 1000% since then.

Now for a failed President to turn around the biggest employer of US citizens within two years, idk what that is to you, but to me that is not a fail.

THE SAME ADMINISTRATION THAT DIDNT ALLOW THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO PURCHASE GM STOCK WHEN THEY CRASHED. THEY PREVENTED THE AVG AMERICAN FROM GRASPING A PIECE OF THE AMERICN PIE WHILE ITS WAS AVAILABLE . THEY PUT A FREEZE ON PEOPLE WITHOUT ENOUGH LEVERAGE TO PURCHASE SMALL AMOUNTS THAT WOULD HAVE TURNED A DECENT PROFIT REGARDLESS OF THE INITAL INVESTMENT... +$@# OBAMA AND +$@# THE WHITE HOUSE

bboy1827 wrote:

because GM's stock is under 3$ for the first time in decades, which means that a lot of people are out of work and broke.

Now for a failed President to turn around the biggest employer of US citizens within two years, idk what that is to you, but to me that is not a fail.

THE SAME ADMINISTRATION THAT DIDNT ALLOW THE GENERAL PUBLIC TO PURCHASE GM STOCK WHEN THEY CRASHED. THEY PREVENTED THE AVG AMERICAN FROM GRASPING A PIECE OF THE AMERICN PIE WHILE ITS WAS AVAILABLE . THEY PUT A FREEZE ON PEOPLE WITHOUT ENOUGH LEVERAGE TO PURCHASE SMALL AMOUNTS THAT WOULD HAVE TURNED A DECENT PROFIT REGARDLESS OF THE INITAL INVESTMENT... +$@# OBAMA AND +$@# THE WHITE HOUSE

Most people need loans for college myself included... Something needs to be done on interest/ ability to pay it back...

What exactly? I couldn't tell you...

Most people need loans for college myself included... Something needs to be done on interest/ ability to pay it back...

Originally Posted by Essential1

The cost of college is only the symptom.  The real problem is that we have told everyone that they should go to college and get a better education.  Not everyone should go to college from a maturity or financial standpoint.  Once you tell everyone that they need to do something, then the basic supply and demand curve comes into account.  If the demand for a certain item becomes high, them the cost of it will follow.  For an example, we just need to look at the housing market.  The government tried to push the banks into making cheaper loans to less qualified people which then created a bubble.  A similar curve has occurred with the cost of higher education as well.  With over 43% of kids dropping out of school, they are then left with student loans and no way to pay them back.  Bottom line... if you want to make college more affordable, eliminate most of the loan programs and then the economic balance will come back into play.

Besides... what's wrong with community colleges?  You still learn the same stuff at 1/10th of the cost of most four year state schools.

The cost of college is only the symptom.  The real problem is that we have told everyone that they should go to college and get a better education.  Not everyone should go to college from a maturity or financial standpoint.  Once you tell everyone that they need to do something, then the basic supply and demand curve comes into account.  If the demand for a certain item becomes high, them the cost of it will follow.  For an example, we just need to look at the housing market.  The government tried to push the banks into making cheaper loans to less qualified people which then created a bubble.  A similar curve has occurred with the cost of higher education as well.  With over 43% of kids dropping out of school, they are then left with student loans and no way to pay them back.  Bottom line... if you want to make college more affordable, eliminate most of the loan programs and then the economic balance will come back into play.

Besides... what's wrong with community colleges?  You still learn the same stuff at 1/10th of the cost of most four year state schools.

He only failed for tryna make the reds happy and in turn gettin bamboozled. Sometimes u gotta stick to ur guns

He only failed for tryna make the reds happy and in turn gettin bamboozled. Sometimes u gotta stick to ur guns

Originally Posted by G14

RON PAUL WAS THE REAL CHANGE YA'LL WAS LOOKING FOR

BUT FAILED TO NOTICE HOW THE MEDIA PLAYED HIM AS A SUCKER

NOW ANYBODY SUPPORTING PAUL' IS SUSPECTED AS A HOMELAND TERRORIST

MAKES YOU WONDER WHY THEY WOULD GO TO GREAT LENGTHS TO THINK THAT

THEY WOULD BE OD SCARED OF A GUY LIKE HIM IN OFFICE

And to the people who said Ron Paul... He does hold intelligence, but his policies would have not made us any better... He is principled which I respect, but a lot of his policies would come at the detriment of 95% of the country..

Did you get that from Chris Matthews? He said the same thing last week on his show RE: his winning at CPAC. In all honesty, you have no clue what Ron Paul stands for. I would highly suggest you question your own beliefs for once and read his books. They aren't long at all.

The fact that you say "his policies would have not made us better" clearly shows your lack of intellect on basic economics, the whole theory on sound money, and individual freedom. Ron Paul predicted everything you see what's going on now, with the economy, foreign policy, ect.

Originally Posted by G14

RON PAUL WAS THE REAL CHANGE YA'LL WAS LOOKING FOR

BUT FAILED TO NOTICE HOW THE MEDIA PLAYED HIM AS A SUCKER

NOW ANYBODY SUPPORTING PAUL' IS SUSPECTED AS A HOMELAND TERRORIST

MAKES YOU WONDER WHY THEY WOULD GO TO GREAT LENGTHS TO THINK THAT

THEY WOULD BE OD SCARED OF A GUY LIKE HIM IN OFFICE

And to the people who said Ron Paul... He does hold intelligence, but his policies would have not made us any better... He is principled which I respect, but a lot of his policies would come at the detriment of 95% of the country..

Did you get that from Chris Matthews? He said the same thing last week on his show RE: his winning at CPAC. In all honesty, you have no clue what Ron Paul stands for. I would highly suggest you question your own beliefs for once and read his books. They aren't long at all.

The fact that you say "his policies would have not made us better" clearly shows your lack of intellect on basic economics, the whole theory on sound money, and individual freedom. Ron Paul predicted everything you see what's going on now, with the economy, foreign policy, ect.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Then someone like me who is on the dean's list every semester doesn't go to college, and I would not become a Teacher (which is what I am planning on doing).

Eliminating most loan programs basically allows only those who could already afford it go.. Basically recycling wealth.

Rich stay rich.. Poor stay poor..

I won't become rich as a teacher but looking at the pay of all my former teachers and others around the area.. In my mid 30s to late 30's, I'd be making what my parents make combined, and love what I'm doing..

Then someone like me who is on the dean's list every semester doesn't go to college, and I would not become a Teacher (which is what I am planning on doing).

Eliminating most loan programs basically allows only those who could already afford it go.. Basically recycling wealth.

I won't become rich as a teacher but looking at the pay of all my former teachers and others around the area.. In my mid 30s to late 30's, I'd be making what my parents make combined, and love what I'm doing..

Originally Posted by devildog1776

bboy1827 wrote:

Should've invested in Ford.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

bboy1827 wrote:

Should've invested in Ford.

Originally Posted by rashi

I'm not going into a Ron Paul debate.. I've gotten into many of a debate with Ron Paul supports on multiple college campuses.. I don't give a %%$# about his books.. I've heard him talk millions of times..Let's just say the Ron Paul debates get nowhere because when you call his @*%%@%!*, the response is "You can't possibly understand his genius"

Russ Feingold also predicted everything that was going to happen, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  he's an ubber liberal, I'm guessing you would say  he's not sound in economics, foreign policy, etc....

It's all @*%%@%!* any way, just a principled podium.... I wish Ron Paul would get elected and we'd see what he gets done, my guess is he will find out that a lot of the government programs he wants to end will go untouched because they help ACTUAL PEOPLE.. Not theoretical people in an economics text book written by some jack ##!, who knows how to help the poor, and that is by ignoring them, and assume they will become rich if they work hard enough..

Originally Posted by rashi

I'm not going into a Ron Paul debate.. I've gotten into many of a debate with Ron Paul supports on multiple college campuses.. I don't give a %%$# about his books.. I've heard him talk millions of times..Let's just say the Ron Paul debates get nowhere because when you call his @*%%@%!*, the response is "You can't possibly understand his genius"

Russ Feingold also predicted everything that was going to happen, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT  he's an ubber liberal, I'm guessing you would say  he's not sound in economics, foreign policy, etc....

It's all @*%%@%!* any way, just a principled podium.... I wish Ron Paul would get elected and we'd see what he gets done, my guess is he will find out that a lot of the government programs he wants to end will go untouched because they help ACTUAL PEOPLE.. Not theoretical people in an economics text book written by some jack ##!, who knows how to help the poor, and that is by ignoring them, and assume they will become rich if they work hard enough..

It's actually contrary to what one might think about the subject.  I'll take California as an example since I live here and get to hear about the "good ole days" quite often.  Back on the 1960's, before we had most of the social programs to get everyone into college, higher education was free to anyone living in the state.  That's right... you didn't have to pay ANYTHING.  That went for the wealthy, as well as the lower class kids who qualified to get in.  Fast forward to the last couple years, and the cost of state schools has increased by almost 50% per year!  Private schools have also been increasing at almost a double digit clip as well.  Now... some of the cost for the state schools is due to state mismanagement of funds going into the system.  Most of it though lies with the increased amount of federal money flowing into the system through Fannie Mae. 

There are plenty of scholarships available to high performing kids or kids who just apply for them.  I have no problem with that since it's a direct investment by private companies to encourage growth in the educational system.  When government does it though it's coming out of the taxpayers pockets mostly without their say in the matter.

It's actually contrary to what one might think about the subject.  I'll take California as an example since I live here and get to hear about the "good ole days" quite often.  Back on the 1960's, before we had most of the social programs to get everyone into college, higher education was free to anyone living in the state.  That's right... you didn't have to pay ANYTHING.  That went for the wealthy, as well as the lower class kids who qualified to get in.  Fast forward to the last couple years, and the cost of state schools has increased by almost 50% per year!  Private schools have also been increasing at almost a double digit clip as well.  Now... some of the cost for the state schools is due to state mismanagement of funds going into the system.  Most of it though lies with the increased amount of federal money flowing into the system through Fannie Mae. 

There are plenty of scholarships available to high performing kids or kids who just apply for them.  I have no problem with that since it's a direct investment by private companies to encourage growth in the educational system.  When government does it though it's coming out of the taxpayers pockets mostly without their say in the matter.

Back
Top Bottom